Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

The really big problem I see for James at spurs is that being surrounded by like minded enablers he’s undoubtedly going to damage those very delicate hips on all of his fancy new ladies bags he likes sporting. Joking aside, you’ll never win a trophy again, which is sad. 

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Good business for Spurs, a requirement for us, I’m just genuinely interested how many of you fickle ****ers will carry on crowing on about him not being in the England squad tbh. 

No need to worry about that. Southgate loves a Spurs player. 

• Like 4

Good luck to him , was the only bright spark at times when playing  some very turgid football . His stats over 5 years don’t lie and I’ll miss some of his brilliance. Yes he had his  faults at times but that’s why he was with us and not a one of the big boy clubs. Far too good to be in the championship if we’re all honest best for all parties .

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I might look back on him more fondly with time but he has always been a difficult player to consistently like. Remember that this is the man who jeopardised our chances of getting top 4 by having a stupid party with some other idiots at the club.

He's clearly an intelligent man and has had many good performances for us, but it's not devastating to see him go.

True he's had a few downs at Leicester but they are easily surpassed by the ups. 

Ridiculously low price for the kind of output he offers but that's our fault for getting relegated. Massively underwhelming move for Maddison personally of course; sure he wanted a move to one of the really big clubs but living in London will suit his playboy lifestyle.

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Couldn’t think of a more spurs like player. A real personality, technically gifted and an absolute bottler when it really matters. Not just that penalty but for pushes for top 4, European semi-finals and relegation scraps. 

All in all he was a good player for us who was enjoyable to watch. But a player of his supposed quality should have steered us well clear of relegation, instead he gifted Bournemouth a goal and missed a penalty in the biggest moment of his career so far. 

And he falls over as easy as both Kane and Richarlison.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eblair said:

Not that great a player for club honestly. N’Didi and Tielemans will leave at troughs in their careers for Leicester but far superior legacy at the club.

His list of misdemeanours is astonishingly long:

Lockdown Party which means we lose against West Ham and maybe on champions league football

The Bournemouth back pass

Taking the pen against Everton despite never been a decent penalty taker for the club. It wasn’t the miss itself rather the billy big bollocks attitude about it

That tweet

The Boohoo deal when playing for Leicester City given their treatment of factory workers

Should also be noted was never that good when we were challenging the top of the league. His best seasons for us were when the rest of the team were rubbish

Also had naff all to do with FA Cup final win

Also is a cov fan from Coventry 

What legacy does Ndidi have? Hes been absolutley gash for years and contributed nothing in the FA Cup final 🤣. Whatever helps you sleep at night

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Ridiculously low price for the kind of output he offers but that's our fault for getting relegated. Massively underwhelming move for Maddison personally of course; sure he wanted a move to one of the really big clubs but living in London will suit his playboy lifestyle.

Yep, and although you get relegated over a 38 game season it`s ironically his penalty miss against Everton that was one of the pivotal moments :-(

He stayed with us longer than I thought he would, always spoke positively about the club, and with the exception of the Covid party incident, represented us well. We don’t know the ins and outs of his injury, but what sticks out for me was him risking playing when he was injured pre World Cup against West Ham (and scoring of course). 

I look forward to watching him in a few years time as a pundit and knowing that he was one of ours. 

all the best Madders (but why Spurs?!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I really don't understand the logic of hoping a Spurs player does well (and thus Spurs) just because he played for us?

Me either?! He's gone he can **** off! I don't get this 'good luck' bullshit. I couldn't care less and I hope he loses in any games we play against him. 

On a side note he wasn't winning shit wherever he went unless City or Arse came in. Those Saudi Barcode Money bags ain't winning shit either.