Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

Don’t really blame him that much, it’s another season where we’ve failed to strengthen the squad, we have no one to bring on apart from Vardy who’ll actually do anything and even he was injured. 

Fatawu and Mavididi were wank but there’s zero jeopardy cos there’s no one else good enough to take their place. 

Same thing has happened 4 years running, in a good position and then lack of reinforcements ruined it. Don’t tell me about last year because was signed a steaming pile of shit. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

I wont stand any blame on Enzo tonight. Poor officiating, even worst finishing cost us tonight. Nothing to do with how we’re set up nor the tactics

At half-time we had a slender lead and knew Leeds would come back into it at some point. Everything hinged on us being ahead of the game.

Issues presented themselves throughout, but they weren't addressed. The subs came after the impetus had been surrendered, and they didn't improve us. I can't see how Kasey ever improves us to be honest, and to me the game seemed made for Albrighton or Yunus.

In fairness to the subs, they came in at the arse end of a phase in which we'd failed to capitalise, instead of being able to impact on our spell of superiority.

Overall, though, I'd agree that the loss of discipline among several players, the poor officiating, and the failure to convert chances - all of which were crucial - aren't issues which are easy for a boss to address. But, just as he rightly takes credit for our current position, he's also played his part in it going wrong tonight. The failure to take any initiative, or even keep up with the initiative thay they had taken with the subs, is cause for concern.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Starting to feel for Kasey now tbh, he must know deep down that he’s not at this level

Hamza as well, whenever he plays it feels like what happened tonight is on the cards. Not a witch hunt for either of them, just the truth. 

Bringing Kasey on to be more solid defensively made sense in theory, but Kasey came on looking as if he had been heavily sedated, no energy, no fight when we needed it most. In situations where you're trying to see out a game, surely experience is a key factor. He brought on Kasey and Cannon who have what 50 games between them when you could have had Albrighton and Iheancho (I know he wasn't on the bench but probably should have been with Vardy missing) who have about 700. 

Massive concern in that in all our big games, we have bottled it. Leeds home and away, Cov away, Ipswich home and away. Should have been game won in all of those games but naive play has cost us. We should be about 20 points clear but not in a proper scrap with the next 4 games being tricky notwithstanding the distraction on the FA Cup on Tuesday. Enzo has changed the style but still think the mentality is so fragile amongst this group, where are the leaders, your Morgans and Huths who throw themselves at everything to stop the other team scoring? 

• Like 4

Zero game management let's be real, they make 2 subs down the right kill us. We need a finisher on the pitch he waits til 75 to bring one on and only makes 2 subs. It's all well and good having plan A but when everyone shits the bed there has to be a plan B

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with his tactics..  it was lost on the pitch. We stifled them and created golden opportunities. The players are just far to wasteful time and time again. 

Throw in to that an incorrectly disallowed goal.

IF, and its a big if now .. but if the linesman made the correct decision and daka and mav scored their supposedly unmissable goals, we'd have been raving about how right he got it today

His only mistake for me was bringing on Kacey in that environment when 1 up. I'm sorry, but if I was on the pitch and seen one of our biggest attacking threats go off in mav, with kacey coming on I'd lose confidence.. the guys rubbish.. should've used Albrighton.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Zero game management let's be real, they make 2 subs down the right kill us. We need a finisher on the pitch he waits til 75 to bring one on and only makes 2 subs. It's all well and good having plan A but when everyone shits the bed there has to be a plan B

But what’s the alternative? He had little on the bench? If he leaves Daka and Mav on and concedes he gets slated. It’s just the way it is. Our squad depth isn’t quite what Leeds’ is. 

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

But what’s the alternative? He had little on the bench? If he leaves Daka and Mav on and concedes he gets slated. It’s just the way it is. Our squad depth isn’t quite what Leeds’ is. 

You've said it, keep mavididi on he was creating chances but then replace him with McAteer, who lets face it has no attributes at this level to beat a man or create an opening. 

As for Daka, struggled to get into the game for me he should've been off sooner, you've got a natural finisher on the bench.

Asides from that waiting that long to make a change like he always does comes back to haunt us. Leeds made all 5 over a prolonged period of the second half and it changed the game and look what happens.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The only team that stops us getting promoted is ourselves, which sums us up.

Absolutely; no one is going to go toe to toe with us and outplay us, we lose when we don't take chances, make mistakes or are robbed by the officials

• Like 1

That loss was NOT on Maresca. He set us up to dominate that game and for the most part, we did. Had it not been for 2 bad misses and a terrible officiating call, we would have been 4-0 up. He done his bit and others fell short when it counted. It's as simple as that. 

I'm not digging Stephy or Daka out either. Players miss sitters, it happens but that IS what happened. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

That loss was NOT on Maresca. He set us up to dominate that game and for the most part, we did. Had it not been for 2 bad misses and a terrible officiating call, we would have been 4-0 up. He done his bit and others fell short when it counted. It's as simple as that. 

I'm not digging Stephy or Daka out either. Players miss sitters, it happens but that IS what happened. 

Loser mentality. Results are always on the manager.

And he should have changed it earlier. Opposition made subs that changed the game, again.

Of course we should have been 3 up before they scored, but it’s a concern it’s not the first time it’s happened. And it’s a concern it’s another big game we haven’t won.

• Like 1

Sounds daft with the amount of players we've got but we don't really have good enough subs for the style of play. We have virtually nothing to bring on to play on the wings with any quality, no one to bring on in midfield with real physicality.

1 hour ago, DZ-LCFC said:

1 WIN FROM 5 GAMES AGAINST LEEDS & SOUTH & IPSWICH 

I think we'd all like to have seen a better return, but that's still 5 points from 5 games - if you can manage that against your nearest three rivals, the rest should be simple.

Besides, in four of those games we were the better side, so i'm not sure, from a tactical perspective, what we could have done differently.  In all 5 games, 3 points was achievable.