Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Conor Coady official

I remember when Jamie Vardy was having a bad time of things here, he was brought on late on in a game at the KP and gave away a poor penalty that cost us. I can't remember the details. 

Obviously not saying Coady is going to kick on and be a great player (or even an average player) for us but the overreaction in here is predictably OTT. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I remember when Jamie Vardy was having a bad time of things here, he was brought on late on in a game at the KP and gave away a poor penalty that cost us. I can't remember the details. 

Obviously not saying Coady is going to kick on and be a great player (or even an average player) for us but the overreaction in here is predictably OTT. 

Middlesbrough game with 8K, though Schmeichel saved his blushes that night.

12 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Massive over reaction to a mistake. 

No. It’s an opinion I held from when we first signed him. £7.5 million and a shedload of wages we didn’t need to spend.

Said at the time I don’t think he’s good for the Prem anymore hence why two lower half PL clubs passed him - so struck me as a daft signing at time with the aim of promotion within a year. 

I don’t think he’s a particularly bad player - I just think it was a poor value for money signing. An example of us doing really bad business (particularly in a position we were stacked). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Yeah but we can only comment on things as they happen, if he had come on and made a goal line clearance we'd be singing his praises but he's took the win away so what do you expect? 

People are venting their frustration and after seeing your weekend ruined by one single silly mistake it's naturally going to be a place to come and let off steam. 

I'd imagine the most upset person will be Connor himself. Bet he's absolutely livid. 

• Like 1

Cooper, I thought he'd watched all our games from last season.

Does he know who's who?

Can't get my head around those subs. 

Ricardo man, quick feet and fvcking clever, intelligent, well conditioned body ready to react quickly like an athlete does.

Coady looks like he works at a leisure center but he mainly in the office.

Probably just one of those moves that does not work out. He may or may or may not come good but the only way I can see him improving is with a sustained run in the team and that currently seems unlikely. Shame as I thought he might be a real asset , and he may yet be. He is not one of those players who doesn’t give a damn so i wish him well in his efforts to find a place in the team.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

To say he's amongst our worst signings ever seems like typical FoxesTalk hyperbole. But it clearly hasn't worked out in any way, shape or form. I can't see what he contributes to be deemed ahead of Vestergaard, Souttar or Nelson in the pecking order.

He's a talker on and off the pitch good knowledge.can talk the talk but can't walk the walk.possibly coach or assistant manager material.legs have gone for playing at this level.

50 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Coady probably didn’t deal with the first ball very well but watch ****ing Khristiansen just watching his man Sarr as he runs into the box in the 90th bastard minute. 

Standard Kristiansen.

4 hours ago, l444ry said:

First mistake he's made for us and all the Pound Shop Pep's are jumping on his back. Give the bloke a break FFS.  

I can’t think of a good game. He’s had a a few average cameos but there’s never been a moment where I’ve felt he genuinely made a huge impact.

He gets an easier ride than most because he’s a nice guy. But there’s no arguing it was a huge waste of money for someone his age. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

To say we had Nelson, Vesty and Souttar at the time he signed over looks the fact that Nelson wasn't ready (and still isn't), Souttar wasn't that convincing and, at that time, Vesty was the holder of worst signing ever title.

But within the context of the Championship, he was unnecessary.