Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'You deserve this'

Well we were actually doing a lot better than Tottenham for a long period very recently. It's hardly a move to Barcelona. He captained us, mostly, to relegation.

He actually deserves to stay.

Yeah I can’t see Spurs winning anything even with Maddison playing for them. Especially IF Kane finally gets his move. 

Edited by Ely fox

‘You deserve this’  - this is what kdh has written without anyone proof reading it.   Well it could be that madders has just signed a £45m contract. I guess that’s something to be deserving of ……….

I suppose if you’re kdh and you’ve seen your weekly wage drop from 60k to 40k then your mate moving to be on the thick end of 200 bags a week is notable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I can’t stand this niceness from Kdh. This is what in effect got us relegated. Far too nice and happy with everyone else. I certainly hope with Maresca and the new players coming in that they are more aggressive and tough bastards. 

It's annoying to see but it's completely normal. He's wishing his friend well in his career. It is certainly not what got us relegated because this is what every footballer is like nowadays.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't understand when players when to play for a club because its in London, what's so great about London.. I could understand if like a Spanish club with better weather, beaches etc or Italy with it being a different culture etc but London?

it's a different world for the minted. They don't see all the scaffolding and homeless people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘You deserve this’  - this is what kdh has written without anyone proof reading it.   Well it could be that madders has just signed a £45m contract. I guess that’s something to be deserving of ……….

I suppose if you’re kdh and you’ve seen your weekly wage drop from 60k to 40k then your mate moving to be on the thick end of 200 bags a week is notable 

It's the implication that players at Leicester are 'deserving' of a move to Tottenham after under performance.

I'd like to think they've more decorum. Apparently not though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's the implication that players at Leicester are 'deserving' of a move to Tottenham after under performance.

I'd like to think they've more decorum. Apparently not though.

I think spurs are irrelevant in this.  It’s a job to these guys. When they start out at 8 or 9 it’s a dream. Their parents carting them around the country to play most Saturday mornings, rain or shine,  there are knock backs, injuries etc etc. and the pot of gold is always at the end of the rainbow. Madders has just pocketed his pot of gold - I reckon that’s what the phrase is about.  Move on 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Keep it between the 2 of them and don’t announce it on social media. Simple. 

That's the world we live in mate. To expect anything different from them is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think spurs are irrelevant in this.  It’s a job to these guys. When they start out at 8 or 9 it’s a dream. Their parents carting them around the country to play most Saturday mornings, rain or shine,  there are knock backs, injuries etc etc. and the pot of gold is always at the end of the rainbow. Madders has just pocketed his pot of gold - I reckon that’s what the phrase is about.  Move on 

I'd have thought he was on a kings ransom here, too.

Oh well. Tada Maddison.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I feel about as sad at Madders leaving the club as he does. It’s a bit like being dumped by the girlfriend that you were planning to dump anyway. No biggie 

Yeah, but after they got you kicked out of that nice Penthouse apartment you had. And you're looking a little less attractive than before.

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Nah ! She’s given the new boyfriend an STD though nothing to do with me 

Spurs have tested positive for Trophylis, Madders might want to get himself checked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not getting the 'You deserve this' comment.  Hardly a Champions League mega move for Madders is it! 

I know there is always a lot of lads/besties type stuff that goes on at all clubs, but I do feel that the culture at Leicester over the last two seasons, has become more about a boy's club, rather than a professional team that wants to fight and compete for everything! 

Like KDH though and hope he has a big season with us. He really needs to, as can see him dropping out of favour quickly and not being able to get back in, if he doesn't progress from where he is. Needs to make a step up this season.

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Did you not watch the last 10 games when he went missing during our most crucial part of the season?

Second sentence is ridiculous too, missing out on top 4 is a little different to getting relegated, with the same squad. 

He didn’t ‘go missing’ . He was one of the few shining lights in what was a turgid, half arsed slide towards relegation in the last 1/4 of the season. Not his best football maybe but still some good moments. Leeds away he was the best on the pitch. Ironically I thought the final dead rubber against West Ham was one of his best ever games for us. He’s a top player and I’ll miss him.

If it wasn’t for him we’d have been relegated much earlier! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

“You deserve this” as if Maddison’s boyhood dream was to play for f***ing Spurs. 😂 This is the attitude that saw us get relegated and had players thinking about their next moves before last season even started.

It wasn’t very long ago that we were smacking Spurs around but now they’re suddenly where our players aspire to land. 

Bring on the squad overhaul. 

Kiernan Dewsbury Hall is a Nottingham born Man United fan. This response should not be a surprise!

• Like 1