Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

9 hours ago, nathan. said:

He will be crucial to our season i hope we dont rush him back. 

This, from Enzo’s interview he seems very keen to get Coady into the team and I hope that doesn’t cloud his judgement on rushing him back (I doubt it will).

I would love to know if it’s the fact he rates Conor so highly or that he’s not fully happy with what Vesty offers to the team behind the reasoning to wanting him back so badly.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he starts. His injury record has been immaculate so that won’t be something that would be a concern, it’s just the game time he’s missed out on. 

I'd definitely start him tonight - He's either fit and should play or not fit and should continue his cheer leading from the stand 

• Like 1

I’m not sure Coady walks into this side.

Who does he come in for?

Jannik - Very good on the ball. Has been dominating in the air.

Faes - Can’t see any argument to drop him for Coady. Faes is probably the better player, quicker too.

Doyle - Not sure Coady could play on the left of a 3 in Enzo’s system. 

I think the obvious choice is Vestergaard, as he plays the central role, but it’d be a poor choice IMO. Granted there will be rotation, but if it’s purely to get Coady in the team, I think it’d be the wrong move. Thankfully, it look like Enzo knows what he’s doing. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Who does he come in for?

Faes - Can’t see any argument to drop him for Coady. Faes is probably the better player, quicker too.

I think the obvious choice is Vestergaard, as he plays the central role, but it’d be a poor choice IMO. Granted there will be rotation, but if it’s purely to get Coady in the team, I think it’d be the wrong move. Thankfully, it look like Enzo knows what he’s doing. lol

Vestergaard is 1 yellow away from a ban, so he will have to take his chance then.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

Who does he come in for?

4 decent centre backs. Only 2 or 3 start any game.

It's quite clever actually. If 1 player becomes unhappy with the situation, he's the one you don't want.

If you want to play, you have to perform well in games and training. 

So much better than having 2 players nailed on to start and 2 that ain't really bothered. 

Earn it, be part of it.

Ridiculous options at centre back. Many of us thought our defence could be weak but with the resurrection of Vestergaard plus Faes, Doyle and Coady as cb options and then Justin, Ricardo, Doyle and even Hamza as full back options, we look well set. The fact Thomas starts every week at Sheff Utd and wouldn't have even made our bench shows we are in the wrong division. Don't miss Castagne or Kristiansen either. Forgot about Souttar as well, who clearly won't play under Maresca but walks into near enough every championship team. In some ways I'm happy we are back winning and have our mojo back, in another way I'm still furious we are even in this division, as even though we lost some of our top players in the summer, I still feel we are better than several teams currently in the prem. 

• Like 3

Any coincidence that Vestergaard appears to have stepped up as Coady has started making the bench?

Of course it could also be that he's now up to speed after playing several games in a row following a huge stint out, and he's also becoming more used to the style of play.

Or a combination of all those things.

11 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Any coincidence that Vestergaard appears to have stepped up as Coady has started making the bench?

Maybe, but I was thinking tonight how leaner Vesty looks, think he has shed a few pounds. This is also the longest run of games he’s had for us, so his match fitness and sharpness improved, no doubt his confidence growing with the managers backing and team mates actually respecting what he is doing. Looking excellent in a back 3 we’re playing.

Looking forward to seeing how Coady fits in, he’ll get plenty of chances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Ridiculous options at centre back. Many of us thought our defence could be weak but with the resurrection of Vestergaard plus Faes, Doyle and Coady as cb options and then Justin, Ricardo, Doyle and even Hamza as full back options, we look well set. The fact Thomas starts every week at Sheff Utd and wouldn't have even made our bench shows we are in the wrong division. Don't miss Castagne or Kristiansen either. Forgot about Souttar as well, who clearly won't play under Maresca but walks into near enough every championship team. In some ways I'm happy we are back winning and have our mojo back, in another way I'm still furious we are even in this division, as even though we lost some of our top players in the summer, I still feel we are better than several teams currently in the prem. 

Exactly. I want this season to go as fast as possible. Redemption season 

As much as I disliked Vestergaard for so long. It would be the wrong decision to drop him right now. 

I think it would send the wrong message, and I'd much prefer to slowly introduce Coady anyway. 

Excited to see Coady on the pitch again, but also wonder who he will start ahead of with the way things are going.

Faes has a good presence and Doyle is a bit more dynamic in going forward and had an excellent game tonight. 

Great headache for Enzo to have! 

Guest Col city fan

Really rate Coady, both as a player and a leader.

I doubt Enzo will drop Vestergaard though. That would send out completely the wrong message to a player who has been very good for us so far this season.

I wonder if Coady might come in for big Wout at Blackburn?