Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Mike Stowell, Adam Sadler, and Lars Knudsen are leaving

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s unhealthy to have people around in those positions for as long as they have been, become far too comfortable and those standards are likely to drop. 

They needed to be moved on and a fresh faces come in, the club needs a proper refresh.

Exactly this

Think we should be grateful to Stowell. Beyond being loyal servant to club who has been here for as long as I’ve remember following the club, acted as bridge for every new manager from Sousa.

We all talk about Leicester losing identity we had, think wrong to nor acknowledge role Stowell had in our achievements. Probably time to move on, but deserves massive plaudits from all of us

Bloke is not Rudkin who has been complete cretin whole time he’s been at the club and he should be ****ed off

Obviously the timing of the announcement coincides with the end of June and contracts reducing etc however it would also suggest that the club are ready to announce Maresca’s back room tean and they will be in place ready for pre season training starting in earnest next week. Reckon there will be a surprise or two when it does get finally announced. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Obviously the timing of the announcement coincides with the end of June and contracts reducing etc however it would also suggest that the club are ready to announce Maresca’s back room tean and they will be in place ready for pre season training starting in earnest next week. Reckon there will be a surprise or two when it does get finally announced. 

Surely will be announced today.

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

At last Top is taking our position seriously. Relegated or not a Backroom team with real focus is what's needed.

It's clear we are going to be coming out fighting right from the start of the season.

...or just repeating the previous folly of giving a manager full control of the clubs processes!!!

With the people we have at this club, there is no-one capable of taking is to the next level in respect of structure and an identity. We gave that remit to Rodgers and he broke the club over a short period of time.

We appear to be doing the same again, but this time trust that the new manager has the will and integrity to make it work. 

Would like to have a resident coach in the club for continuity, it feels like all eggs are going into the same basket.

Stowell joined in the summer of 2005, the year of my first season ticket as a ten year old. Had one every season since, which makes him one of the only constants in addition to the Birch on a matchday. Makes you realise what a journey he’s had with us. However, I am glad he’s going along with the others. This is the time to start afresh.

11 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

I've been on FoxesTalk for 5 years: the last year has not been a great year, but I've been shocked at the level of vitriol on here which his built over the year and just seems to come with every topic now.

Who on here actually know what goes on during the coaching of a football club - how the dynamics work between the manager, the coaches, the analysts, the medical team etc. I've worked in a number of different industries, and it can take years to learn the ropes, but plenty on here who have never seen a coaching session, or being involved in a team meeting seem to know that these people are not good at their job, and rush to share their opinion with the world as though they are adding new information.

My personal view is that this is likely Maresca's decision to bring in his own team, so the existing coaches are surplus to requirements: so fair play to the club for fully embracing the new manager: but it may be a bit rash if we end up with a Paulo Sousa or Enso at Parma tenure! The only way to know if it is a good decision or not will unfold as the season does.

These guys have spent years (although maybe not in Lars' case!) serving the club and played a part in some of our historic achievements so deserve to be thanked and wished well.

But I am just amazed at the number of posters saying that "it was time for them to go" or "this is the news I've been waiting for". If you don't really know the ins and outs of what happens, then put a f**king sock in it and spare us the non-informed vitriol: If its just a knee jerk reaction to criticize then maybe just spend a minute thinking first!

How about you put a f"'&%£g sock in it, if you dont like what your reading, dont read it, I'm getting tired of people criticising posters, if I dont like it I dont read it simple.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Vazman said:

How about you put a f"'&%£g sock in it, if you dont like what your reading, dont read it, I'm getting tired of people criticising posters, if I dont like it I dont read it simple.

:appl:  The Villa and Bournemouth games were justification for this change.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vazman said:

So let me get this straight... if you don't like what you are reading, you don't read it. Simple. 

But you do actually read as you get tired of it.

And you are so tired of criticising other posters you then do it yourself! lollollol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

I've been on FoxesTalk for 5 years: the last year has not been a great year, but I've been shocked at the level of vitriol on here which his built over the year and just seems to come with every topic now.

Who on here actually know what goes on during the coaching of a football club - how the dynamics work between the manager, the coaches, the analysts, the medical team etc. I've worked in a number of different industries, and it can take years to learn the ropes, but plenty on here who have never seen a coaching session, or being involved in a team meeting seem to know that these people are not good at their job, and rush to share their opinion with the world as though they are adding new information.

My personal view is that this is likely Maresca's decision to bring in his own team, so the existing coaches are surplus to requirements: so fair play to the club for fully embracing the new manager: but it may be a bit rash if we end up with a Paulo Sousa or Enso at Parma tenure! The only way to know if it is a good decision or not will unfold as the season does.

These guys have spent years (although maybe not in Lars' case!) serving the club and played a part in some of our historic achievements so deserve to be thanked and wished well.

But I am just amazed at the number of posters saying that "it was time for them to go" or "this is the news I've been waiting for". If you don't really know the ins and outs of what happens, then put a f**king sock in it and spare us the non-informed vitriol: If its just a knee jerk reaction to criticize then maybe just spend a minute thinking first!

I'd imagine it's somewhere in the middle. Yes, it's not down to just these pair and no one really knows for sure what happens in the club, especially with our North Korea style of communication.

We were a Premier League club and with that comes the highest expectations and you would hope to have some of the best staff in world football. These two made absolutely no changes at all when they took over and the frustration I felt at the time isn't helped by ultimately ending up relegated. 

As always with Foxestalk you get people (me and a few others in this case) that perhaps on reflection are being a tad harsh on them but then you get people that wade in like yourself  with a polar opposite view.

The truth probably is somewhere in the middle. They were out of their depth and didn't have the personality and no how when it came to making changes. They were probably good working in a setup when things were going well. It's probably time for them to go. They should be given some credit for the glory years and questions should still be asked about their part in the relegation as they were coaches are we were unfit and tactically inept. They're probably scapegoats. We should wish them well. 

Edited by Collymore

8 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

So let me get this straight... if you don't like what you are reading, you don't read it. Simple. 

But you do actually read as you get tired of it.

And you are so tired of criticising other posters you then do it yourself! lollollol

Tuchet my friend 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

How do you know if you like it, or not, if you don’t read it?? 

44 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

How do you know if you like it, or not, if you don’t read it?? 

In the context of my response it made perfect sense, but your very simple anology, is quite correct, so well done, if only a place was available on the Egg Heads team, you would surely secure a spot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I'd imagine it's somewhere in the middle. Yes, it's not down to just these pair and no one really knows for sure what happens in the club, especially with our North Korea style of communication.

We were a Premier League club and with that comes the highest expectations and you would hope to have some of the best staff in world football. These two made absolutely no changes at all when they took over and the frustration I felt at the time isn't helped by ultimately ending up relegated. 

As always with Foxestalk you get people (me and a few others in this case) that perhaps on reflection are being a tad harsh on them but then you get people that wade in like yourself  with a polar opposite view.

The truth probably is somewhere in the middle. They were out of their depth and didn't have the personality and no how when it came to making changes. They were probably good working in a setup when things were going well. It's probably time for them to go. They should be given some credit for the glory years and questions should still be asked about their part in the relegation as they were coaches are we were unfit and tactically inept. They're probably scapegoats. We should wish them well. 

I think your last para is spot on.

Their prime job wasn't team selection, but there was an implicit understanding that if a situation arise when we were without a manager they would be expected to step up and fill in until a new permanent manager came in.

In the situation in which they found themselves they adopted a timid approach that replicated the sort of thinking from Rodgers that had got us into the position we were in.  A bold approach was required.  Whilst team selection was not in their normal remit they should have had a good bit of football nous, an insight into what had been going wrong, and an intimate knowledge of the pros and cons of the squad I.e. they were in perfect position to make the positive changes that would give us a chance of winning those 2 vital games.

In the event a single win would have been enough.  They failed.

Harsh but true.  They've had a good run with the club for which they should be thanked but people often get stale if they stay in the same job for too long and I think that's what happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ricey said:

Just can not forgive them for those team selections and tactics against Villa and Bournemouth.

Obviously those two matches weren’t the reason that we were relegated but it was a huge missed opportunity that was ruined by legitimately the two worst managerial performances I think I’ve ever witnessed.

Villa was a step forward, but confidence was wrecked, I dont think those two games have anything to do with this decision, they werent employed to be team manager.  New man wants a clearout/refresh and thats what he is getting.