Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Think that’s an outrageous statement, for the majority of fans of course all they care about is the result. 

Really??

I’m not sure I agree, I think most fans care more about entertainment, loyalty, experience, seeing their mates, watching a great game, knowing that players gave their all, passion, etc etc etc.

The result is in there, and near the top, but isn’t the whole list at all.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Bang on.

The hype is as if he's taken Rotherham to the top of the league.

When you look at our squad, probably the best squad to ever grace the Championship,  then anything short of sitting top would be poor.

I am not fully sold and this isn't reactionary from the loss, I think we've looked pretty poor In most of our wins and I've said that all along.

I'd be shocked if there's any fans forum from the teams we have played whereby the general consensus was "wow they looked good".

Lots on here think he's the Messiah...

I don't think so, and I should know... I've followed a few!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Really??

I’m not sure I agree, I think most fans care more about entertainment, loyalty, experience, seeing their mates, watching a great game, knowing that players gave their all, passion, etc etc etc.

The result is in there, and near the top, but isn’t the whole list at all.

Yeah I meant the game aspect, not the whole day. Last year definitely helped me realise that the social aspect of seeing Leicester play every week was fundamental to me continuing to spend money even in the bad times. However, I certainly would place winning above how we play regarding priorities. I also don’t appreciate Balague lecturing fans of the club when once Maresca leaves he won’t be watching us anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Lots on here think he's the Messiah...

I don't think so, and I should know... I've followed a few!

Early days yet but I’m already seeing some of the same sort of attitudes that many had towards Brendan. Different scenario obviously because we are on the up and under Rodgers we were down and out every week, but it does smell similar in that if you question Enzo then you either aren’t intelligent enough to understand the system or you’re just a moaner because we are top therefore anything that you say could be improved is void. 
Id argue the one of the big reasons Brendan was here so long and one of the reasons we went down is because the majority of fans in the ground refused to criticise and made every excuse possible for very basic errors.

Enzo has done an amazing job so far but we still have many areas to improve and so far we don’t really seem to be addressing them tactically imo. 
But again, I fully appreciate how early we are in his reign. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Hermansen

Ricardo

Faes

JJ

Winks

KDH

Fatawu

Seven - at least - ain’t a bad start. McAteer, Coady, Yunus, Mavididi, Ndidi, Cannon, Stolarczyk all might be good enough. 

But absolutely, it’ll be a big summer, whichever league we’re in.

Pretty much exactly what I would have said! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Bang on.

The hype is as if he's taken Rotherham to the top of the league.

When you look at our squad, probably the best squad to ever grace the Championship,  then anything short of sitting top would be poor.

I am not fully sold and this isn't reactionary from the loss, I think we've looked pretty poor In most of our wins and I've said that all along.

I'd be shocked if there's any fans forum from the teams we have played whereby the general consensus was "wow they looked good".

I don't disagree with your point in general and I think we are about par now for the squad's ability but I did overhear some of their fans calling us the best side they've played yesterday. It's easy to forget how bad most of this league is. I think the concern we ultimately all really have is how we'd fare in the PL and you do see more and more red flags.

• Like 1

We're top of the league and Enzo is under a level of scrutiny that Rodgers didn't experience until his final season with us (over a year after it was obvious we were in freefall.)

I think perhaps our fans are generally just a bit thick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

We're top of the league and Enzo is under a level of scrutiny that Rodgers didn't experience until his final season with us (over a year after it was obvious we were in freefall.)

Go and read any associated threads in December 2019 in the couple of games before the draw vs Norwich and then the hammering vs Liverpool and Man City. Would be very similar.

18 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

I for one am slowly losing faith in his  lack of an alternative plan . He was forecasting a defeat during our good run a few weeks back but has done nothing to try and stop it. Seems he is slipping into Rodgers mode with not trying to modify our system because he knows best, even when we don't have the players good enough. 

There's a difference between 'forecasting a defeat' and trying to keep our feet on the ground.

I don't think it's a case of him knowing best - it's a case of having managed 16 games and trying to keep some consistency and to, let's face it, get Plan A to stick before he starts trying to introduce modifications to the system.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

We've flattered to deceive all season.

I'm not convinced our Manager is as good as he thinks he is.

Wow, even if you disregard his results as 'lucky', it's still  way too early to right him off.

Edited by Lillehamring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

You’re right, how Rodgers went on for so long with such a huge support base was all the evidence we needed. 
It’s one of the major reasons we went down. Even in his final games when it was obvious he was take us down there was still a majority clapping his name. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Wow, even if you disregard his results as 'lucky', it's still  way to early to right him off.

Quite a few wins have been on the lucky side!

I'm not writing him off at all, but some of his game management decisions lately are very Rodgersesque.. which is very worrying.

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Because in reality that doesn’t really work anymore…. It’s an outdated tactic that relies on you having a big physical squad, which we don’t.

Modern day football is plan A to Z…. The only gripe I’ve got with Enzo in this system is we aren’t utilising our key players properly, they’re being sacrificed for the system. 

We have the two best full backs in the league and they’re out of position. KDH isn’t a high 8, he’s been struggling no end recently, we don’t have another proper 8, although N’didi is doing fairly well in that role. 

The system would work better if the right players played in those positions, and we just haven’t been clinical enough recently.

Were just generally soft, it’s a theme that I think has been present for most of the season so far, but we’ve got away with it through the quality we have, but we still have a soft underbelly and when the going gets tough we need to be able to show resilience.

Lets hope Enzo can get stuck into them again and hopefully we will have a few players back after the break that can really help us. 

But you have to look at it that this IS the system, the players that don't quite fit are just what we have available, we have to consider them as placeholders for the next transfer window.  remember we had to bring in a tonne of players and couldn't bring in all the players we wanted or needed.   

We should just be pleased that these guys are outperforming their natural abilities.

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Not comparable.

Firstly, there is a difference between questioning some decisions by the manager or writing him off. Everyone is subject to scrutiny in their job, it doesn’t have to be a negative thing. Enzo has had a couple of shockers recently and it’s fair to question his decisions. Doesn’t mean he can’t learn from it and personally I hope he does. 

Re Rodgers, as Ric said, there were plenty of us questioning him as early as 2020. I don’t like to call anyone thick to use your word, but it’s the people who were backing him as long as last season who I’d be looking at there. 

18 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

You’re right, how Rodgers went on for so long with such a huge support base was all the evidence we needed. 
It’s one of the major reasons we went down. Even in his final games when it was obvious he was take us down there was still a majority clapping his name. 

Absolutely inexplicable. I still can’t get my head around it :dunno:

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Quite a few wins have been on the lucky side!

I'm not writing him off at all, but some of his game management decisions lately are very Rodgersesque.. which is very worrying.

That's debatable - there's no win where we haven't deserved to win or where we've 'robbed' the points.

We've had lucky moments (as we've had unlucky moments) but no case where we've come away and thought we didn't deserve to win.

And this whole business of having 'rodgers' synonymous with 'bad management' is a bit pathetic - especially in a tactics thread - if you think that enzo is making the same mistakes that rodgers did, then expand on that - what did rodgers do that was shit that enzo is now also doing?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That's debatable - there's no win where we haven't deserved to win or where we've 'robbed' the points.

We've had lucky moments (as we've had unlucky moments) but no case where we've come away and thought we didn't deserve to win.

And this whole business of having 'rodgers' synonymous with 'bad management' is a bit pathetic - especially in a tactics thread - if you think that enzo is making the same mistakes that rodgers did, then expand on that - what did rodgers do that was shit that enzo is now also doing?

Generally I don’t think this is the case. Just these last couple of games, the lack of subs and not proactively changing things has been a little bit like what we were used to before. It’s actually a side of his management that has been impressive so far and been a welcome change from before so it’s been a little odd to see in these past couple of games. 

Hopefully it’s been due to the injuries and we come back from this break with a couple of them back and look reinvigorated!

• Like 1

He's not long into the job and has done fantastically well.

He's not been without fault and fans have a right to ask questions or debate tactics.

He's still learning about his squad and will see more of their character and desire over the international break.

Chill people we'll be on the up soon enough🦊👍

Don't forget,  we could have had Tim Sherwood in charge🤢🤮

• Like 1

My initial reaction to back-to-back defeats was naturally frustration and concern.

However, watching highlights, interviews, and reading various opinions on the game, I've got to say we all need to take a breath.

Enzo has managed less than 40 first-team games (I think). Folk are right that our squad should be up there at the top of the pile...but remember we've also dramatically changed our system, which is tactical. That bit takes a while, and so far we've won a lot of games. Another manager might have got us to the top, but they wouldn't have implemented a brand new system. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but we are committing to and learning it still.

The only concern I have is our lack of threat from strikers. What exactly are Vardy or Iheanacho tasked with doing? Are they doing it? Are they not? Are they poorly suited? If so, what type of striker would suit the system?

I do think we really lack a goalscoring 8, which Ndidi has essentially been shaped as so far. I think his and Doyle's injuries have really hurt us, more than we realise.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Substitutions!... delay delay delay.  

When everyone on here (and rightly so) is screaming out for awful individual displays to be replaced he almost stubbornly keeps the player on!... remind you of anyone?

• Like 1

Not sure he had much choice re subs, Albrighton,  plenty on here think he's well passed it, Casadei, was awful in the last game, Cannon, not fired up all season and Daka I guess could have come on for Nacho but he's likely to want to occupy the same space as Vardy.. Where as when he was subbing earlier games he had Ndidi, Yunus  and Justin with Doyle in the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Generally I don’t think this is the case. Just these last couple of games, the lack of subs and not proactively changing things has been a little bit like what we were used to before. It’s actually a side of his management that has been impressive so far and been a welcome change from before so it’s been a little odd to see in these past couple of games. 

Hopefully it’s been due to the injuries and we come back from this break with a couple of them back and look reinvigorated!

Yeah, bit odd with the subs, but such an insignificant thing is a lot to base such a comparison on, especially as rodgers had such a jekyll and hyde career with us.