Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AllGoneTitsSchlupp

James Maddison completes move to Spurs

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

No one is crying.

I'm exactly like this. I just haven't got a jot of emotion about the likes of him and Tielemans going. Doesn't help that it was so drawn out and ended so sourly. I've just wanted to move on a while. This to me feels like the divorce becoming official.

52 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If I saw him in the street I'd say.. 

Madders!!!.......

I admire your ability to spend 5k on a see through plastic backpack and your amazing skill of falling over 20 times in a game!!... But!.... If you should join a bottling club of tossers who can't even win a raffle I'd say Madders!! Nooo!!!.. And give him a good slap. 

You sir are a tw~t. He's been great for us, played well during our relegation battle, tried too hard in the end and leaves with us £25m better off. He needs premier league football to play for England but mistakenly thinks spurs will give him trophies.

• Haha 3

Throughout his time here he was a great player. Performed consistently overall, scored some great goals against some big teams, was our main creative player with Tielemans for a good 4/5 years.. I wish him well. Always spoke well of the club and was honest in interviews. Without him this season would've been even more embarrassing, yeah he let us down in the last few games. Don't hold him to that though. To be honest hope he breaks the totteringham curse. 

• Like 1

Thank you James, you gave your best for the club, even when it was like running through treacle this second half of the season.  And that best was some of the finest football the club has ever seen.  Top quality player, and while not moving to a top tier club I am pleased he didn't go to Newcastle.  I almost wish him success with Spurs, but will limit that to wishing him success with England.

4 hours ago, eblair said:

Not that great a player for club honestly. N’Didi and Tielemans will leave at troughs in their careers for Leicester but far superior legacy at the club.

His list of misdemeanours is astonishingly long:

Lockdown Party which means we lose against West Ham and maybe on champions league football

The Bournemouth back pass

Taking the pen against Everton despite never been a decent penalty taker for the club. It wasn’t the miss itself rather the billy big bollocks attitude about it

That tweet

The Boohoo deal when playing for Leicester City given their treatment of factory workers

Should also be noted was never that good when we were challenging the top of the league. His best seasons for us were when the rest of the team were rubbish

Also had naff all to do with FA Cup final win

Also is a cov fan from Coventry 

Twitter spat with Tanner.

On the piss in Turkey Cafe every 3 weeks as well :whistle:

Good player but the past 12 months have really left a sour taste. Glad we've got another one off the books, still a few more to go.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

From the 1st time I seen Maddison play with Norwich I wanted him at Leicester , was over the moon when we got him , as the years went by he stop doing what he was really good at , and that was taking players on and running with the ball , I wonder if that was coached out of him or he just changed. Will always be a favourite of mind , hope u don’t end up like drinkwater , all the very best 

We had some good times and we had some bad times with Madders.

He took some good set pieces and some awful corners.

He had his injury problems, overcame them, had a good run of form pre-world cup. I would have liked a bit more out of him in the relegation run-in but couldn't change the games when it mattered.

Can he improve himself and make an impact at Spurs? Not sure. I hope not.

I'm just glad the deal is done early on, take the money and move on. We've got a Championship title to win.

Bye👋 

8 hours ago, southfox66 said:

So effective we sold him for a loss, cost us £20 million in 2017 plus his wages. We might as well hold a car boot sale outside the ground to sell the rest of the squad every Sunday until the start of the season, no offer refused, buy two players and we'll throw in a third player free

Literally no player has ever been sold for a profit though if you're throwing wages into the calculation...

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Literally no player has ever been sold for a profit though if you're throwing wages into the calculation...

Apart from Mahrez, Maguire, Drinkwater, Kante, Chilwell….

Funny how top 6 fans now unanimously agree that Maddison is better than Mount. We knew he was years ago. Aesthetically and statistically Maddison is better than Mount and next season they'll find out.

• Like 1

He was good, but some people are talking like he is in the Vardy/ Mahrez GOAT category.

Most of last season he showed he couldnt give a flying feck and that Everton penalty  miss summed up his arrogance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1