Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smig123

Thoughts on Transfer business ?

Reasonably happy with Coady, although think we’ve overpaid.

Not really sure why we’ve signed Winks to be honest.

Maddison and Barnes were always going to leave. But I think we’re being short-changed on both.

My two big concerns so far are A) we haven’t yet managed to move on people like Vestergaard and B) a lack of links to attacking players.

I’m also a bit concerned by the club having talks with Evans; he’s been a great servant but extending his contract would be the wrong move IMO. 

So it’s a 5/10 so far from me, but still time to go of course. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Reasonably happy with Coady, although think we’ve overpaid.

Not really sure why we’ve signed Winks to be honest.

Maddison and Barnes were always going to leave. But I think we’re being short-changed on both.

My two big concerns so far are A) we haven’t yet managed to move on people like Vestergaard and B) a lack of links to attacking players.

I’m also a bit concerned by the club having talks with Evans; he’s been a great servant but extending his contract would be the wrong move IMO. 

So it’s a 5/10 so far from me, but still time to go of course. 

Winks is going to be one of, if not the most important player in this system. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

A rebuild taking place at the speed of Sagreda Familia. 

We’ve hired a new manager who it appears wants to have a particular style of play. But we’ve got a squad at pre season training that we don’t want / or don’t want to be here. We aren’t working players in quick enough to give maximum time to learn the new style.

You worry we are burning the first part of the season away as the new players arrive later into the window and have to adapt whilst the season is on. 

I think I’m still pissed off with last season but I ain’t got much confidence at the mo in us 

Echo this, we need a lot of work to shape this squad in the way he'll want it. Wouldn't be shocked if there's a fallout down the line. Too early for meltdowns but they're working on whatever is the opposite of credit in the bank after the last few years.

Ultimately this is still Rudkin's ship. We're forever limited in how well things can actually go from now when this is the case - particularly now that Vardy is past his best.

• Like 1

Coady should do OK.

Absolutely no idea with Winks.

The main disappointment is the lack of movement out the door. I guess we are doing all we can behind the scenes but it's very difficult to get rid of terrible players who are well paid.

Lots more work to do anyway. 

58 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Coady should do OK.

Absolutely no idea with Winks.

The main disappointment is the lack of movement out the door. I guess we are doing all we can behind the scenes but it's very difficult to get rid of terrible players who are well paid.

Lots more work to do anyway. 

By terrible players, you mean Vestergaard and Ward? Any others? We've shifted 9 so far (10 counting Hirst) with most likely 2/3 more going for money. That's half the squad. 

• Like 1

Hopefully get Doyle and Hermansen sorted by the end of the week

Then I expect any deals for wingers would have to wait until Barnes is gone, and with any more movement for someone like Piroe waiting until Nacho potentially leaves

54 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

By terrible players, you mean Vestergaard and Ward? Any others? We've shifted 9 so far (10 counting Hirst) with most likely 2/3 more going for money. That's half the squad. 

Yep.

Plus Soumare, Ndidi, Praet and Faes ideally.

As I said though, tough to move those sort of players isn't it. Surprised if we get even a low ball offer for any of those, never mind a decent one.

20 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Two signings so far are decent. Maddison couldn’t really be helped. However, if we sell Barnes off cheap it will be a huge mistake. Same with Nacho. Just to buy lesser players. Not having that. 

coning round to what one poster suggested in the Nacho thread, keep him and let him score for fun in the championship. He’s better than any other striker inside the Championship and we couldn’t get much for the £8 million suggested as his price. Stuff it. He and Barnes would wreak havoc. 

Only proviso is whether they fit Enzo’s tactical system. 

We might be waiting on these sales to strengthen, but that’s not really strengthening. Imagine what we would have to pay for Barnes IF we were back in the Premier League. 

The key is not keeping players who don’t want to be here. 

if they want to go 👋

Positives: 

In Coady, Winks and Doyle (hopefully announced soon) we are assembling what looks like a strong spine for this level. Hopefully the goalkeeper is sorted soon too. Currently we still have three strikers who will be able to score goals at this level. 

Negatives: 

The season starts in just over three weeks and having lost Maddison, Tielemans and with Barnes looking set to leave, we have lost a lot in terms of the ability to create chances and score goals. Links to attacking players at this stage haven't exactly been forthcoming either. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Positives: 

In Coady, Winks and Doyle (hopefully announced soon) we are assembling what looks like a strong spine for this level. Hopefully the goalkeeper is sorted soon too. Currently we still have three strikers who will be able to score goals at this level. 

Negatives: 

The season starts in just over three weeks and having lost Maddison, Tielemans and with Barnes looking set to leave, we have lost a lot in terms of the ability to create chances and score goals. Links to attacking players at this stage haven't exactly been forthcoming either. 

Three weeks until the start - of which we'll spend over a week in Asia so the actual logistics of getting players in is tougher because of obstacles we chose to place ourselves.

I wish it wasn't bloody Cov first game. I do think we're quite likely to start badly.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Three weeks until the start - of which we'll spend over a week in Asia so the actual logistics of getting players in is tougher because of obstacles we chose to place ourselves.

I wish it wasn't bloody Cov first game. I do think we're quite likely to start badly.

The potential of not beating them is torturing me. There's not a team I've wanted to beat more in years.