Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This is hilarious. But like the painful kind of hilarious. 

Did we even try to offload any of these?? I can't even remember a whiff of a rumour 

Costing us enough in GK kits FFS

Just don’t seem ruthless enough, the settings are probably far to cosy for these bit part squad members 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, lfu said:

Transfer windows in Poland, Belgium, Switzerland, Czechia, Greece and Turkey are still open to name a few

Anyone know of teams from there we can offload players to?

European clubs in Turkey would probably be the only solution for some of the players. The other countries are too much of a step down.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Just don’t not seem ruthless enough, the settings are probably far to cosy for these bit part squad members 

there definitely seems a reluctance to move. Seagrave Spa Resort and hangover from Rodgers and his cosy atmosphere I reckon. 

Can't wait for contracts to start expiring! 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

there definitely seems a reluctance to move. Seagrave Spa Resort and hangover from Rodgers and his cosy atmosphere I reckon. 

Can't wait for contracts to start expiring! 

State of the art gyms, bit of golf, best bit is if you don’t like traveling or don’t live in close proximity, just stay the night in your own little room.

“The inclusion of individual hotel rooms for the players also marks a significant change. Previously, the club had to pay to hire rooms elsewhere. Now they each have their own private space on site and can stay late after games if it is more convenient.“

• Like 1

We have a strong squad.    We seem to lack cover at lb and possibly cb.  Rw looks covered for the first time in a while.

Presumably, this will be looked at in January.    

28 players are  listed on the club website.  Cannon is not there yet.   Five are Goalkeepers and I think that Nelson,  McAteer and Marcal do not have to be named in the twenty five as they are under 21 and academy.  Praet is injured.  Daka may not be considered as his next appearance would cost €5 million.

Glad Soumare has gone. 

We have shifted A LOT of players on that needed to go. The fact we are on 28 players as opposed to 32 is good compared to the situation last year.

He will need to keep players who he has not intention to play well away from the squad.

Daka still being here doesn't bother me. We are not overstocked at striker and he will be useful if we get injuries.

Souttar similarly. If coady, faes, Doyle get injured he will be needed.

Holding on to Ricardo, Iheanacho, Vardy, Faes, Justin, KDH is great...

• Like 2

apart from the late Daka debacle and of course the x5 GK joke, we did pretty well. 

So important getting Winks and Coady in early, and Doyle looks settled already. 

Bonus keeping Nacho and bringing in Cannon. 

Ndidi I was meh about, but can't argue with how he has started the season so maybe another bonus. 

Would have loved McAtee and THB but can see why we didn't get them done, as really needed to shift more out first. 

Overall, 7/10 window - Gets bumped to a 7.5 if Daka goes to Turkey or Saudi. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Pleased with the incomings but still too many around who aren't going to be needed.

That is how I feel. Incomings are good. And we got that fraud Soumare off the books. But we are still lumped with Ward, etc

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KFS said:

Still soooo heavy

Ward 

Iversen

Praet

Souttar

Daka

None of these will play!

Praet will play. He's already started in games for us this season and / or made an impact. At the moment I feel like Maresca sees the Attacking Midfielders as KDH, Ndidi, Casadei and Praet. McAteer I think will be rotated with Mavididi given his strong start.

Marcal will get some impact minutes, Albrighton... not sure. Maybe some minutes to see off games. Souttar might come back into the squad too, though I think Maresca just doesn't think he's good enough.

But overall I can't really disagree with you, we could have done with shifting a few more players. I am shocked Daniel Iversen is still here, he's actually a good player! Maybe we would only sell and not loan? He's very unlucky IMO, because even though I don't think he's a superstar, he would be more than competent for many teams, and not just at this level.

• Like 2

No disputing that DD was a bit of a c0ck up and we are carrying a fair bit of dead weight. 

BUT...

We added some real quality and/or potential this window and we have more than enough of that to field a very good starting 11 and bench each week. 

It wasn't perfect but it was a good window all in all and I think, once emotions settle down, most will see that. 

If you look at the overall squads of all teams, we easily have the best in the division. No excuses for not going up now.

I can see that a big thing for Maresca is to have competition for every position. Part of elite mentality is making it so that training is often harder than an actual game. At some of the biggest teams, players have said that just to keep your place in the team, you have to perform every single day. So when they get to match day, it's easy because they have had to be at such a high level all week.

On top of this with 5 subs available and between 5-10 minutes of stoppage time every game, we will overwhelm so many teams, even if we aren't playing well, because we simply have too many good players at our disposal.

If we go up, we will have plenty to do next summer too, but that's a problem for then, IF we go up. After this window and start to the season, I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

Enzo is really going to have to shine with his motivation skills now. There will be players that thought they were leaving this window and were not part of our plans, but now find themselves here for the foreseeable future. Souttar for example, could be needed at any point and still play a big role in our season. 

I agree with Strider though, we have a fantastic squad now and it just needs Enzo to work his magic and keep everyone as motivated and focused as possible. 

• Like 1