Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

James Justin

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Big big fan of JJ but he looks just about our weakest link ATM. 

He's more of a physical presence than Ricardo and is quicker. But not convinced. And I say that as someone who rates him. 

Both full backs positioning when teams attack is poor. The wingers had so much space each time. We need to improve our awareness in wide areas otherwise better teams will expose us. 

JJ and VK haven't been great. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Five of the seven goals conceded from crosses or attacks on his flank. Not necessarily all down to him but clearly a problem. 

Tottenham - Maddison cross 

Fulham - two goals in his space 

Villa - cross into Duran 

Palace - cross into Mateta 

was going to say that too

If Cooper has anything about him Ricky P will be starting next game, but he wont be tho lets face it, Cooper has favourites already

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

For everyone saying Riccy right back and moving JJ to left back and dropping VK, JJ is the problem! Simple, drop JJ, Riccy in and keep VK at left back.

A shadow of the player he was. 

Has been since his injury, very poor at defending , needs replacing

• Like 1

I feel a bit sorry for Justin as it seems to me that he is being criticised for fulfilling the role that Cooper has given him.

I'm not a football hipster, so correct me if I'm wrong, but in possession, Cooper asks Justin to sit in with the two centre halves to form a three.  For that reason, he is likely preferred to Ricardo.  Then he gets criticised for not coming forward and also criticised for being to narrow.

Meanwhile, with Justin sitting, Kristiansen is given licence to push forward and join the attack with the left winger drifting in field.

I don't really understand why we don't allow either full back to push forward, depending on which flank we are attacking, while the other one sits.  I would then play Ricardo as rb and Justin lb.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I feel a bit sorry for Justin as it seems to me that he is being criticised for fulfilling the role that Cooper has given him.

I'm not a football hipster, so correct me if I'm wrong, but in possession, Cooper asks Justin to sit in with the two centre halves to form a three.  For that reason, he is likely preferred to Ricardo.  Then he gets criticised for not coming forward and also criticised for being to narrow.

Meanwhile, with Justin sitting, Kristiansen is given licence to push forward and join the attack with the left winger drifting in field.

I don't really understand why we don't allow either full back to push forward, depending on which flank we are attacking, while the other one sits.  I would then play Ricardo as rb and Justin lb.  

I  thought yesterday the were taking it in turn, there were plenty of times VK was positioned as the LCB with JJ going forward.

• Like 1