Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

Ended more sourly than it ever needed to. Can't deny the talent, he was a big part of why we didn't have an even more shocking 2021/22.

Good player but can't help but feel this is the absolute natural fit of a move.

I think he genuinely loved being at LCFC.

Hadn't heard anything to hear otherwise.

He served the club very well, but can't help but think that his head was turned half-way through last season and it showed at times in some of his appearances.

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sensational player for us, not amused the latter part of last season but can still have the decency to acknowledge how brilliant he was for us. His long range shooting ability will never be bettered by anyone at this club in my lifetime.

All the best James, and thankful we got this deal sorted pretty quickly.

Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 9.19.43 PM.png

1 minute ago, VinceNoir said:

Really gutted to see him leave for a club like Spurs. It’s obviously a few steps up, but it wasn’t long ago I genuinely thought he had it in him to go to the very top. 

I’ve never understood the hate he gets on here, although I put a lot of it down to a couple of recent incidents which ultimately contributed in our relegation. And although I won’t blame him for the backpass and the penalty miss, the social media spat with Tanner was a pretty stupid and unnecessary thing to do and just put on display the complacency running through the entire club.

Over the course of the five years, though, he’s been an incredible servant to us and a great ambassador for the club. He always spoke highly of us and he seemed to develop a genuine affection for us.

He’s one of the few players I’ll take a genuine interest in after leaving us (the last was Mahrez) and even though a lot of people on here have a weird obsession with Spurs, I hope he has a solid career there. Good luck, Madders.

Its his own fault, could have given it a bit more and got a move to an Arsenal tier team but only has himself to blame for only getting a move to what will be a North London West Ham once Kane leaves.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sensational player for us, not amused the latter part of last season but can still have the decency to acknowledge how brilliant he was for us. His long range shooting ability will never be bettered by anyone at this club in my lifetime.

All the best James, and thankful we got this deal sorted pretty quickly.

I'd argue he wasn't even the best at this club during his time here, although he is superb from range.

Feel more sad than I thought seeing him go, going to miss him as he was a joy to watch. Loved his arrogance on the pitch, and in a world where footballers are bland and boring, he’s was interesting off it.

Such a shame the way it ended but it’s very rare that these things end well for all. Going to hate the next time he rocks up at the KP and gets boo’d though. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

Great player technically gifted and gave us some great memories BUT like Youri I just don't care. They were apart of the problem. They are apart of the reason we are where we are. So for that I honestly couldn't care less. 

I honestly think I will feel this about any of our squad from last year. 

They all will be first remembered for us getting relegated.

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 2

Great player during his time at the club, to pretend otherwise would be foolish.

He'd still very much outstayed his welcome by the end of last season. Regardless of our current situation, this is probably the best time to part ways.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

I’m not getting all bleary eyed over anyone that leaves after contributing to this mess, and he’s as culpable in the run in as any of them.

I’m more interested where this leaves us financially. With this fee, and all the wages already off the books, how much of the reduction in income for this coming season have we made up? And if we’ve made up a big chunk of it, would we be able to keep one or both of Barnes and Iheanacho?

• Like 3

Fantastic player for us. One of the best ever to wear the Leicester shirt without question. Don't know why so many need to play his time here down, regardless of the relegation.

Also don't really get the bitterness about him moving to Spurs? Much, much prefer to see him playing for Spurs than Newcastle and it's still a good move for him. I'll hope to see him do well.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His assist for Vardy against Everton this season was brilliant as well.

Loved his keepy-up goal vs Watford as well. Always thought that his best goal and one of the best ever Leicester goals, although his ManCity goal gets talked about more. 

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Knew it was coming but it's hit me a bit hard this. Sad to see him actually go. One of very few players from last season who will always get a great reception when he comes back. 

If i rewind to 2007 when i was watching players like Levi Porter and Danny Tiatto, i'd never believed we'd get to see players of Maddison's quality ever at Leicester. The amazing thing about how great we have been in the last 8 years is he probably isn't even in that top tier of Leicester legends. He isn't far off though. All he was really missing was a definitive moment. Still think it irks him a bit that he didn't start the FA Cup final.

Love his attitude and feel privileged to have seen him play for us. And thank you for that game against Forest. All the best Madders. 

I would like to agree, but I've seen our fans boo Kante, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell and they will no doubt boo Maddison too. Anyone who doesn't make a downwards move gets booed here, because football fans are weird and I'll never understand it. Yet our fans cheered Vicente Iborra despite him doing nothing of note for the club, for some reason.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Thanks Madders. Best number 10 we’ve ever had.

Is your significant other that ugly? Lol

On the real, a good player for us and there is no doubt we will miss his presence but we all knew it was over last month.

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m not getting all bleary eyed over anyone that leaves after contributing to this mess, and he’s as culpable in the run in as any of them.

I’m more interested where this leaves us financially. With this fee, and all the wages already off the books, how much of the reduction in income for this coming season have we made up? And if we’ve made up a big chunk of it, would we be able to keep one or both of Barnes and Iheanacho?

What about if vardy leaves this summer? 

10 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Knew it was coming but it's hit me a bit hard this. Sad to see him actually go. One of very few players from last season who will always get a great reception when he comes back. 

If i rewind to 2007 when i was watching players like Levi Porter and Danny Tiatto, i'd never believed we'd get to see players of Maddison's quality ever at Leicester. The amazing thing about how great we have been in the last 8 years is he probably isn't even in that top tier of Leicester legends. He isn't far off though. All he was really missing was a definitive moment. Still think it irks him a bit that he didn't start the FA Cup final.

Love his attitude and feel privileged to have seen him play for us. And thank you for that game against Forest. All the best Madders. 

Same tbh, feeling quite sad now seeing him in another shirt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Same tbh, feeling quite sad now seeing him in another shirt.

It's kind of like having a one night stand and seeing the woman wear your Fred Perry shirt in the morning as she scoffs a dominos. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Haha 1