Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

3 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He didn’t ‘go missing’ . He was one of the few shining lights in what was a turgid, half arsed slide towards relegation in the last 1/4 of the season. Not his best football maybe but still some good moments. Leeds away he was the best on the pitch. Ironically I thought the final dead rubber against West Ham was one of his best ever games for us. He’s a top player and I’ll miss him.

If it wasn’t for him we’d have been relegated much earlier! 

He did - Bournemouth Everton particularly bad. 

Brill, glad he had such a great game the day we went down! You probably stood and cheered and clapped the lads off after doucoure scored , proud of their efforts for the season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I love Madders to bits. But also felt the post was a bit, well, vanilla. 

The trouble is, as always,  our supporters. He's been attacked online for a good three seasons now. All started with his rucksack and never ended from there. 

At some point, will our support ever query why other teams part on good terms with their players whereas we always have bad blood? Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire - all of them booed. Jeff Schlupp. Demarai Gray constantly mocked despite pretty decent duty with us. 

Perez left without much of a whisper. A lovely Dan Amartey not a word. Mendy nothing. Evans barely a mention. Schmeichel zero send off (albeit for different reasons) 

You're bang on with both aspects. Maguire we made disgusting money from and didn't kick up a fuss. Same with Chilwell, who came through the academy but got treated like s*** and now people cry because of how he celebrated in the FA Cup Final. Mahrez is probs the only one where I understand some bad blood but I don't feel that way.

And we've been utter crap at sending players off or even an official statement. I understand this year why it's more muted but that did that with a guy like Knockaert who I'm pretty sure everyone loved to pieces. Not a word that he'd actually gone.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gevans_97 said:

There’s a longer one on his instagram, can’t fit it all in in the twitter character limit 

That's where I saw it originally. Nothing statement and pretty short considering all things.

I've tried to be pretty level headed about the blame around relegation, weighing up the fault of club, owners, manager, staff, players, fans, everything. But seeing 'you deserve this from' a local lad towards someone who has ran down their contract and moved to an 8th place Tottenham with no European football next year has completely pressed every single button imaginable.

Why does he deserve that? We'd be in no better position than Spurs going into next season had they bothered to give a ****. Unbelievably ignorant and unfortunately completely predictable of modern football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

You're bang on with both aspects. Maguire we made disgusting money from and didn't kick up a fuss. Same with Chilwell, who came through the academy but got treated like s*** and now people cry because of how he celebrated in the FA Cup Final. Mahrez is probs the only one where I understand some bad blood but I don't feel that way.

And we've been utter crap at sending players off or even an official statement. I understand this year why it's more muted but that did that with a guy like Knockaert who I'm pretty sure everyone loved to pieces. Not a word that he'd actually gone.

I seem to remember us celebrating in the FA cup final 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He did - Bournemouth Everton particularly bad. 

Brill, glad he had such a great game the day we went down! You probably stood and cheered and clapped the lads off after doucoure scored , proud of their efforts for the season

I left before the end. Did the same in the home game versus Liverpool. 

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I love Madders to bits. But also felt the post was a bit, well, vanilla. 

The trouble is, as always,  our supporters. He's been attacked online for a good three seasons now. All started with his rucksack and never ended from there. 

At some point, will our support ever query why other teams part on good terms with their players whereas we always have bad blood? Kante, Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire - all of them booed. Jeff Schlupp. Demarai Gray constantly mocked despite pretty decent duty with us. 

Perez left without much of a whisper. A lovely Dan Amartey not a word. Mendy nothing. Evans barely a mention. Schmeichel zero send off (albeit for different reasons) 

Tinpot mentality. A realisation I’ve had last season that there’s plenty about us as a club that comes across as tinpot. I don’t think we’ve always been that way but certainly fall into the category now. 

None of those players were wrong to leave us. I’d even add Fofana to that list. 

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Tinpot mentality. A realisation I’ve had last season that there’s plenty about us as a club that comes across as tinpot. I don’t think we’ve always been that way but certainly fall into the category now. 

None of those players were wrong to leave us. I’d even add Fofana to that list. 

We definitely have been nurturing this loser mentality for some time. 

Some of the stuff that's being said now absolutely confirms the 2nd rate club some of these players see us as. 

After yesterdays swooning by KDH yesterday I'd have him out of the door today. His fawning over Maddison's move to Spurs is totally unacceptable 

This club was banging on the door of the top 6 and comfortably competing with Spurs. A move to Spurs should not be seen as a dream move - incredibly small time mentality  

• Like 2

I think the claims he went missing are harsh. Tried to do too much, make it all about him and be the hero, yes maybe. 

He was let down by not having support from others and the defense conceding at least 2 goals a game. He's a good player, not top level I don't think, but a good player nonetheless.

Just dawned on me he will be playing against us in pre season. 

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...send it as a DM!!!

Impossible.

For modern footballers everything must be performative so that they can be told just how important, special, and meaningful they are.

Do you actually have an emotion if it isn't performed socially.

21 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Spurs think that he will feed the ball to Kane like he did for Vardy, but if Kane leaves Spurs they will be no better off.

Yes that was my thinking as well, can't see Kane moving away tbh regardless of the speculation in the press

15 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tonali holding with Maddison and Bruno having more licence to roam will have been the vision. Tonali isn't an alternative to Maddison, they were meant to play together, hence why you're now apparently targeting Szoboszlai.

That's not the case. Bruno pushing up actually limits his effectiveness. When he can drive into the half space from deeper, the opposition have already taken up defensive positions to handle the 8s, the wingers and forwards. When Bruno plays as an 8, he's one of the players marshalled by the opponent and can't dictate the play. 

You just watch, Tonali will play more as an 8, Bruno will play deeper. They'll swap positions, as Bruno does with Longstaff, but more often than not it'll be Tonali driving with the ball and Bruno staying deeper.

We're targeting Szoboszlai because he's an upgrade on Joelinton/Willock on that left side (and because he's an unbelievable talent). He can also play on the left instead of ASM.  

Not sorry to see him go. He is undoubtedly a good player who's creativity we will miss. I wouldn't say as some have that he disappeared last season in fact I'd say the opposite  in that he did or tried to do too much instead of just playing killer balls as we know he can do. 

Reason I don't mind him going is the attitude . The arguing with fans online  the comments "we're too good to go down" the commitment comments after the Fulham game.  

Keep that sh1t to yourself,  work hard as a team, get safe then come out with the " I knew we had too much to down" stuff when you have proved it. Unfortunately  I think that attitude  ran through  the majority of the squad not just him. But he does believe his own hype. 

18 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

Not sorry to see him go. He is undoubtedly a good player who's creativity we will miss. I wouldn't say as some have that he disappeared last season in fact I'd say the opposite  in that he did or tried to do too much instead of just playing killer balls as we know he can do. 

Reason I don't mind him going is the attitude . The arguing with fans online  the comments "we're too good to go down" the commitment comments after the Fulham game.  

Keep that sh1t to yourself,  work hard as a team, get safe then come out with the " I knew we had too much to down" stuff when you have proved it. Unfortunately  I think that attitude  ran through  the majority of the squad not just him. But he does believe his own hype. 

Have to disagree with the media stuff. Apart from the ‘we’ll be alright’ comment was a bit silly, although he was probably trying to spread confidence in the squad. 

I actually think he came across very well in the media, he didn’t say the textbook cliche lines that are taught. He spoke about issues and seemed to have a very good understanding of football in general rather than just his role. I think he’ll go on to manage. 

Totally agreed with the tried too hard comment though. You see it at amateur level when I used to play with players, if they don’t score in the first 15 minutes you might as well take them off because they’ll just do anything to get a goal and be useless because of it but if they score early they’ll get 4 and run the show. That’s the part of his game he needs to improve on, he puts too much pressure on himself to do it himself rather than just play his game if Spurs coach that out of him he will be a top drawer footballer and they may even come naturally when he has better players around him that he trusts 

Our best player for two seasons running then some fan’s message him to tell him to do one. He is too good for us and we need the money, sold now let’s move on. 

Happy he’s gone to spurs because he’ll win nothing just like Youri. l’d love to tell him what I thought of him that last 8 games but what’s the point do you really think he cares what Leicester fans think now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Have to disagree with the media stuff. Apart from the ‘we’ll be alright’ comment was a bit silly, although he was probably trying to spread confidence in the squad. 

I actually think he came across very well in the media, he didn’t say the textbook cliche lines that are taught. He spoke about issues and seemed to have a very good understanding of football in general rather than just his role. I think he’ll go on to manage. 

Totally agreed with the tried too hard comment though. You see it at amateur level when I used to play with players, if they don’t score in the first 15 minutes you might as well take them off because they’ll just do anything to get a goal and be useless because of it but if they score early they’ll get 4 and run the show. That’s the part of his game he needs to improve on, he puts too much pressure on himself to do it himself rather than just play his game if Spurs coach that out of him he will be a top drawer footballer and they may even come naturally when he has better players around him that he trusts 

Maybe I didn't put the media bit right. As a whole I agree he's done well in interviews. What I'm trying to say is at that time when we're struggling you put the proof in the pudding before you make rash statements like he did. Get us safe first and foremost then do the we have too much quality bit. I really do think the attitude  was they thought they were too good. We all know the outcome. This season we will need no egos but grafters and battlers first and foremost with the bit of quality to win games. That's why I'm not sad to see him go. Had we stayed up he would have been one of the first names on my team sheet. Especially  with the attitude change I expect maresca to bring.