Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I have been trying to formulate a response to this, but struggling… let’s just say ‘we obviously didn’t interpret it in the same way’ 

Not being confrontational but I'm genuinely interested as to what you're taking from that? Unfortunately, because he is articulate and spent 5 years here (and we took him from the championship to cup success, European football etc.), I'd have expected a much more lengthy statement that seemed more sincere, pulling on his specific experiences. It just reads like it could have been written by any player from the past few years.

He's earned his move but a shame for him that's it's only Spurs?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That Dewsbury-Hall instagram post is nauseating. 

They’ve just been on holiday together, gonna be a right pain sorting out the photographer to take pictures of them all week living in two different cities now

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheFish said:

Would he have played ahead of Tonali? Not likely. Tonali's versatility allows Bruno to push forward on occasion, Maddison would have restricted Bruno to his number 6 position

Tonali holding with Maddison and Bruno having more licence to roam will have been the vision. Tonali isn't an alternative to Maddison, they were meant to play together, hence why you're now apparently targeting Szoboszlai.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Not being confrontational but I'm genuinely interested as to what you're taking from that? Unfortunately, because he is articulate and spent 5 years here (and we took him from the championship to cup success, European football etc.), I'd have expected a much more lengthy statement that seemed more sincere, pulling on his specific experiences. It just reads like it could have been written by any player from the past few years.

He's earned his move but a shame for him that's it's only Spurs?

I love Madders to bits. But also felt the post was a bit, well, vanilla. 

The trouble is, as always,  our supporters. He's been attacked online for a good three seasons now. All started with his rucksack and never ended from there. 

At some point, will our support ever query why other teams part on good terms with their players whereas we always have bad blood? Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire - all of them booed. Jeff Schlupp. Demarai Gray constantly mocked despite pretty decent duty with us. 

Perez left without much of a whisper. A lovely Dan Amartey not a word. Mendy nothing. Evans barely a mention. Schmeichel zero send off (albeit for different reasons) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

For somebody so articulate, that's a crap message. Not that I care but I think it's shows more importantly, that he didn't really care.

There’s a longer one on his instagram, can’t fit it all in in the twitter character limit 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Lets not forget he went weeks being actually booed when he was brought on.

It's so typical of us as a supporter base. Moan moan moan and never appreciating what they've got whilst theyve got it

Yet, in 30 years time, those same punters will all be how marvellous he was for us and how the players at that point are total shite compared to how Madders/Mahrez)Maguire used to be

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

It's so typical of us as a supporter base. Moan moan moan and never appreciating what they've got whilst theyve got it

Yet, in 30 years time, those same punters will all be how marvellous he was for us and how the players at that point are total shite compared to how Madders/Mahrez)Maguire used to be

Objectively a very good but not great player , England has only one great player ; Kane. The same people who are having a go at him were those who were screaming at Southgate to select him before Christmas.