Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I’m bizarrely happy we have had a rocket here

But will he admit it was too passive and sloppy? Probably not. And that's also a concern; he's so honest in some ways but then he's giving off major Rodgers vibes in other ways.

The squad is the best in the league, we have the points despite the tactics. It needs altering. Even though he said he won’t. 

I personally think we have probably 3 players that can play the way he wants to play and that is Hermanson, Vestergaard and winks. The rest are square pegs in round holes. 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

But will he admit it was too passive and sloppy? Probably not. And that's also a concern; he's so honest in some ways but then he's giving off major Rodgers vibes in other ways.

Don't really care what he admits to the press, they need an absolute rocket in the dressing room though.

I don’t think his system gets anything like the best out of the players, seems to restrict us and we labour to wins against teams we should be ripping apart.

How have we not beat that shower of shit tonight, we were lucky to get a point as it has turned out.

Just now, Tuna said:

Really disappointed in him today.

What worries me is we don't score enough or sometimes don't seem to try to score.

Leeds and Ipswich can't stop scoring.

We score a goal then try and defend for the rest of the game, Leeds and Ipswich score and then try and kill the game off 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Even if he does, I think it's a given that we will do it again next game. Enzo so far has not shown he's learning or if he is, is too stubborn to change. 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Even if he does, I think it's a given that we will do it again next game. Enzo so far has not shown he's learning or if he is, is too stubborn to change. 

Again, a massive worry and comparison with Brent. Hoping that he will learn and show some willingness to adapt.

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

There simply has to be more balance.  When it’s not working, adapt.  I’m fine with having this as a game plan, I don’t hate it like a lot of people do, but it drives me barmy to continue with it in games that it’s either not needed or not working. 

pop us in a 4231 against the side in bottom and they don’t get out there half.  the slow and patient build up will always invite sides to have a go. but is that necessarily what’s needed in a game like this? 

There’s been 4/5 in particular where it’s just not needed the patience. 

I definitely agree with this. Against teams we know we are vastly superior to in a man for man setting, we don't need to play so much of a controlled style.

• Like 2

Things need to improve and fast. Results wise, we had a great start to the season but only a handful of games have we actually played well. With the players we have, we shouldn't be struggling through games like we have been. Im not expecting us to win 4-0 every week but drawing 1-1 tonight against this shower, and barely testing their keeper is just unacceptable.