Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

While you were watching YouTubers he was chatting with Nigel Pearson. When you were reading message boards he was watching training.When you were chatting in the pub he was in a meeting with 19 other owners.

We truly do not know a lot about Top but we do love to assume.!!

I could have had Picasso talking to me 24/7 about art but I still wouldn't know my arse from my elbow about a painting's artistic merit or value.

23 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Coady strikes me as a guy who was raised well by his parents. Trustworthy, confident but not arrogant or egotistical, and would be a good friend. 

It will be interesting to see if he will be a starter this season, Cooper has lots of CB's to choose from.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It will be interesting to see if he will be a starter this season, Cooper has lots of CB's to choose from.

Presumably he'll have fewer to choose from by the end of the transfer window.

Edited by ClaphamFox

On 15/07/2024 at 11:48, Finnegan said:

Cooper wouldn't have gotten the job if he hadn't gone in to the interview and sold the idea of himself as an advocate of progressive, passing football. 

Honestly, all the talk of him playing 3atb and wing backs etc, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if he even rocks up and implements the same system Enzo was playing. 

Consistency and continuity would be a big help for survival and it got the absolute best out of Vestergaard, Winks, Hermansen and Ricardo who were some of our best players last year. 

I expect he will start out with what Top wants, but if it isnt working I think Cooper will change it up in later games instead of persisting with it right till the last game.

On 16/07/2024 at 15:18, gurru991 said:

While you were watching YouTubers he was chatting with Nigel Pearson. When you were reading message boards he was watching training.When you were chatting in the pub he was in a meeting with 19 other owners.

We truly do not know a lot about Top but we do love to assume.!!

You are doing exactly that, assuming.

You are assuming e.g. Pearson has taught him all his secrets or something, when for all you know the conversation went like this.

Top - You see Messi does this and Barca do that, thats the way forward right.  I ben watching the champions league for a couple of years, trust me.

Pearson - Whatever you say boss. (whilst shaking his head)

It has been reported Whelan attends the EPL shareholder meetings.

• 1 month later...

I know the guys hardly played for us - but I can’t help think he’s been such an important signing for us.

Every clip I see of him - and most of these are off the pitch ones - he’s positive, encouraging, massive smile and seems the sort of guy that just brings people together and makes life at a club enjoyable.

Obviously the reality is he may not get much of a look in with us across the season - but regardless of the minutes he plays, he’s clearly a very important player for us.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

didn’t look good enough in the championship, certainly shouldn’t be ahead of vesty in the prem. 

He’s up there with one of the worst signings we’ve made in recent times imo. 4m for him in the championship is so shoddy 

he’s not as good as souttar or nelson… can’t pick players based on history 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

didn’t look good enough in the championship, certainly shouldn’t be ahead of vesty in the prem. 

He’s up there with one of the worst signings we’ve made in recent times imo. 4m for him in the championship is so shoddy 

Wasn't he 7.5m plus another million for wolves if we got promoted 🙄.....he wasn't good enough for Wolves and Dyche didn't think much of him. Think his time in football over...he should stick to his media roles

47 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wasn't he 7.5m plus another million for wolves if we got promoted 🙄.....he wasn't good enough for Wolves and Dyche didn't think much of him. Think his time in football over...he should stick to his media roles

genuinely atrocious business. I swear the last time an over the hill player was actually any use to us, was either nobby solano or ferdinand… every other time it just ends up a waste of money and space in the team. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Sorry but he played 15 minutes of football today and made 1 mistake. Barely played for us in the time he has been here, blame the people signing off on the player 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AaronH said:

Sorry but he played 15 minutes of football today and made 1 mistake. Barely played for us in the time he has been here, blame the people signing off on the player 

3 in 1 go, loses the initial contact, then miss controls the ball, then commits a mistimed tackle.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

genuinely atrocious business. I swear the last time an over the hill player was actually any use to us, was either nobby solano or ferdinand… every other time it just ends up a waste of money and space in the team. 

the disrespect for Kevin Phillips in this (dare I say Cambiasso also qualifies there?)

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Great for the dressing room though... you could pay me his weekly wage a year and I'd be fantastic for that dressing room.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

the disrespect for Kevin Phillips in this (dare I say Cambiasso also qualifies there?)

We would have been fine without phillips tbh. I don’t view cambiasso as over the hill :wub: but you are completely correct.  That squad needed an experienced pro added as literally none of them had done it before. This squad is littered with players with plenty of experience. 

Point stands though, it so rarely comes off 

Edited by Lambert09

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Idk - Esteban Cambiasso, Kevin Phillips and Marcin Wasilewski all had good 'Indian Summers' with us during the Pearson era.

There's a place for the odd experienced pro, though I do agree Coady seems to have offered us very little.

People go on about him being a nice guy and a positive influence.  And i get that - he seems like a nice chap, and that's all great.  No one like a cùnt.  

But he seriously cannot be considered as good enough to play in the prem with key attributes that he's clearly lacking.