Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

I think with vardy or nacho up front and playing the enzo system we are simply a little too predictable.  Thing is we're so good at it that it still generally works.  What I love with daka up front is that it's still essentially the same system but with a new air of mystery up front. Daka is just more energetic and athletic in his approach and suddenly the opposition aren't quite so sure in what method we are going to play the ball through. Consequently it opens up teams more as they are suddenly second guessing a long ball over the top and instead there's a through ball to a winger. 

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

There’s something seriously rotten in our fanbase when we are breaking records and had the best start EVER but yet a vocal view are just straining at the leash to criticise the manager because they cannot appreciate nor understand the style of football we play is actually very effective. 

We are lucky to be seeing the football we are, our story second only to Ipswich this season, but as effective as our style is some just crave excitement\entertainment. 

Quite enjoy the style myself and two huge pluses this year that are undeniable in that we have two things we have been missing for years, a defined style and a right winger! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We are lucky to be seeing the football we are, our story second only to Ipswich this season, but as effective as our style is some just crave excitement\entertainment. 

Quite enjoy the style myself and two huge pluses this year that are undeniable in that we have two things we have been missing for years, a defined style and a right winger! 

I’m enjoying the style too. It’s just different to the blistering counter attacking football we became known for. The irony is we can still do it. We just don’t see it so often because we have 80% of the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Can we change plan b to plan a

Aren’t they essentially the same thing? Plan A was to create an overload with our attacking five vs their back four. As Enzo said they played with a back five which nullified us so our Plan B was to attack with a six to create the overload. Essentially the same but responding to the opposition.

It was like against Plymouth when going a bit longer had some joy. Normally it wouldn’t work but Plymouth played a very high line (which was either naïve or just stupid btw!) so it was a tactic that worked.

Feels like we have a set Plan A and footballing philosophy but Enzo is savvy enough to tweak match tactics based on the opposition line up. Increasingly of the opinion the guys a footballing guru!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Once again this puts us 11 points above third and 13 above fourth. 

That doesn't include our ridiculously high goal difference. 

Leeds and Southampton will not catch us even if we lose a couple in a row where they pick up form, the gap throughout the season will be 5-6 points minimum at the worst.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Feels like we have a set Plan A and footballing philosophy but Enzo is savvy enough to tweak match tactics based on the opposition line up. Increasingly of the opinion the guys a footballing guru!

He's definitely become more savvy the more experience he's gained.

Earlier on in the session we'd have likely stuck at our original plan and just tried hacking away. 

Last night he kept to his core philosophy of how he wants to play football, but tweaked the system to overload. 

I really enjoy watching us, I love the tactical nuances and how we try to draw teams out of their shape and then look to exploit the spaces, granted this doesn’t always come off as our players aren’t yet elite level but already you can see each and every one has improved massively both technically and tactically under Maresca. Also massive credit to see a manager who can make in game tweaks to change the direction of the game and influence the result, a far cry from the last 2 years under Rodgers where we regressed so badly and had a manager who seemed to have downed tools and was so ineffective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

There’s something seriously rotten in our fanbase when we are breaking records and had the best start EVER but yet a vocal view are just straining at the leash to criticise the manager because they cannot appreciate nor understand the style of football we play is actually very effective. 

Yeh.. But.!... Sometimes our defence is like getting ready to go xmas shopping has a family... Waiting for the kids & Mrs to get their shit together so one can eventually leave the house.. Or your married kids visit you and the goodbyes before the front door take longer than the fking visit... 

That how I feel sometimes when I see our defence do an excellent job, then like my family, dither around, Putting on another pair of shoes or coat, or the goodbyes see the night settling in and you are already prepared for the quiet evening.. 

The odd pondering is OK,but must it be everytime... :tumbleweed:

Mind you if it upsets us, the OPPO must get fed up of it... Even when offered tantalisers.. 

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

It’s not rotten it’s just that some do not enjoy a possession based ‘wear teams down’ approach as it’s not so entertaining. Some prefer lightning counters, crash bang wallop with a bit of edge to it all. Nothing wrong with that, everyone is different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

The match thread has become a parody of itself and is actually quite amusing at times.  

One down to Millwall with 80 to play and some of the hysterical comments would suggest we're bottom of the league.  Those same people go very, very quiet later in the thread.   

At this point I'm assuming they're all Forest fans trolling the forum.  

A good Forest troll, to scare our kids with before bedtime... And the next Xmas story to keep them occupied, with bogey men, and kings not wearing clothes.. 

Forest trolls & Gringes... Make it all worthwhile.. 

22 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I really enjoy watching us, I love the tactical nuances and how we try to draw teams out of their shape and then look to exploit the spaces, granted this doesn’t always come off as our players aren’t yet elite level but already you can see each and every one has improved massively both technically and tactically under Maresca. Also massive credit to see a manager who can make in game tweaks to change the direction of the game and influence the result, a far cry from the last 2 years under Rodgers where we regressed so badly and had a manager who seemed to have downed tools and was so ineffective. 

Looking forward to the day Vestergaard gets there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Leeds and Southampton will not catch us even if we lose a couple in a row where they pick up form, the gap throughout the season will be 5-6 points minimum at the worst.

With almost half a season gone, we have only dropped 11 points.   Leeds are 11 points behind.   If we were to keep this form going in the second half of the season, Leeds would have to be perfect and win every single game to catch us.

Leeds are on course to become the first side to hit 90 points and NOT get automatic promotion.  lol

3 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Genuinely hope this is what stops them renewing their season tickets

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

The match thread has become a parody of itself and is actually quite amusing at times.  

One down to Millwall with 80 to play and some of the hysterical comments would suggest we're bottom of the league.  Those same people go very, very quiet later in the thread.   

At this point I'm assuming they're all Forest fans trolling the forum.  

Leads to some great Daggers content to be fair so all for it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

A good Forest troll, to scare our kids with before bedtime... And the next Xmas story to keep them occupied, with bogey men, and kings not wearing clothes.. 

Forest trolls & Gringes... Make it all worthwhile.. 

Mate, you are one of my favourite posters on here.

From your name, which looks like you were about to swear – but then abruptly fell asleep on your keyboard – to the psychedelic, long-winded, surreal way you make your points (that end up making zero sense anyway), I enjoy reading everything you write! 

Never, ever change! I'd rather have a million of you than the ones who think we play boring football and Maresca is the same as Rodgers. 

17 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Mate, you are one of my favourite posters on here.

From your name, which looks like you were about to swear – but then abruptly fell asleep on your keyboard – to the psychedelic, long-winded, surreal way you make your points (that end up making zero sense anyway), I enjoy reading everything you write! 

Never, ever change! I'd rather have a million of you than the ones who think we play boring football and Maresca is the same as Rodgers. 

I always aim to please.. Make sense.. 

This is a football forum, and not my application for Goethe Institute or Mensa... THOUGH Smithsonsian institute & Discovery Magazine have carried my wares occasionally. 

English is the best language

for flexability , baszardisation and sarcasm that there is, our great poets & scribes have made careers of not making sense..

Many have to still unveil and discover it's beauty.. German a base language still has its great quirks, but 

Jabawocki, Shakespeare, Monty Python ethos, Travellers guide to the Galaxy, & 

Marx brothers took English to other Dimensions that not even Carlsberg golden top could not replicate. 

30yrs+ with FT and you want some degree of sense.. A true Englishman wouldn't go there.. NEW PARKS, Braunstone, or Eton corridors educated. Sense & rules buried in the mists of time... An Englishmans Grammar is that wonderful lady your grandad married.. 

But he doesn't swap it or change it every 5 yrs.. And pretend we are the only custodians, that their language isn't written in fact. 

West Indian courier, or Pakistan times, makes more sense than D.Mail/express/ Sun & Mirror... 

There a friendly advice mixed with a protective rant... 

You see.. Me & MY scribe God forgave you before ink was in your Pen, or touching paper.. 

English teachers are just on the highway to Hell, they can't even confir.

Though they were my best..