Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mike Stowell, Adam Sadler, and Lars Knudsen are leaving

45 minutes ago, Daggers said:

So, Rudkin held a meeting and concluded someone had to go…just not him.

Whilst I very much doubt he will ever go, I would make the argument that this summer specifically, there is so much to do that we couldn't get rid of him. If a new DOF started on the last day of the season, they would be totally overwhelmed at a time when we need to move fast. Southampton wanted to appoint Maresca, who knows who else was after Coady and Winks. It might have taken 6 months just to find an outstanding DOF candidate yet alone get them to start.

But for sure after the mess we got ourselves into, he should be moved on or given less day-to-day responsibility.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We now have no club employed 1st team coaches left, so should Enzo move on then we'd have no staff again. Unusual. It will be interesting to see what staff come in in the next few weeks.

The players might have to train themselves next week 😂😂

I'm guessing this means we have staff to move in straight the way, there will be a few announcements in the next few days new players new staff, new beginnings.

32 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Big respect to Stowelly, been here yonks and I don't care if people pick holes in the keepers we've had over the years and blame him - he's just as responsible for Kasper Schmeichel blooming into one of the best keepers in the world.

He's never claimed to be a manager, the other times he deputised in others failings we won more than we lost.

This should at least mean Maresca is bringing a pack of coaches in imminently. If that fails all continuity and all identity will be gone, aswell as the squad death we've seen play out over the last 2 seasons. Critical time for the future of LCFC.

...I wonder if Maresca finds it difficult to bring in his full complement of staff, we decide to bring in Shakey to help fill a role!!!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Yeah so he brings his own guys in, let's hope he's a success because if he isn't we'll be looking at a full set of coaches again, admittedly if that is the case it won't be our only problem.

We've got one hell of a lot of recruiting to do in the next few weeks. :o

Can we hope that recruiting is already complete? They must be at least confident of new staff given they have released the existing incumbents. 

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

It's little things like this that make me believe that relegation was a necessary evil.

Of course I'd rather be in the Premier League, but I am genuinely excited by the clubs need to rebuild.

I'm with you in the need for a refresh. And relegation makes that non negotiable.

But potentially Maresca coming in and all the necessary changes being made could've happened even if we'd avoided relegation.

• Like 1

Stowel, League one, championship, premier league, FA Cup and charity shield. Not a bad haul for a coach. I'm sorry he's leaving, maybe he hasn't been up to the job recently but he still has my respect. The other 2 I barely know so not to fussed! 

• Like 2