Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

5 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Ok so 2 p!ayers in spending about £18M ish? Still peeved for selling Madison cheaply, concerned Barnes maybe off cheaply and Nacho for £8M good grief. Of cause it all might be bull but Rudkin and co aren't exactly doing themselves any favours here with what seems to me under selling then over paying. Ok I'll give it time but I'm a bit nervous! 

Around £6m initial fee for Winks and £7.5m for Coady initial fee, so spent about £13.5m total. 

On the face of it two solid pros into the club, who are saying all the right things early on.

I think most of us agreed that the last couple of seasons we have been missing leadership around this squad and both of the two incoming players will offer that in spades. Coady the more traditional leadership and I think listening to him yesterday, I initially thought captain. Winks more the Andy King type of do as I do and from everything I’ve read appears to be a good pro.

We still need a few more, but adding the experience first allows us to set the culture of Seagrave and the expectations, then add some young players who will follow the example.

I think the next step needs to be getting anyone else out of the club who doesn’t want to be here or isn’t willing to put the miles in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

7 or so still to leave - where possible, could be up to 9 if all goes to plan.

Barnes, Vestagaard, Hamza, Castagne, Hirst, Wilf, Praet, Albrighton and one of the two keepers.

Busy few weeks, once Barnes to West Ham gets finalised it gives us a boost to the pot. 

Interesting week up ahead :thumbup:

That list suggests not looking to move on Bouba, Kel or Daka? 

12 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Barnes, Vestagaard, Hamza, Castagne, Hirst, Wilf, Praet, Albrighton and one of the two keepers.

Busy few weeks, once Barnes to West Ham gets finalised it gives us a boost to the pot. 

Vesty won’t leave, allegedly dug in somewhere in seagrave grounds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Keeping Iheanacho and Daka? Surely means no Piroe?

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Depends on what offers come in, think there's a everyone's available for the right price mentality and reduce the wage bill. 

Nacho isn't one they want out the door I'm told. Forest have enquired but not going for £8m.

Daka isn't going anywhere.

We're not the only club in for Piroe, I'd say it's 50/50.

Outgoings will pick up next week.

Wingers and AM priority.

The fact we're in for Piroe indicates one of our strikers has to leave, surely?

What's the word on Vardy? 

Cheers for the info BTW.

2 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

That list suggests not looking to move on Bouba, Kel or Daka? 

Shame.

I'd like to keep Daka and Nacho, will be interesting to see if we can finally get something out of Daka in a Championship, but if we were to lose one it'd preferably be Daka, unfortunately I think it'll be Nacho - One of not many likeable players we have from the last few years.

• Like 1

Be a risk keeping Kel if we don’t go up and see him walk for free, would be superb if we could get him to sign an option for another year. At the moment there’s no goals coming from midfield or out wide assuming Barnes will head off this coming week so that’s got to be the priority to sort. Couple of AM and couple of wingers to come in fingers crossed whilst Barnes, Castagne and Praet toddle off next

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Any indication of how many we are looking to bring in and what positions? Appreciate you sharing the info you get.