Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mike Stowell, Adam Sadler, and Lars Knudsen are leaving

28 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Thanks are due to Stowell for stepping in over the years - this mess of an interim aside, he's always been a steady pair of hands as a caretaker. Fond memories of the Powell and Stowell combo we briefly had.

He also coached Kasper f**king Schmeichel, the greatest goalie we've ever had. Never did teach him how to distribute, but otherwise must have had some impact on him.

He leaves with my best wishes, the other two, meh.

How can anyone remotely older then 20 thinl Kasper is the greatest goalie we ever had. obviously you never saw Banks, Shilton, Flowers, Walker, Wallington. All far suprrior in every aspect then Kasper. I like Kasper and he was good for us but to compare him to and above Banks and Shilton is so wrong on so many levels. TDifferance between Kasper and them 2 are Kasper was best goalie in Leicestershire. Bank and Shilton best in the world!!!

28 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Because if you’ve been goalkeeper coach since 2005, had the same first team keeper for how many years? . Yet when that keeper is suddenly no longer available and despite having a fleet of keepers contracted to the club, you end up picking the wrong one to replace the departing veteran - you’ve either demonstrated having no judgement or one that is too little respected. For years you’ve had to do very little to earn your money and then when your expertise is most needed it’s found wanting. Let’s stop tolerating “good chap” mediocrities..

You are aware that Stowell neither signed nor picked Ward, aren't you? In fact, as caretaker boss, he didn't pick him either.

• Like 1

Well, hopefully this will calm down the "it's June and we've not appointed 69 new coaches" lot. While it's popular to assume that everyone connected to the club is completely incompetent, right down to Gladys the tea lady who keeps putting the milk in first, we'd not sack the coaching team without having replacements lined up and on their way in

Well if the new manager wants a goalkeeper to play out from the back, then I can't see that Mike Stowell is the right coach to help train the goalie to do that, not to the required standard anyway. So good luck to him elsewhere, but I guess there's just not a place for him here anymore.

23 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Just because hes worked here since 2014 doesnt mean anything, i very much doubt any of our achievements were down to Adam Sadlers coaching. The club obviously doesnt rate him enough to be fine with sacking him off. Nothing against the bloke but certainly wont be losing any sleep 

Bloke deserves some credit for inputting into the greatest successes of the club. Especially across multiple managers, none felt the need to move him on. 

Time is right for change. But he deserves a thanks for his efforts 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Collymore said:

They both were an absolute disgrace in the games they took over. They basically carried on with the same shite served up by Rodgers, if not worse. Sadler sounded out of his depth in his interviews and about as inspiring as a turd. Stowell was completely silent and left it all to Sadler so god knows what he offered!

You can name a few things that caused relegation: keeping Rodgers too long, the Madders penalty miss V Everton, keeping Ward in goal for so long but these two with their complete lack of ideas and inability to rally the troops when Rodgers went can be added to that list quite easily. 

They weren't managers. They weren’t employed to do that job. Particularly interviews etc. They won’t the the best versed in tactics as that’s 90% out of their remit as coaches 

They pushed into a role after the board made a decision on whim without no back up plan

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

How can anyone remotely older then 20 thinl Kasper is the greatest goalie we ever had. obviously you never saw Banks, Shilton, Flowers, Walker, Wallington. All far suprrior in every aspect then Kasper. I like Kasper and he was good for us but to compare him to and above Banks and Shilton is so wrong on so many levels. TDifferance between Kasper and them 2 are Kasper was best goalie in Leicestershire. Bank and Shilton best in the world!!!

I saw Flowers and Walker. Schmeichel was definitely better than both - hell, if we're talking about that era I'd put Kasey Kellar ahead of those two. That's not even an argument worth having. Kasper's 1-on-1 stopping alone put him into a higher bracket during his 2016-21 peak for us. If his distribution was better, he'd be world class.

Banks is probably the only one there with a genuine claim, but I didn't see him in person to be able to confirm.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

Would’ve seemed counter productive to have top of the range training facilities and a team just relegated with the same coaches, we need fresh ideas and new concepts from top to bottom.

The players are probably far to comfortable with the existing coaches, leading to knowing what they can and can’t get away with.

Needed a fresh start to put the existing players back on their toes. .

Edited by HankMarvin

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We now have no club employed 1st team coaches left, so should Enzo move on then we'd have no staff again. Unusual. It will be interesting to see what staff come in in the next few weeks.

The players might have to train themselves next week 😂😂

😂 got no players so don’t need any coaches I suppose 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I saw Flowers and Walker. Schmeichel was definitely better than both - hell, if we're talking about that era I'd put Kasey Kellar ahead of those two. That's not even an argument worth having. Kasper's 1-on-1 stopping alone put him into a higher bracket during his 2016-21 peak for us. If his distribution was better, he'd be world class.

Banks is probably the only one there with a genuine claim, but I didn't see him in person to be able to confirm.

Everyone forgetting Kevin Pressman in 04-05…….

Can’t deny the coaches have been good servants and cannot blame them solely for last season. Simply time for much needed change.

Good servants to the club and made a significant contribution to our success under King Power over the last few years, but as with most things it can become stale and people need a fresh challenge. I think both should leave with heads held high but time is right to part company and bring fresh ideas and a new mentality to the club. 

Some won’t like me saying it but fair play to the club at this stage, there appears little sentiment being shown, this relegation has been a massive wake up call and so far the reaction has been what I would expect and support. 

• Like 1