Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

28 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Objectively a very good but not great player , England has only one great player ; Kane. The same people who are having a go at him were those who were screaming at Southgate to select him before Christmas.

...you have to realise that football is tribal, verging on religion and there is a lot of emotion invested in the team you support!!!

The adoration that you feel towards a player while he is with us and the trust and hopes that you give to them when they take the field allows a vicarious experience that can not be matched in any other part of your life.

Being betrayed (and that is what has been perceived has happened when someone leaves the club) for some, can only be satiated by anger, which manifests itself in all different shapes and actions.

Some people can rationalise the situation and see it for what it is, it does not stop the hurt, but it tempers their reaction to the issue.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ugh. I don't know why I asked I immediately regret reading that.

Could you not just have whatsapp'd him, Kiernan? Ffs.

He's written it like Maddison retired or died lol (apart from the 'you deserve this' patter)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

He’s a brilliant player and one of the few who actually seemed to care last season. I can’t understand the vitriol some show towards him to be honest. It’s weird. 

Kasper was keeper and captain in the squad that squandered two top 4 places. Does that mean we can’t miss him as well? Don’t be silly. 

Did you not watch the last 10 games when he went missing during our most crucial part of the season?

Second sentence is ridiculous too, missing out on top 4 is a little different to getting relegated, with the same squad. 

21 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

JM 40m and mason chuffing mount moves the same day for 60m, he's not fit to lace jms boots, both got a year left on respective contracts, not sure if relegation has hamstrung us that much or the board have their heads in the sand as always, probably both, should have got north of 50m, not my money but jesus, what a joke. 

It’s quite ridiculous. I get that Maddison wanted the move but £40,000,000 is not enough for a talented creative midfield England regular. And only 26 years of age. 

40 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

£40,000,000 is not enough. Spurs only paid £30,000,000 if they got £10,000,000 for Harry Winks. Great business by Spurs. 

So from what i've seen, it's £40m + addons potentially up to £50m, then the £10m for winks is including addons. 

So best case scenario is £50m for Maddison, and £5m for winks + promotion bonus I would assume. Maddison is a £60m player on his day, but over the last 18 months his performances have been so hot and cold there's no way we would realistically be able to command £50-60m upfront. United are just being United and we can't really base our prices on that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Ugh. I don't know why I asked I immediately regret reading that.

Could you not just have whatsapp'd him, Kiernan? Ffs.

As much as his post and the Maddison press release turns my stomach there's not much you can logically say is wrong with it all.

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

One thing I hate about the modern game. All this nicey nicey pally pally stuff. Even if you feel that way, there's no need for so much public displays of affection :ill:

Without sounding too much like Roy Keane, i despise the fist bumps and hugging after a game. I don't want to see that shit. The way we feel about our club and the matches could not be further from what they feel. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

So from what i've seen, it's £40m + addons potentially up to £50m, then the £10m for winks is including addons. 

So best case scenario is £50m for Maddison, and £5m for winks + promotion bonus I would assume. Maddison is a £60m player on his day, but over the last 18 months his performances have been so hot and cold there's no way we would realistically be able to command £50-60m upfront. United are just being United and we can't really base our prices on that. 

Thanks for explaining this. That would make more sense. Cheers. 

Just now, DennisNedry said:

The longer I sit on this, the more annoyed I am that Spurs have absolutely had our pants down.

Madders is head and shoulders above Mason Mount who's going for more money. And for less than half of what Rice is going for. 

The problem with that is that we've been relegated and we're desperate to sell, Newman.

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Without sounding too much like Roy Keane, i despise the fist bumps and hugging after a game. I don't want to see that shit. The way we feel about our club and the matches could not be further from what they feel. 

And all the hugging before the game. 

• Sad 1

God you lot sound old haha. Fvck me. I’m not a huge fan of it all either but it’s not for us. Imagine KDH….. “oh no, 42 year old Brian from Groby doesn’t like my post? Ffs, it was actually him I had in mind when I wrote it. Please Brian, read it again and like it. I might as well give up football and follow your path of never quite achieving anything and slagging off actual 20 year olds”.