Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

Incoming deals have been excellent, really pleased, I think we have signed a good blend of good experienced leaders such as Coady and Winks but then complimented with some very talented younger players with massive potential. Exciting times. 

outgoings again are a source of frustration, our inability to move on players such as Daka, Ward, Iversen, Souttar and Praet means we are still carrying a bloated squad, let’s hope the first 4 embrace a season long loan to any of Turkey, Greece or Belgian leagues. As for Praet I expect him to leave Perez style in January to Torino for a pittance loan fee and then sign for free in the summer. 

• Like 3

So when we are at full strength, our matchday squad would look something like...

Hermansen

Ricardo       Faes          Coady          Doyle

Winks 

Casadei          KDH

Akgun                                           Mavadidi

Ihneacho 

Subs....

Storacyck

JJ

Vestergaard/Souttar

Hamza

Ndidi/Praet

Marcal

Mcateer

AFI

Vardy/Cannon

I mean... Not to shabby really. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Don’t think we’ve don’t enough from a financial perspective, and may need to sell one or two unwanted departures in Jan. fail to go up and the finances could look absolutely horrific 

Daka and the two keepers. Had Souttar gone we'd have needed a replacement, we've let pretty much all our options to cover Doyle go and we've spent around £35m and got £100m in.

I still think Daka goes to Turkey on loan and Iversen to Belgium.

Happy overall with the signings although I admit I know nothing about cannon. Glad we shifted soumare  although if it is a loan he may well be back to haunt us. Failure to get rid of deadwood is more a reflection on previous crap windows than this one. Must have felt like Del and Rodney trying to sell a load of knock off Tvs trying to sell them. Nobody is going to be interested unless you're  dealing with Trigger. 

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So when we are at full strength, our matchday squad would look something like...

Hermansen

Ndidi

Casadei          Winks

Ihneacho 

Subs....

Storacyck

JJ

Vestergaard/Souttar

Hamza

KDH/Praet

Marcal

Mcateer

AFI

Vardy/Cannon

Just some slight changes :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Hermansen

Winks 

Casadei          KDH

Ihneacho 

Subs....

Storacyck

JJ

Vestergaard/Souttar

Hamza

Ndidi/Praet

Marcal

Mcateer

AFI

Vardy/Cannon

No Kevin? 

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Just some slight changes :thumbup:

Winks in that central, deep position is probably the most Key area to the squad. He has to be able to move and receive the ball quickly and in tight areas. It's how we draw oppositions out and start attacks. It's absolutely not suited to Wilfs skillset. 

I think it speaks volumes that Enzo has said he prefers Hamza there to cover Winks over Wilf. Ndidi will be back up to the #8 position. 

Edited by Scotch

I’m very pleased with the overall business we’ve done. Obviously the jury’s still out on most the signings but they’re definitely in areas we needed strengthening as well as Coady and Winks adding PL quality and experience.

I really thought there would be more outgoings as our squad is quite bloated but it is a long season so a big squad is far from the worst thing. Gives us the luxury of rotation most teams is this division don’t have. Barnes and Maddison were always going to leave and we knew about Tielemans and Soyuncu before last season had ended so to keep the bulk of the other players; Ihenacho, Ricardo, KDH, Faes etc gives us one of the strongest squads the championship has ever had 

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

No Kevin? 

I think he'll play his part but don't think I'd have him in the squad without at least giving AFI a chance. Mcateer can play as an 8 and Marcal on the left so they are better options off the bench as they offer more versatility.

Financial things aside (50m in, when it was broadly accepted we needed 70m+) I'm concerned it is bad for morale to have so many disaffected players at Seagrave. 

We badly need to use the Leuven card. Iversen and Daka and Souttar may as well go over there. I've said from the get go Ward needs to be paid off / put on gardening leave. He has no place here. Our fault, not his. 

I don't think Albrighton will be too pleased either. Another year with appearances of odds and sods. 

As for the incomings, Winks and Hermansen aside, none of us have any clue how the wingers, striker or even Casadei will work out. Mavdidi looks a championship level player all ends up. 

Edit to add. The fact Wilf, Wout and Kels are still here is to me, absolutely staggering. Add Ricky and Styles and JJ and Vards, Coady, Doyle, Hermansen .....that lot alone would get any team in the division up 

Edited by Paninistickers

Apologies if posted here or elsewhere, but looks like we could have been close to moving Daka on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12472061/Bournemouths-Leicester-City-Zambia-striker-Patson-Daka-Cherries-pursue-loan-bid-Leeds-attacker-Luis-Sinisterra.html

Edited by Free Falling Foxes