Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

Hard to say I’m disappointed by him because he’s hardly played.

Its incredibly harsh that he hasn’t played much, when he signed I was genuinely buzzing, thought he’d be an important player and go straight in as captain and unfortunately for him if it wasn’t for the first injury of his career when joining us he’d have probably started the season for us and he’d be a mainstay.

When he has played I’ve not been blown away by him as I expected, that’s probably more down to lack of opportunities.

I can imagine he does a lot of important work of the field keeping to team tight and great for morale.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Like many others he was sold the dream and hasn't had a sniff of first team football. 

Wants to be playing regularly and is rightly pissed off. Nothing major

I think if it wasn’t for his injury in pre season he’d certainly have started the season, and it would have been his spot to lose. But why change the status quo when it’s working so well and we have the best defensive record in the league? He must understand that.

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think if it wasn’t for his injury in pre season he’d certainly have started the season, and it would have been his spot to lose. But why change the status quo when it’s working so well and we have the best defensive record in the league? He must understand that.

Watford the other week caused the bubble up when Nelson was played over him. Few times this season senior players could have been given an opportunity but have been overlooked for less experienced players. 

Personally think had Albrighton been introduced from 70mins vs Boro we would have drawn that game given how many crosses we had. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Watford the other week caused the bubble up when Nelson was played over him. Few times this season senior players could have been given an opportunity but have been overlooked for less experienced players. 

Personally think had Albrighton been introduced from 70mins vs Boro we would have drawn that game given how many crosses we had. 

From coadys point of view, you can understand why he’d be pissed at that. Maybe Enzo just doesn’t fancy him. 

58 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Not sure that's the case pal 👍

• Like 1

Senior player pissed off because he's not getting any first-team action?

Wouldn't want it any other way.

For what it's worth, he appears to be a consummate professional and, while he's been okay at times when he's come in, I don't think his performances have necessarily been above the four regular starting CBs (including JJ and Doyle vying for that LCB berth) nor Nelson's as backup.

Them's the breaks I guess. He's been great for the dressing room, no doubt, but if he wants to nail down a CB slot, he's got to do better when he gets the chance, I think.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Was he an Enzo signing?

Fair enough if it werent for injury things may have turned out different but Enzo just loves Vestey and who can blame him:P

Have Vesty and Coady been in the same line up this season?

I remember one game they both started, they have been playing together multiple times when Coady has come on as a sub.

6 hours ago, BakerLCFC said:

Conor Coady is on Gary Lineker’s podcast that has just been released today. It’s also on YouTube: 

Listened to this today, great interview and sounds like a top guy.