Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

10 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Notice there's no squad number shown in the presentation. Might take Kane's 10 if he goes.

:nigel:

If Kane goes and they're left with Maddison as their poster boy and he thought the scrutiny was tough (and couldn't deal with it) at little old Leicester

I'm here for it.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Leicester City in European Semi Final and their two best midfielders refuse to sign new contracts.

Fast forward two years and they've forced moves to mid table clubs.

I guess if they play well there for 2 years they may have a chance of the actual big move, who knows?

Did some great things for us but let's not forget he had a really long period where he was crap. Add to this the terrible corners, generally poor free kicks, constant rolling on the floor clutching his ankles everytime he was touched & sitting down with his arms in the air as the loose ball rolls past him. We won't miss him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Nah. This is nothing new for anyone over a certain age, we've seen this before a couple of time when a side who had been great a couple of seasons prior gets stale and then goes down.

People said this about the Peter Taylor side too and players like Izzet, Elliott, Savage, Taggart, Sinclair and Flowers who were all said to be "too good to go down".

People also said the same about Frank McLintonck side and players like Keith Weller, Frank Worthington, Mark Wallington, Steve Whitworth, and Jon Sammels too throughout that season who were also supposedly "too good to go down"

It'll be raw for 3 or 4 years, but people forget about it in time, nowadays people forget that plenty of those all-time Leicester greats even got relegated and completely stunk the place out in those relegated sides too.

I get people are raw, but they absolutely won't be first and foremost remembered for us getting relegated in 20 or 30 years time at all. It's not how these things work. People romantacise players they saw as children and whatever level we were at when they were kids, so when that generation reaches their 20s and 30s, those players get put on a pedestal, because you don't really think about the crap games when you were 9 years old, you only really have memories of the big moments you saw when you were a kid such as FA Cup final and European nights and big wins. 

It's how these things work.

I see where you're coming from but the ones mentioned back then hadn't recently been o

In FA cup finals, top 5 premier finishes and decent runs in Europe. 

This squad didn't care like the others did. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He barely got a game last season, and looked a bit lively when he got in the side towards the end. Plus he contributed a hell of a lot more than Maddison did.

I would suggest your memory is playing tricks on you, Jamie vardy got a goal or assist every 265 minutes last season, Maddison every 130.

• Like 1

Great player - the stats of goal contributions speak for themselves, and he has grown both a player and in maturity during his time here - leaves an England player and a Dad.

At times this year he was having to try too hard to do it all himself - it didn't always work, but he was the one asking for the ball & driving forwards.

I don't get all the hate and abuse on here.

£40m is ridiculously low for a player of his caliber - when the price of barely Premier League players is £30m (Daka, Soumare).

But he was not going to stay with us in the Championships - so I'd swap £10m of fee to have this transfer done at the start of the window so we can reinvest and to have the wages off the books: and a sign we are facing into the reality of our current position.

Edited by Golden Fox
  • Like 3

No ill will from me. He was the least of our problems last season, can only

do so much as an attacking player when the players behind you are either past it, barely fit, or nowhere near premier league quality to begin with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Thank you madders for the great memories. He was one part of the greatest midfield trio we have ever had 🏆🏆🏆

The greatest midfield trio we've ever had??.. 

Pray tell me who were the other two? 

Tielemans and Ndidi??? 

• Like 1

I might look back on him more fondly with time but he has always been a difficult player to consistently like. Remember that this is the man who jeopardised our chances of getting top 4 by having a stupid party with some other idiots at the club.

He's clearly an intelligent man and has had many good performances for us, but it's not devastating to see him go.

• Like 3

So talented. Sad to see him go, but also expected. Feel Spurs got them selves a bargain there, but his nagging injuries and the way he handled our relegation run-in, maybe is not that big a bargain after all.

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I see where you're coming from but the ones mentioned back then hadn't recently been o

In FA cup finals, top 5 premier finishes and decent runs in Europe. 

This squad didn't care like the others did. 

That's absolutely not true though. . I remember Frank Worthington especially getting accused of being a useless, lazy so and so who didn't care by plenty of fans in his last season or two. Same with Matt Elliott under Taylor and Bassett as well being called an over the hill player who is just sitting on money and not letting us get rid at the time.

And those sides had recently finished 7th and 8th and got to League Cup finals though and are regarded as part of great Leicester sides from a season or two before, so it absolutely was similar.

Again, people forget these things with time, because people romanticise the players from when they were children and the people who talk about them are not the people on this forum now, but people who are children or teenagers now.

You only have to look at some of those posters' here who were children in the MON years romanticise Heskey for example as this superstar, big powerful, strong player who tore teams apart. When in reality, he was always a really inconsistent and streaky player who also dived and fell over all the time and was probably the most frustrating player ever for going down easily against much smaller players considering his frame, but people remember his powerful goals and runs against Arsenal, Southampton and  Coventry, which in reality were just 2 or 3 big moments over a very inconsistent and streaky 4 or 5 seasons here.

These players won't be remembered as the players who got us relegated first and foremost. Especially if we come back up within a season or two. They'll ultimately be remembered as the FA Cup winning side when the rawness goes away in a few years

Edited by Sampson

Gave us some good moments and helped us win the FA Cup. I hope he’s received well if he ever returns to the KP.

None of this “good luck” business though. He’s not an LCFC player anymore so I don’t care and I’m certainly not bothered about the future success of Spurs 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Leicester City in European Semi Final and their two best midfielders refuse to sign new contracts.

Fast forward two years and they've forced moves to mid table clubs.

Maddisons got serious injury issues and Youri's legs have gone, I'm certain we've seen the best of both.

Good luck to him. A player i never took to originally for how cocky he came across but think hes matured massively the last year or so since having a kid. Had a lot of hot and cold spells but overall a very good player for us. Shame he hasnt gone to a more prestigious club then Spurs but is what it is. Certainly get a good reception from me if/when he plays at the KP

Can’t say I’m that bothered tbh, he’s better than the championship and we all knew it was coming. Unreal at times for us, scored some belters but also poor for long periods and went missing in big games. He suits spurs down to a tee, big bottle jobs and mentally weak

• Like 2