Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

Maddison is not a Spurs fan , nor a Leicester fan.  He has never been a Norwich fan either. He is a professional footballer. Spurs are going to pay him a great deal of money over the next five years , a lot more than we can. If he is careful , he should be set up for life. Footballers who kiss badges always make me laugh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

We definitely have been nurturing this loser mentality for some time. 

Some of the stuff that's being said now absolutely confirms the 2nd rate club some of these players see us as. 

After yesterdays swooning by KDH yesterday I'd have him out of the door today. His fawning over Maddison's move to Spurs is totally unacceptable 

This club was banging on the door of the top 6 and comfortably competing with Spurs. A move to Spurs should not be seen as a dream move - incredibly small time mentality  

...there is no reason why that message could not have been sent privately, it did read as something a close friend would send!!!

Moving to Spurs with a £200k per week, bigger visibility (especially for England) and a  historically bigger club than ourselves makes what he has said to be valid.

Sometimes these players need to understand what is private and should be kept out of the public domain.

• Haha 1

Fighting Cock: very happy with the player, thrilled with the price paid.  Some compliments for Levy (!!)

Newcastle-Online:  Quick 180 into sniffy "we never wanted him" rationalization (who knew the Geordies could get sniffy?) with a heavy dose of salt.

Tells me what I need to know.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tinpot_fox said:

He just became Spurs most successful player?

i think ndombele returns from his napoli loan overnight. hence he is more successful than madders but your point is valid - madders has won more domestic honours than most of that squad.  its very standard for spurs players to win stuff elsewhere or after they've been sold. they have two world cup winners atm ??

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Maddison is not a Spurs fan , nor a Leicester fan.  He has never been a Norwich fan either. He is a professional footballer. Spurs are going to pay him a great deal of money over the next five years , a lot more than we can. If he is careful , he should be set up for life. Footballers who kiss badges always make me laugh.

Whilst I agree with you, ultimately he is a Coventry fan. But footballers do have soft spots for clubs and want them to do well. I believe that is the case for us and Norwich in Maddison’s mind.

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Whilst I agree with you, ultimately he is a Coventry fan. But footballers do have soft spots for clubs and want them to do well. I believe that is the case for us and Norwich in Maddison’s mind.

I think as a proper professional you want the team you play for ( whoever that might be at the time) to do well. I'm sure Maddison wanted that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think as a proper professional you want the team you play for ( whoever that might be at the time) to do well. I'm sure Maddison wanted that.

...pretty much stating the obvious!!!

Why would you wish anything but success, to the team you are playing for, unless your role is to sabotage their aspirations?

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...pretty much stating the obvious!!!

Why would you wish anything but success, to the team you are playing for, unless your role is to sabotage their aspirations?

I was trying to differentiate between a fan and a professional footballer , not necessarily the same thing. They usually have no emotional attachment to a club , just perhaps fond memories or not.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I was trying to differentiate between a fan and a professional footballer , not necessarily the same thing. They usually have no emotional attachment to a club , just perhaps fond memories or not.

Its no different to a fans affiliation for a player - I actually do not care one jot about him now as he has moved on and as you stated its a job and he had not affiliation to us particularly and sadly seemed quite focused on himself during his time here - he helped win a couple of trophies but his legacy will have been being part of a failure overall like Youri and others who showed a complete lack of character and substance.

Unlike the players in 15/16 who were possibly not as naturally talented a squad as the 20/21 squad but they had a resilience, will to win, team spirit and a pride in the shirt that was top drawer. Maybe on reflection.........the 15/16 was just miles better on all fronts :-) !!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

just saw this post… hmmmm Hungry?! 

given his comment about us not being hungry enough to win games and the drama that followed … was this a parting dig? or an admission he wasn’t hungry enough 

Don’t read into it. Let the poser pose. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

given his comment about us not being hungry enough to win games and the drama that followed … was this a parting dig? or an admission he wasn’t hungry enough 

Buzzwords, part of Brent's guidance. 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I very much doubt this is meant to be a parting dig, think you're reading way to much into a meaningless business/sporting buzzword.

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

I very much doubt this is meant to be a parting dig, think you're reading way to much into a meaningless business/sporting buzzword.

Yeah, probably fair. Just raised an eyebrow when I read it given his comments. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Buzzwords, part of Brent's guidance. 

probably bang on.  just him not thinking for himself and picking up the term from brodg.