Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mike Stowell, Adam Sadler, and Lars Knudsen are leaving

23 hours ago, Ricey said:

Just can not forgive them for those team selections and tactics against Villa and Bournemouth.

Obviously those two matches weren’t the reason that we were relegated but it was a huge missed opportunity that was ruined by legitimately the two worst managerial performances I think I’ve ever witnessed.

They should never have been in that position, they aren't and didn't choose to be managers. They could have picked a different team and we still might have lost, we'll never know. Whether you think their time was up or not Stowell especially has been at this club for years through a lot of bad times as well as good and Schmeichel's words emphasise how much he was appreciated. People like that are part of the ID of the club, the ones who do the minor stuff behind the scenes so that the main coaches and leaders have an easier job. New brooms etc going forward but lets not wipe away a decade or more of dedication because we were shite against Bournemouth.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Vazman said:

In the context of my response it made perfect sense, but your very simple anology, is quite correct, so well done, if only a place was available on the Egg Heads team, you would surely secure a spot.

Errrm, at the risk of costing my Eggheads team place: It’s not an anology, it was me pointing out the non-sensical nature of your post.

I’d rather be a Chaser than an Egghead if you have any influence in that area.

On 01/07/2023 at 08:11, sacreblueits442 said:

...or just repeating the previous folly of giving a manager full control of the clubs processes!!!

With the people we have at this club, there is no-one capable of taking is to the next level in respect of structure and an identity. We gave that remit to Rodgers and he broke the club over a short period of time.

We appear to be doing the same again, but this time trust that the new manager has the will and integrity to make it work. 

Would like to have a resident coach in the club for continuity, it feels like all eggs are going into the same basket.

Yes, Continuity is always good if you have the personnel in place. Like Paisley and Fagan at liverpool.

Sadly we don't seem to have anyone of that calibre at the club and certainly not with the Football experience.

We have a couple of issues as I see it. We need to get back to the structure NP put in place. Obviously with new personnel.

We need someone to take the Football Team forward with the task assigned to Enzo.

The problem we have, It's the same people running the Club. Top, Susan, Rudkin. They surely must have learnt something from our collapse. The most pressing issue is the 1st Team Management and I personnally think they've made an excellent choice.

While he may lack management experience he's seems an excellent Defensive Coach and has worked with Pep. That must be worth a few points alone but only time will tell.

I think Top has been both Clever and Brave in his appointment of Enzo and avoiding the obvious local candidates.

Success in football is generally down to the vision of one man and how he drives the club forward. He can't do it alone and so this is where Rudkin gets a second chance to prove himself.

As Dof it's his job to put the infrastructure in place to support the manager and the players. That's the Medical Dept, Coaching,  Recruitment etc.Enzo will bring in his own Coaches but Rudkin needs to find quality Coaches to lead the Accademy.

We also need to be smarter with signings and Contracts. The average salary in the Championship is 10 k. We need to stick close to that unless signing someone special until we 're back in the premiership. This is down to Susan and Rudkin. 

They're both going to be very busy over the Coming Months while Enzo rebuilds the Team and squad.

Fans need to be patient with results, while he learns about what he has here already. Then integrate new players into the Team and build a system that suits those players. Though that comes from his beliefs as to how the game is played.

I expect us to concede less Goals once he gets his Italian defensive knowledge into the players. Along with his Man City methods.

I think he may well prove an inspired choice as Manager, But I also agree the Club should be building a group of Coaches learning closely his methods so as we have someone to fill that space if necessary foing forward.

We now just have to wait and support the club going forward as it's an exciting time to watch it all unfold. We may have a slow start while he gets the team sorted but I expect us to make the playoff at least.

Onwards and Upwards we go again.

19 hours ago, iancognito said:

They should never have been in that position, they aren't and didn't choose to be managers. They could have picked a different team and we still might have lost, we'll never know. Whether you think their time was up or not Stowell especially has been at this club for years through a lot of bad times as well as good and Schmeichel's words emphasise how much he was appreciated. People like that are part of the ID of the club, the ones who do the minor stuff behind the scenes so that the main coaches and leaders have an easier job. New brooms etc going forward but lets not wipe away a decade or more of dedication because we were shite against Bournemouth.

I agree with Stowell. He is also a goalkeeping coach so I would put it that it was more Sadler who made the overall team tactics for those two horrible games.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hejammy said:

The fact that he used "was" right about Leicester says a lot.... 

Screenshot_20230701_225344_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a12b612bfda1e260d25702ed09885241.jpg

Says a lot really.

I totally get people being behind the idea of gutting the non playing staff but I think people like Stowell and Sadler (even though that sounds like a bad double act!) are crucially important in a club. They offer you stability, a link to the players and I doubt they have too much influence on proceedings. Every organisation needs people like that. The caretaker period was a mess because Rodgers was so ideology orientated, that picking that apart was going to be nigh on impossible in 10 games, let alone 2. That failing was of the senior leadership team, not the managers by not getting somebody in place.

Rudkin going was what we all wanted to see really.

On 30/06/2023 at 17:21, Ric Flair said:

We now have no club employed 1st team coaches left, so should Enzo move on then we'd have no staff again. Unusual. It will be interesting to see what staff come in in the next few weeks.

The players might have to train themselves next week 😂😂

When you look at it like that, have things just got better or worse.

Are we sleepwalking into oblivion?

Seems like we are stuck with this new lot even if relegated again.

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

When you look at it like that, have things just got better or worse.

Are we sleepwalking into oblivion?

Seems like we are stuck with this new lot even if relegated again.

It is concerning. Maybe the U18 coach would step up, I'd not want Petty anywhere near our 1st team if we need a caretaker again any time soon!!!

In fact, Rudkin would probably do it 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/set-piece-coach-opens-up-8600105

Knudsen, who also worked with the US national team as set-piece coach and who went to the World Cup in Qatar, was understanding of City’s decision and does not hold any grudges. He could not be more positive about his experience at the club.

He told bold.dk: “It is sometimes the case at that level that when you choose to change the head coach, there is also a change in the staff. That is what has happened in this case.

“The staff that were there before have been released, as the new head coach has brought his entire staff with him. That's really just what it was all about. I fully accept that. There are no bad feelings at all.

“I have been incredibly happy to be in Leicester. It's a really good club with some really good people, both players and coaches.

“Being in the Premier League is just something special, so it has been a good experience in every way, and I only have positive things to say about it. I have been happy with the time I had at the club and wish them only the best going forward.”

If we are the pits at set pieces again then Maresca has blood on his hands. Poor Lars.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/set-piece-coach-opens-up-8600105

Knudsen, who also worked with the US national team as set-piece coach and who went to the World Cup in Qatar, was understanding of City’s decision and does not hold any grudges.

He told bold.dk: “It is sometimes the case at that level that when you choose to change the head coach, there is also a change in the staff. That is what has happened in this case.

“The staff that were there before have been released, as the new head coach has brought his entire staff with him. That's really just what it was all about. I fully accept that. There are no bad feelings at all.

“I have been incredibly happy to be in Leicester. It's a really good club with some really good people, both players and coaches.

“Being in the Premier League is just something special, so it has been a good experience in every way, and I only have positive things to say about it. I have been happy with the time I had at the club and wish them only the best going forward.”

I find some of those departing comments a bit odd personally. 

I can understand when departing you don't want to burn bridges and saying anything overly negative but ultimately we were relegated so there must have been serious fundamental issues throughout the club.

Take "He could not be more positive about his experience at the club." What an odd thing to say after being a part of relegation. 

He's talking like he's left at the end of 2015/1016 season!

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I find some of those departing comments a bit odd personally. 

I can understand when departing you don't want to burn bridges and saying anything overly negative but ultimately we were relegated so there must have been serious fundamental issues throughout the club.

Take "He could not be more positive about his experience at the club." What an odd thing to say after being a part of relegation. 

He's talking like he's left at the end of 2015/1016 season!

I guess his own personal remit was to help with Set Pieces. 
Did we improve from that hideous record, yes. Was it all down to him?

We won’t know as we had a different GK that was better at high claims 

Ward with 20, 5 more than Kasper in 12 less games.

Iversen with 16  in 12 games.

21 more high claims than the previous season 

52 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Tbh I don’t think there was any real improvement with him being here. There was a couple of games early on when we looked better defending set pieces then  it just all went to pot again . 

I mean the stats show there was significant improvement, what was disappointing was we barely improved at attacking set pieces. 

• Like 4

whomever is in charge of set pieces now can we finally stop having all 11 back for a corner it just means you can't clear the ball and relieve pressure properly 2 or 3 players should be outside the box preferably 3 on the half way line stretched across the pitch meaning they will need to leave 4 back making it easier to defend the corner in the first place.

Last season our players seemed to be getting in each others way

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I mean the stats show there was significant improvement, what was disappointing was we barely improved at attacking set pieces. 

There’s a great Training Ground Guru podcast by a former Arsenal set piece coach and he says defending is always the first priority

• 2 weeks later...

That is horrendous.

https://theathletic.com/4706196/2023/07/25/leicester-coach-mike-stowell/?source=emp_shared_article

Rodgers and his staff sat down to discuss the rest of the season at their Abu Dhabi training camp in November and there wasn’t any fear of relegation. They had climbed to 13th and were looking up the table, not down.

“We were talking about making the top eight. I’m still scratching my head about how we didn’t stay in the league. I didn’t see it coming at all until Brendan went and I’m thinking ‘We are running out of games here and nothing is changing’.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2