Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Always like Maddison. Wish him the best. Moments of brilliance. Contributed well over 5 years with usual spots of inconsistency. 

He came in after we sold Mahrez and by no means am I saying he was at Mahrez level but did in his own way replace that x-factor. 

I think if the club showed slightly more ambition last summer, he perhaps doesn’t leave for the value he did. 

Alongside Soyuncu, the second one that leaves that hurts. Big loss for us. All the best. I hope in two or three years you do get the big move. 

Yeah, it hurts but we had our money's worth, and sold for more than we paid.

So a good bit of business for all.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Terrible punishment... 200k a week 😂

Grealish - to whom he has so often been compared - helped keep Villa up, went to Man City and won the Treble.

Maddison was relegated and has joined the trophy free zone that is Tottenham Hotspur.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any significance in this being rushed through before 1st July? I seem to recall we extended our accounting period for 2022/23 from end of May to end of June. 

Perhaps 

FFP is over several years - you’d think our 2022/23 numbers are likely to be not awful with fofana’s fee income. Still likely to be a loss but with madders £35m on the books, we may get close to breaking even 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

He doesn't have that elite mentality and whilst he's been a great player for us, he's never done it when it matters. Mahrez, Vardy, Kante all performed when there was something on the line. 

In a nutshell

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Don't get all the negativity around Maddison. Clearly loves football, has contributed significantly for us over his time here and sold for double what we paid.

Working in London if I saw him in the street I would say thank you Madders I wish you nothing but the best. Doubt we will see anyone better over a free kick within 25 yards unless Ward Prowse is his replacement

Plus he always acknowledged the support of the fans

If I saw him in the street I'd say.. 

Madders!!!.......

I admire your ability to spend 5k on a see through plastic backpack and your amazing skill of falling over 20 times in a game!!... But!.... If you should join a bottling club of tossers who can't even win a raffle I'd say Madders!! Nooo!!!.. And give him a good slap. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Yes, been mentioned about Chelsea too. Plus I think they want as many out before pre-season starts on Monday.

This is a massive point.

As many bad eggs and bad attitudes away from returning to pre season as possible!

Off topic but what’s going on with Evans - is he still mulling over the contract offer? Where’s that leave him ahead of Monday? Hopefully he’s rejected it/we’ve withdrawn it (unlikely).

• Like 4

Guest glasgowfox

Good luck to him....met him a few times and found him a very genuine and nice young man.  Don't care where he ended up tbh.  Too good for the championship and why can you knock him for moving, making his future more prosperous and greater chance of being an international.  Yes if we held out for another 4 weeks or so we would have got more, then totally reduced time to spend the funds.  Loved for him to have stayed but that would never have happened.  Feel the new manager is looking to get rid of as much of the want aways as early as possible as there is little value in him trying to impose his way of playing with players that probably won't be here.  Same for Barnes, again met him and a lovely young man, but if he does not want to be here the sell him ASAP so we can use the funds ASAP.  Thank you James and also Barnes if and when he goes....just imo fellow foxes.

Good Luck to the guy he always came across as loving Leicester now his move to the spuds on the cheap, Well he won’t be winning any silverware anytime soon with that bunch of serial bottlers, I wonder if they bypassed the Trophy  cabinet when giving Madders the tour of the spuds Stadium just in case he changed his mind seeing an empty cabinet !

🤔

Edited by justfoxes

Great player to have when the going is good. Not so much when you're struggling.

Goes down as one of the most talented players to wear the shirt, and he's done plenty in his time with us to go down as a success. 

All that being said, he was part of the problem. I don't like the attitude, I don't like the apparent complacency, and I don't like the rumoured clique he was the ring leader of. 

Always hard to see your best players leave, but this kind of move is step one on our road to recovery.

Few quid in the bank and all tied up early, too.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

I think if he waited a few more weeks he probably could have got a better move than spurs but it’s done now. Hope Kane leaves spurs for Bayern they are shite with him be even worse with out him 

Think this move tells us that Kane will be staying 

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s hard to be mad, he’s a likeable lad. He’s a quality player on his day, but you do have to wonder why Spurs were able to sign him with little opposition….. hopefully his injury doesn’t hold him back. Best of luck.  

See maybe I'm an old bore but I found him quite dislikeable.

Clearly smart guy, but the whole on camera persona felt too try hard.

Very good player but as someone said he will be remembered for a relegation - Youri won us the cup so thats the difference there.

Tottenham have had our pants down with the fee for me though - I thought at least £50m but I guess Newcastle losing interest stopped a bidding war

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

See maybe I'm an old bore but I found him quite dislikeable.

Clearly smart guy, but the whole on camera persona felt too try hard.

Very good player but as someone said he will be remembered for a relegation - Youri won us the cup so thats the difference there.

Tottenham have had our pants down with the fee for me though - I thought at least £50m but I guess Newcastle losing interest stopped a bidding war

You’ve got to wonder why no one else came in for him? 

My mate (spursy) thinks it’s his injury…. Apparently they’re all remaining reserved about him, as they’re concerned about his hip as he seems to have a fair few “sick” days. But I am surprised a few more teams didn’t at least go for him, spurs picked him up without a challenge, perhaps a half arsed effort from Newcastle.

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is a massive point.

As many bad eggs and bad attitudes away from returning to pre season as possible!

Off topic but what’s going on with Evans - is he still mulling over the contract offer? Where’s that leave him ahead of Monday? Hopefully he’s rejected it/we’ve withdrawn it (unlikely).

Fuching Amen to this

• Like 2

Ah, so when he said "We'll be fine" he meant just himself and the rest of the players. Much like Youri, has ran his contract down but ended up with about the least palatable "glamour" transfer they could have hoped for. At least with Mahrez and Kante, they ended up winning trophies when they scarpered, so you could see they made an excellent career move as well as grabbing that filthy big 6 cash payday. All this move does for him is gurantee him an England callup forever, plus give him a guaranteed job as a BBC or BT sport pundit post retirement, when they see that Spurs line on his CV and add him to the rest of their Spud collection (Jenas, Lineker, Murphy, Crouch, Crooks, Hoddle etc)

Fantastic player with magic in his feet on his day, just was not happening often enough when the chips were down, his stock has fallen from grace in dramatic style, and although I think he's a £40-50m player, on his day in the current market he's worth much more than that. Best of luck James.