Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

19 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

7 or so still to leave - where possible, could be up to 9 if all goes to plan.

Barnes, Vestagaard, Hamza, Castagne, Hirst, Wilf, Praet, Albrighton and one of the two keepers.

Busy few weeks, once Barnes to West Ham gets finalised it gives us a boost to the pot. 

Interesting week up ahead :thumbup:

I know it was bound to happen, but I'm going to be gutted when Barnes goes 😔. Hopefully it's at least a big fee.

I wonder where Wilf will end up? Not seen any links for him yet. Another I'll be sad to see go, but he's not been right for a while now.

Re: the keepers, I'm guessing it's more likely to be Iversen, as be would understandably want game time. Dropping down a division and getting dropped would be a blow for him.

• Like 1

Just thinking that we have released 7, Maddison sold, Barnes about to leave with Ndidi, Praet and Castagne probably going as well. 2 in still a lot of work to do, kind of thinking we need to get a move on unless we are waiting for the money from sales. Somebody please tell me it'll be fine!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Just thinking that we have released 7, Maddison sold, Barnes about to leave with Ndidi, Praet and Castagne probably going as well. 2 in still a lot of work to do, kind of thinking we need to get a move on unless we are waiting for the money from sales. Somebody please tell me it'll be fine!! 

It will definitely be fine. Plenty of time yet.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Perfectly fine. Sounds like Doyle will be over the line next week and I have no doubt we will be setting up with Wing Backs next season, which we currently have strength and depth without Castagne 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It will definitely be fine. Plenty of time yet.

We struggle to get a transfer over the line, nevermind multiple ones. We've only ended up with Winks as we were already talking to Spurs for weeks about Maddison.

Still got no end of players that need moving on hanging around who should have gone last summer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scinnell said:

Perfectly fine. Sounds like Doyle will be over the line next week and I have no doubt we will be setting up with Wing Backs next season, which we currently have strength and depth without Castagne 

Setting up with wingbacks, and selling your only decent wingback (who can play both sides) that has been fit for the last 24 months does not sound such a great idea....

• Like 2

It all seems to have slowed down again unless another wave of activity is about to hit. I’m sure it will be fine we all know players have to leave and new ones come in so let Maresca & co do their thing.

It’s a bit of a worry that more business has not been done.  With less than a handful of pre-season games to go before August 6th it’s still hard to see who will be lining up in that first fixture.  It would seem that the club is making the same mistakes again, will we have enough players to even make up the bench for the first match without having to using players from the development squad who may not be ready.

• Like 1

Positive view is that looks like the club are getting the base of the team sorted first - GK apart - Coady, Doyle and Winks all got to be 1st choice and Riccy P, JJ both being given inverted FB roles today. Prob need 2 creative number 8s, a CF if Kel is off and 2 wide forwards this window - as well as a GK no doubt. 6 more in and maybe another 6 to go out 

Albrighton ‘rested’ along with Barnes today interesting - maybe both on way out shortly. 

On 02/07/2023 at 05:45, Sambiasso said:

7 or so still to leave - where possible, could be up to 9 if all goes to plan.

Barnes, Vestagaard, Hamza, Castagne, Hirst, Wilf, Praet, Albrighton and one of the two keepers.

Busy few weeks, once Barnes to West Ham gets finalised it gives us a boost to the pot. 

Interesting week up ahead :thumbup:

did you forget to list Soumare or are we looking to keep him? 

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

There hasn't been much said about Soumare so far but wouldn't he & Winks be in contention for the base of the midfield spot.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Unless someone comes in with a decent wedge for him it's unlikey he'll go. 

I'm very surprised there hasn't been more regarding Wilf leaving, I'll be amazed if hes still here come 1st Sept - Thought he was Saudi bound 

Should he go it would leave us very light in the CM role which is why I doubt Soumare will leave this window.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Unless someone comes in with a decent wedge for him it's unlikey he'll go. 

I'm very surprised there hasn't been more regarding Wilf leaving, I'll be amazed if hes still here come 1st Sept - Thought he was Saudi bound 

Should he go it would leave us very light in the CM role which is why I doubt Soumare will leave this window.

I can see Maresca enjoying Soumare if he can get him working off the ball.

31 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We are in desperate need of creative / attacking players. As with Madders, Barnes, Youri gone/going. We have been decimated attacking wise. No idea whose going to feed whatever strikers we play. 

I feel like the club are attempting to push through Steffen and Doyle so they can solely focus on this.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. But no surprise to me.

A rebuild taking place at the speed of Sagreda Familia. 

We’ve hired a new manager who it appears wants to have a particular style of play. But we’ve got a squad at pre season training that we don’t want / or don’t want to be here. We aren’t working players in quick enough to give maximum time to learn the new style.

You worry we are burning the first part of the season away as the new players arrive later into the window and have to adapt whilst the season is on. 

I think I’m still pissed off with last season but I ain’t got much confidence at the mo in us