Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mike Stowell, Adam Sadler, and Lars Knudsen are leaving

Thanks are due to Stowell for stepping in over the years - this mess of an interim aside, he's always been a steady pair of hands as a caretaker. Fond memories of the Powell and Stowell combo we briefly had.

He also coached Kasper f**king Schmeichel, the greatest goalie we've ever had. Never did teach him how to distribute, but otherwise must have had some impact on him.

He leaves with my best wishes, the other two, meh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Levi Port said:

Why are so many people celebrating Stowell’s departure ? Been an ever present during our success and so many who have been and gone speak highly of him. You can’t put Wards lack of talent on him. Nor our inability to replace Kasper who was majestic under Stowell bar his final season.  Doesn’t sit well with me personally, I can’t help feeling it’s a mistake, he’s part of the club. But if someone can’t explain why it’s a good decision I will listen. 

Blame Danny Ward.....he's made the coaches look worse 

• Like 1

It might not be as revolutionary as some think. Knudsen was deffo on a consulting contract. Possible the Stowell and Sadler were out of contract. 

Let’s hope petty is going too! 

1 hour ago, Levi Port said:

Why are so many people celebrating Stowell’s departure ? 

Because if you’ve been goalkeeper coach since 2005, had the same first team keeper for how many years? . Yet when that keeper is suddenly no longer available and despite having a fleet of keepers contracted to the club, you end up picking the wrong one to replace the departing veteran - you’ve either demonstrated having no judgement or one that is too little respected. For years you’ve had to do very little to earn your money and then when your expertise is most needed it’s found wanting. Let’s stop tolerating “good chap” mediocrities..

• Like 1

Don't know a great deal about Knudsen.

Sadler has clearly done a great job during his time at LCFC, and I have been critical of Stowell in the past as I personally don't rate him as a Goalkeeping coach, but length of service shows he's clearly a good influence in training and in the dressing room. Wish them all the best for the future. 

Guest nathan.
16 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I really don’t get the hatred for 2 coaches who have been there during unrivalled success for our club. It’s amazing how fans forget the good times as soon as one we have one shit season.

Embarrassing. 

No room for sentimentality now.

After relegation im happy to see the back of all of the first team staff.

53 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Considering he’s worked at LCFC since 2014, he’s done a fair bit worthy of respect

Just because hes worked here since 2014 doesnt mean anything, i very much doubt any of our achievements were down to Adam Sadlers coaching. The club obviously doesnt rate him enough to be fine with sacking him off. Nothing against the bloke but certainly wont be losing any sleep 

Edited by South Shire Fox

13 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Because if you’ve been goalkeeper coach since 2005, had the same first team keeper for how many years? . Yet when that keeper is suddenly no longer available and despite having a fleet of keepers contracted to the club, you end up picking the wrong one to replace the departing veteran - you’ve either demonstrated having no judgement or one that is too little respected. For years you’ve had to do very little to earn your money and then when your expertise is most needed it’s found wanting. Let’s stop tolerating “good chap” mediocrities..

...that would assume that he was the one with the only say regarding bringing in Danny Ward!!!

Rodgers and Ward appear to be tight, this would have been sanctioned by Rodgers, and if after 10 games, Rodgers could not see how poor Ward was, (never mind giving him 26 straight league games) then that is on Rodgers!!

19 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Surely Brendan decided on picking Ward as he wanted to get sacked?

24 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Has Saddler ever done anything to deserve respect? Bournemouth and Villa games showed he was completely out of his depth at this level

What would you have a coach do that might earn respect? Did Shakespeare, our best ever coach, do anything to command respect apart from just being there? I don't remember him dazzling fans from the shadows.

The board are clearing the decks because that's easier than addressing their own shortcomings.

The suggestion has long been that the club is losing its identity, so how does firing the last mainstays of our rise from League One to the title deal with that? Their major crime appears to be that Stowell, who coached the most successful keeper in LCFC history for a decade, also had to coach a keeper who was never anywhere near good enough. And that he, with another, was expected to pick up the pieces after Top, Rudkin and Rodgers had long since obliterated any semblance of competence. Even though neither was meant to be a manager in the first place. And neither of them signed Danny ****ing Ward.

My best guess is that Rudkin/Top asserted that we wouldn't even need to replace Rodgers, and that Stowell/Sadler would somehow see us by. When, inevitably, that turned out to be folly, they decided that it was easier to capitalise on a segment of the fanbase who were inexplicably calling for the plumber-turned-brain-surgeon to be flayed alive, than it was to accept that the person who'd asked Ron to delicately excise the mycotic aneurysm needed to go about things differently.

It's weird that Rennie leaving was meant to be an aberration. And people want King back, so we can regain our identity. But Stowell and Sadler? They need to go. Based on what? That Top and Rudkin believe they weren't up to it? What kind of weight does their assessment carry now? Or are we all too intoxicated by our big name targets, and rebirth, and totally inexperienced fancy-sounding boss to retain any sense of sobriety?

Perhaps Top is right. I dearly hope so. Because on paper it looks like a board which is digging in, and in doing so jettisoning any trace of the set-up which, on the one hand, delivered our success but, on the other, didn't reflect some weird, fantastical notion of the continental, purists' team that we could become; serving - simultaneously - as an unwelcome reminder that these guys were once part of a Leicester which didn't subscribe to any of that nonsense. And became immense in doing so. What a shame it is for our board that THAT version of Leicester, rather than the one which Top imagined, was the one that was actually good.

I suppose we'll have to see whether, this time round, our board manage to successfully refashion us as a glorious footballing team in the image of Man City. They tried it before with Sousa, Sven, Puel and Rodgers. Maybe this is the one (and I think, in the short-term at least, that there's a chance we may soon feel a bit more optimism.) Alternatively, it could be that our identity, if there is such a thing, stands at odds with their vision of the club. You do wonder. And in that case, our rise to the top, curiously, also stood at odds with that vision.

We'll see, I suppose! But there's no reason whatsoever for the disrespect I've seen for these two coaches. I do wonder whether some people have any respect whatsoever for those who a actually delivered our success. I still don't see how our board could be given more credit for that than the people who managed, coached and played for us.