Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Coady for me is probably the best signing we have made in a long time. To be fair I still think he's too good for the championship. 

What areas should we expect him to exceed and be top performer in?

5 hours ago, Dames said:

But that was a loan initially and he was have been significantly cheaper in terms of fee and wages.

We aren’t living in 2015 though, inflation is 10% at least on the last year alone, its pretty much double the price of Huth, an then he's English. English players always cost more also.

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Eric dier thinks coady should be captain… coady agrees 😂

4C846697-6C71-4124-B372-C46CE43FBE16.jpeg

Makes you wonder if he's already been told he will be. There must have been some big promises given to him because surely the likes of the newly promoted teams and lower Premier League teams would have enquired about him. 

On 03/07/2023 at 01:48, Dames said:

Too many red flags with this deal for my liking. Older player, high fee, high wages and no resale value.

He'll be quality in the Championship no doubt but our problem last summer was that the squad was packed with players on high wages that nobody wanted. We could end up running into the same situation with this fella in a couple of years and end up back where we are. 

This is so different. He's a leader that we massively lacked. He's a genuine upgrade in quality on what we had and we have gone down a division. He is exactly what we need.

Don't let the pathetic failures of the clubs transfer policy lead you to believe we should only sign 22 year olds on 6 year deals. 

• Like 4

On 04/07/2023 at 10:49, filbertway said:

What areas should we expect him to exceed and be top performer in?

Firstly, decision making, he's not rash like Faes. Evans, because of his reading of the game made a lot of things look easier than they were and made others around him look better (particularly Maguire)as he read their game too, covered for them and put out fires. Evans looks finished but, Coady, though not as good, redresses some of that which has been missing.

He's a talker, an organiser. Not big but still strong and would work best next to Souttar who has an aerial advantage. I think he's captain material personally and to me, has always come over as a no nonsense die for the cause type. I think he's still keen and wants to prove a point. I think he's potentially one of our better signings in a long time. Now I've just ruined him haven't I! 🤣

• Like 3

Great to hear how tough the first week has been. Sounds like Enzo wants them super fit! 

I still think Coady is our natural Captain, despite only just arriving. I think it is important to have a fresh leading voice on and off the pitch.

The reset really is gathering momentum. Just need some more outgoings and incomings! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Great to hear how tough the first week has been. Sounds like Enzo wants them super fit! 

I still think Coady is our natural Captain, despite only just arriving. I think it is important to have a fresh leading voice on and off the pitch.

The reset really is gathering momentum. Just need some more outgoings and incomings! 

Agreed re Coady. Tielemans or Maddison as interchanging team captains last season are hardly a hard act to follow to better this coming season and neither were anything like what Kasper was as captain, even though he of course had his many critics on here in that role also!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, STUHILL said:

This is one of countless things I found frustrating about Rodgers and be never seemed to fully understand how to achieve his own footballing vision. 

You can't play Pep-ball and be lazy and unfit, his teams are constantly moving, they press absolutely relentlessly, they swarm the opposition whenever they lose possession. It baffled me that Rodgers wanted us to play an aggressively possession based system but let us regress so much in terms of fitness. 

• Like 4

On 11/07/2023 at 10:09, Finnegan said:

This is one of countless things I found frustrating about Rodgers and be never seemed to fully understand how to achieve his own footballing vision. 

You can't play Pep-ball and be lazy and unfit, his teams are constantly moving, they press absolutely relentlessly, they swarm the opposition whenever they lose possession. It baffled me that Rodgers wanted us to play an aggressively possession based system but let us regress so much in terms of fitness. 

and broke all the players in the process !

Apologies if this has been shared before. Remembered this bit of writing from

Mundial after Conor was loaned to Everton last season. It’s a lovely tribute to his influence and personality, and why whatever views we have on the cost of this transfer will hopefully seem insignificant in May. 

“You could hear him. Above the punch of the ball and the murmur of the crowd and the yap of the other players moaning at the ref. Honestly. You could hear him. Home, away, wherever. Conor Coady’s voice was the MC, the conductor, and your friend’s dad telling you to get rid of the ball quicker and to stop hanging around the shops all rolled into one. He took you for your first pint, too. It was a voice that punctuated and questioned and demanded. A voice that you got used to; it sounded like home. 

Football is a results business, a game of two halves, and all about positioning, runners, and duels. Above everything, though, and like everything ever, football is about love. Because love is what stops things falling apart. Because things do fall apart. Loving your job, your partner, your environment. At a football club, a captain has to make everyone fall in love with all of that.

At sea, a captain ensures that the ship complies with local and international laws and company and flag state policies. The captain is ultimately responsible, under the law, for aspects of operation such as the safe navigation of the ship, its cleanliness and seaworthiness, safe handling of all cargo, management of all personnel, inventory of ship's cash and stores, and maintaining the ship's certificates and documentation.

The transfer to Everton last week might have made sense for results, positioning, and duels. If Wolves are moving to a back four, and if Wolves have decided that Conor Coady can’t play as one of two centre-halves in a back four, then they’re not going to think that Conor Coady can return the results, positioning, and duels that they think they need. But what about safe handling of the cargo? The flag state 
policies? The seaworthiness?

At the centre of a project that involved loads of new people and new faces and new ideas, Conor Coady was an arm around everything. Everything that changed, everything that stayed the same, everything that would never be the same again. Sure, it’s easy to romanticise people you don’t know from afar, but I like to think that Rúben Neves would say the same as Willy Boly would say the same as the chef and the cleaner and the journalists and the groundskeepers. He is what made things get along. Things not fall apart. There’s a reason that Steve Holland, England’s assistant manager, said that at EURO 2020, "My player of the tournament so far is Conor Coady. He's not got on the pitch yet, but on the training pitch, he gives everything; in the dressing room before the game, he speaks like he's captain."

Coady scored his first Premier League goal at Molineux last January against Southampton. Headed in a rebound, and the ball squirmed over the line. He went ballistic in front of the South Bank. Arms pumping, eyes wide, mobbed by his teammates. But after the game, he said he was happier about Adama Traoré, who’d been really struggling, scoring his first of the season. Any team in the world needs a player who cares more about others than himself, and as romantic as it might sound, I’ll miss the idea of him in the changing room after games, hugging players who’d missed sitters, bigging up the ones who’d had good games, challenging authority when it needed to be, leaving the changing room and speaking honestly about things to the media. It felt reassuring, for all of football’s deep-rooted problems, to know that Conor Coady was the person that represented your club to the outside world. 

Football is a results business, but it’s also about falling in love with what people represent. Three at the back or two at the back, there’s a big hole to fill when the sea 
captain moves on“

Edited by mattlcfc15

• 1 month later...

We saw him after the game and i got a lovely photo with my boy. He took photos and signed autographs for everyone and he was a lovely bloke. Said he was back in proper training 'any moment'.  Have nothing but good vibes about Coady.

Worth noting that Wilf and Ben Nelson did the same, and Faes signed for quite a lot of people too. Nacho was hoodied up and wanted out pretty quick.

image.png.259581d769ed3709fa7bc369fb95410b.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We saw him after the game and i got a lovely photo with my boy. He took photos and signed autographs for everyone and he was a lovely bloke. Said he was back in proper training 'any moment'.  Have nothing but good vibes about Coady.

Worth noting that Wilf and Ben Nelson did the same, and Faes signed for quite a lot of people too. Nacho was hoodied up and wanted out pretty quick.

image.png.259581d769ed3709fa7bc369fb95410b.png

Cor your son must be blue in the face at having his face covered up for a photo meeting Coady! 

• Haha 1