Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

1 minute ago, adam said:

Poor squad management. He should of rotated more against Rotherham.

Those 2 should not be taken off in a game like that. Cost us 2 points

We have limited options a 8 due to injuries, Praet can't stay fit, Akgun has just come back from injury so isn't match fit.

So we have Hamza and Casadei.

4 points is a good return.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Potential little taster of how January might hurt us with KDH, Fatawu, Daka and co going.

The likes of Praet, Cannon, Casadei and Yunus really need to step up. It will be galling if we get to mod Feb and our lead is cut.

Hopefully Vardy will be fit by then and Daka’s form should hopefully be a blueprint for Vardy

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Potential little taster of how January might hurt us with KDH, Fatawu, Daka and co going.

The likes of Praet, Cannon, Casadei and Yunus really need to step up. It will be galling if we get to mod Feb and our lead is cut.

I’m hoping KDH ain’t African 🤞🏻

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

What if we had then dropped points against Rotherham like we did against Sheff Wed because we rotated a lot?

The subs did not cost us 2 points - it was the ridiculous amount of luck Ipswich got with 2 massive deflections on a crap shot that dropped us 2 points

Nonsense blaming luck.

We made the subs and lost complete control. The goal was coming.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric, you seem like a top bloke and I enjoy your contribution to the @BSLBPod but you you do tend towards the melodramatic after minor setbacks.  

We'll be fine in January and I'm sure we'll reinforce in the transfer window as well.  By mid Feb we'll be comfortably top.

If we aren't then you have my permission to spaghetti hoop my washing. 

Ipswich were nothing like as good a I expected yet we allowed them to cause all sorts of problems. 
I know Mavididi has had a good start but his decision making second half was terrible. Just won’t make a simple pass and instead wants to take 3 players on

subs killed us 

• Like 1

There's always two teams in a match and I think you have to sometimes give credit to the opposition also on this occasion as well as the referee.

All in all I bet none of us could have realistically have expected to be in the position we're in at Christmas back at the start on the season. It's far better than anything we could have ever reasonably expected in reality. Enjoy it, have a nice Christmas and look forward to a happy new year. I'm sure Enzo has planned for players going to Afcon for a long while and with our points lead, it gives us some degree of a safety net until players return. I'd sooner have our position and points tally than anyone else's in the division, wouldn't you?That's reality. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

There's always two teams in a match and I think you have to sometimes give credit to the opposition also on this occasion as well as the referee.

All in all I bet none of us could have realistically have expected to be in the position we're in at Christmas back at the start on the season. It's far better than anything we could have ever reasonably expected in reality. Enjoy it, have a nice Christmas and look forward to a happy new year. I'm sure Enzo has planned for players going to Afcon for a long while and with our points lead, it gives us some degree of a safety net until players return. I'd sooner have our position and points tally than anyone else's in the division, wouldn't you?That's reality. 

There's a chance that with those that have to be given game time they improve and the squad is better not worse after Afcon.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

Genuinely can't wait to see how he does when we're facing better/equal teams

Kind of weird atm, cus for all the rimming, hes getting the best team to beat other teams. Which id expect Brendan rodgers or Ian Holloway to manage.

He seems like a class bloke and seems switched on so im hoping we dont see the pathetic stuff that Kompany is serving up with Burnley

I do love reading peoples descriptions of how the best team in the league is playing the most dominant football though.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

There's a chance that with those that have to be given game time they improve and the squad is better not worse after Afcon.

Yes there is and that's a great way to look at it. If I was Akgun, Casadei or Cannon for example I'd be gagging to take my chance to prove myself and displace the others. Just look how Daka has muscled himself into the reckoning.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Kind of weird atm, cus for all the rimming, hes getting the best team to beat other teams. Which id expect Brendan rodgers or Ian Holloway to manage.

He seems like a class bloke and seems switched on so im hoping we dont see the pathetic stuff that Kompany is serving up with Burnley

I do love reading peoples descriptions of how the best team in the league is playing the most dominant football though.

It will be interesting how we do if we go up.  We will need a complete different way of playing because we won't be good enough to pass it about like peak man city.

We Will probably need at least 5 new starters if we go up as well.

Interesting times ahead.

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

This level of perspective is entirely unacceptable lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think we need (and will) another number 8, because the replacement 8's for KDH and Ndidi significantly weaken the team. Today I think Enzo should have put Hamza on in Ricardo's position and move Riccy up to be an 8 instead of either Casadei or Yunus.

I would be shock if we didn't bring in a 8 in January.

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Back fired in the end but Enzo went for control the ball subs. How many times have we criticised managers in the past for making defensive subs.

Personally think given the context of Ipswich's level of desperation, the better route would have been to introduce ball winners (like Hamza) and more pace (leave Daka on).

There was so much space to attack in behind them, and they were so determined to not lose two on the bounce that they were throwing everything at it. They were pressing hard and I don't think control the ball was the correct shout in that isolated 15 minute example.

I think if we go the Hamza/Daka route, that results in counter attacking opportunities for us. Might not result in a 2nd goal, but at the very least it relieves the pressure on our defence as they deal with the throw-ins and corners we rack up deep in their half.

Towards the end it very much felt like we were sitting deeper and deeper, waiting for the final whistle to go.

48 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I do admire your blind faith in Rodgers and Holloway. In fairness to Holloway he inherited a mess. Rodgers though was King Midas in reverse, he gradually turned everything he touched into 💩.