Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mike Stowell, Adam Sadler, and Lars Knudsen are leaving

1 hour ago, Phube said:

‘Tis true, but the same can be said about Rudkin. And he gets vitriol from everyone, not just 50%.

Basically living on past success will catch up with colossal abject failure. This is the same for all us working for a living. 

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Was DOF when we won the Premier league and The fA cup and sanctioned the signing of Vardy Mahrez and Kante.

You forgot Vestagaard and Bertrand and not firing Rogers until it was too late……

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Disappointed with Knudsen’s departure, our set piece defending improved hugely, attacking set pieces always take longer. A  (good) set piece coach is worth +10 goals and I can’t imagine he’d have been on more than £100k p/a.

Hopefully Maresca Will bring his own in.

Funny I thought the opposite . Whilst I’d  agree  he improved  us  initially  and we looked better for a few games it didn’t seem to last and slipped back in to being shit at set pieces .Numerous corners I seem to recall our smallest player trying to mark their biggest . . 

16 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Funny I thought the opposite . Whilst I’d  agree  he improved  us  initially  and we looked better for a few games it didn’t seem to last and slipped back in to being shit at set pieces .Numerous corners I seem to recall our smallest player trying to mark their biggest . . 

Tbh, I would expect that a team/squad that has a much more competitive mentality will naturally see improvements in how we defend set pieces anyway. Hunger, desire, will to win battles … all things that were drained from our team under Rodgers.

The likes of Souttar and Coady at the back will obviously help too!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Ah, you've just reminded me what I'll be judging Maresca on. If he sticks to this idea of bringing every single player back for corners, the single most negative and illogical tactic in football, I want him out :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Was DOF when we won the Premier league and The fA cup and sanctioned the signing of Vardy Mahrez and Kante.

No he wasn't? Wasn't DOF until December 2014 I think. And Kante was already lined up. Plus we know that the recruitment was all under Steve Walsh and his team. He played no role in getting those guys in so deserves 0 credit.

How much good work he did after that, who knows but given our recruitment, selling and contractual management has gradually fallen off a cliff since then, I think it's safe to say he's overseen the dismantling of that and likely done a cack job.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Ah, you've just reminded me what I'll be judging Maresca on. If he sticks to this idea of bringing every single player back for corners, the single most negative and illogical tactic in football, I want him out :ph34r:

That and not one player trying to win the ball all just trying to stop the opposition from winning it . 

19 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I've been on FoxesTalk for 5 years: the last year has not been a great year, but I've been shocked at the level of vitriol on here which his built over the year and just seems to come with every topic now.

Who on here actually know what goes on during the coaching of a football club - how the dynamics work between the manager, the coaches, the analysts, the medical team etc. I've worked in a number of different industries, and it can take years to learn the ropes, but plenty on here who have never seen a coaching session, or being involved in a team meeting seem to know that these people are not good at their job, and rush to share their opinion with the world as though they are adding new information.

My personal view is that this is likely Maresca's decision to bring in his own team, so the existing coaches are surplus to requirements: so fair play to the club for fully embracing the new manager: but it may be a bit rash if we end up with a Paulo Sousa or Enso at Parma tenure! The only way to know if it is a good decision or not will unfold as the season does.

These guys have spent years (although maybe not in Lars' case!) serving the club and played a part in some of our historic achievements so deserve to be thanked and wished well.

But I am just amazed at the number of posters saying that "it was time for them to go" or "this is the news I've been waiting for". If you don't really know the ins and outs of what happens, then put a f**king sock in it and spare us the non-informed vitriol: If its just a knee jerk reaction to criticize then maybe just spend a minute thinking first!

Well I for one wish you all the best with your future, Mike. Pass on my best wishes to the other two, Yeh?

• Like 1

As for Stowell and Saddler I wish them nothing but good health and a happy future . Although the last year was a disaster that’s not all down  to them  just part of something that no longer worked  . Yes they have  been payed well but they have put years of service in to help the club hit its highest levels  that we only dared to dream about . Add to this although handsomely paid they still  have family and bills  to pay just like the rest of us . I won’t gloat  on them leaving but I think it’s the right thing to do as the club looks like it’s been choking with toxicity. So here’s to a fresh start . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I've been on FoxesTalk for 5 years: the last year has not been a great year, but I've been shocked at the level of vitriol on here which his built over the year and just seems to come with every topic now.

Who on here actually know what goes on during the coaching of a football club - how the dynamics work between the manager, the coaches, the analysts, the medical team etc. I've worked in a number of different industries, and it can take years to learn the ropes, but plenty on here who have never seen a coaching session, or being involved in a team meeting seem to know that these people are not good at their job, and rush to share their opinion with the world as though they are adding new information.

My personal view is that this is likely Maresca's decision to bring in his own team, so the existing coaches are surplus to requirements: so fair play to the club for fully embracing the new manager: but it may be a bit rash if we end up with a Paulo Sousa or Enso at Parma tenure! The only way to know if it is a good decision or not will unfold as the season does.

These guys have spent years (although maybe not in Lars' case!) serving the club and played a part in some of our historic achievements so deserve to be thanked and wished well.

But I am just amazed at the number of posters saying that "it was time for them to go" or "this is the news I've been waiting for". If you don't really know the ins and outs of what happens, then put a f**king sock in it and spare us the non-informed vitriol: If its just a knee jerk reaction to criticize then maybe just spend a minute thinking first!

Bit touchy 

4 hours ago, inckley fox said:

You are aware that Stowell neither signed nor picked Ward, aren't you? In fact, as caretaker boss, he didn't pick him either.

I am aware of that. Of course. My point is that if your sole job is to train and improve the goalkeeping talent at the club then you should be aware of the skills and limitations of what after all is only about five or six players at any one time. Your job is literally to ensure not just that the number one is as good as he can be but that the number two is the right player and ready to takeover should injury/sudden transfer/illness strike. If the manager is set on a replacement you don’t think is good enough you should be shouting that from the rooftops and doing all you can to change his mind. If you’re doing that and the manager is taking no notice then your value to the club has to be called into question. 

Let’s face it being goalkeeping coach at LCFC during the Kasper era has been one of the easiest jobs in world football. The guy is hardly ever injured and a brilliant shot stopper which is something which simply cannot be coached. Kaspers weaknesses - crosses and distribution- improved little during his time here. 

So my conclusion is that Stowell may well be a lovely man, a cheerful face around Seagrave - but is that really enough when we just got relegated - at least in part - due to the lack of a Premier League standard keeper?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Because if you’ve been goalkeeper coach since 2005, had the same first team keeper for how many years? . Yet when that keeper is suddenly no longer available and despite having a fleet of keepers contracted to the club, you end up picking the wrong one to replace the departing veteran - you’ve either demonstrated having no judgement or one that is too little respected. For years you’ve had to do very little to earn your money and then when your expertise is most needed it’s found wanting. Let’s stop tolerating “good chap” mediocrities..

You realise Stowell doesn’t pick the team, right?

• Like 1

Good they have gone.  We need a change top to bottom.  I do not doubt their service to Leicester but last season was an utter shambles and they were part of that.

Too many people have been at the club for longer than they should have been. I am sure all 3 will get another job anyway and they need a new challenge as much as we need a change.

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

The Foxestalk way and the usual suspects, who couldn't even bring themselves to enjoy our FA Cup incase it gave Rodgers a smidgen of credibility, are wanking themselves off admirably and this 'I told you so' opportunity

• Like 2

Not sure why they are getting so much stick, agree it's time for a change but I don't feel as though they've been an absolute dumpster fire for the club.

Wish them all the best, thanks for the service and good luck with the next stages of their career.

• Like 1

Huge move from the club here. Showing their full backing to Maresca, giving him a complete blank canvas to work with. Far to say it’s a huge gamble as it could leave us with no one if it all goes wrong. Personally very intrigued to see the outcome. 

Hopefully the club are slowly moving away from having employees within the club based on longevity. 

One thing I do want to say is despite all the wrongs the past year or two from the board, credit where credit’s due in making necessary changes. 

Obviously freshening up everything is needed but… I can’t help but think this is just rudkin having some fall guys.  

Does make sense that we’d need a different type of goal keeper coach though as maresca is looking for something completely different. 

Let’s hope one of the 400 youth keepers we’ve signed can use their feet 

• Like 1

I wish them well. Stowell and Sadler have served the club for many years and that in itself deserves respect. But it is time for a refresh of the club, so it isn't too shocking that this has happened. A new manager comes in at any club, there are always changes, so for them to still be here after we've had a few changes is credit in itself. 

All the best to those involved, and we look forward to a new future for our club. 

Edited by fox_favourite