Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Great player technically gifted and gave us some great memories BUT like Youri I just don't care. They were apart of the problem. They are apart of the reason we are where we are. So for that I honestly couldn't care less. 

I honestly think I will feel this about any of our squad from last year. 

They all will be first remembered for us getting relegated.

Nah. This is nothing new for anyone over a certain age, we've seen this before a couple of time when a side who had been great a couple of seasons prior gets stale and then goes down.

People said this about the Peter Taylor side too and players like Izzet, Elliott, Savage, Taggart, Sinclair and Flowers who were all said to be "too good to go down".

People also said the same about Frank McLintonck side and players like Keith Weller, Frank Worthington, Mark Wallington, Steve Whitworth, and Jon Sammels too throughout that season who were also supposedly "too good to go down"

It'll be raw for 3 or 4 years, but people forget about it in time, nowadays people forget that plenty of those all-time Leicester greats even got relegated and completely stunk the place out in those relegated sides too.

I get people are raw, but they absolutely won't be first and foremost remembered for us getting relegated in 20 or 30 years time at all. It's not how these things work. People romantacise players they saw as children and whatever level we were at when they were kids, so when that generation reaches their 20s and 30s, those players get put on a pedestal, because you don't really think about the crap games when you were 9 years old, you only really have memories of the big moments you saw when you were a kid such as FA Cup final and European nights and big wins. 

It's how these things work.

Edited by Sampson

Not that great a player for club honestly. N’Didi and Tielemans will leave at troughs in their careers for Leicester but far superior legacy at the club.

His list of misdemeanours is astonishingly long:

Lockdown Party which means we lose against West Ham and maybe on champions league football

The Bournemouth back pass

Taking the pen against Everton despite never been a decent penalty taker for the club. It wasn’t the miss itself rather the billy big bollocks attitude about it

That tweet

The Boohoo deal when playing for Leicester City given their treatment of factory workers

Should also be noted was never that good when we were challenging the top of the league. His best seasons for us were when the rest of the team were rubbish

Also had naff all to do with FA Cup final win

Also is a cov fan from Coventry 

• Like 2

I'm glad he went to Spurs and not Newcastle as it got very tiresome every tweet or mention he made be hijacked by the toon telling us how he would be going to them in the summer.🤣🤣 Best of luck to him great player on his day and deal done quick so we can all move on.

A unique player, one we've seen grow over the space of 5 seasons into an England player with prolific attributes in the Prem. It's sad that we won't see a player of his calibre play for us again for a while, but the way things have fallen apart these last couple of seasons you can only try to put it all behind us.

Cheers Madderz, hope your old man's knocking up a brand new YouTube video: Blue!

So effective we sold him for a loss, cost us £20 million in 2017 plus his wages. We might as well hold a car boot sale outside the ground to sell the rest of the squad every Sunday until the start of the season, no offer refused, buy two players and we'll throw in a third player free

He will be remembered by me, as a very good player on his day, but who didnt really leave much of an impression on our club, other than being part of a demotivated squad who in general didn't really seem to care, and that got us relegated, when it really should have finished mid table at worst.

I will remember him pre world cup though, when he was probably at his best for us, but then as someone who didn't perform after thr world cup, when we most  needed him too, and rightly or wrongly, it always felt like he was playing for himself, rather than for the good of the team.

It would be interesting 20 or 30 years down the line, to see how he is remembered.  I have a feeling, he will just be another name in the latest edition of the fossils and foxes of that time, and will be of little interest to the fans of that time, other than being part of the team photo of the team that ended the clubs golden years.

• Like 1