Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

2 hours ago, Trent Steel said:

Well he got it totally wrong today

Bit embarrassing really 

People already cumming hard about Leeds after earlier result ... dont fvck.it up Leicester please....

We created at least four of the easiest clear cut chance’s you will see all season, and unbelievably missed them all. 
Leeds match won’t define our season, it could define theirs. Let’s try and be positive! I know it’s Foxestalk, but we are in a great position. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

We created at least four of the easiest clear cut chance’s you will see all season, and unbelievably missed them all. 
Leeds match won’t define our season, it could define theirs. Let’s try and be positive! I know it’s Foxestalk, but we are in a great position. 

Absolutely agree it's been a great season but now teams around us are stepping on the gas and we seem to keep fvcking it up

I actually think we have been quite lucky so far but now it's time to step up. We will see how it goes against Leeds or if we keep playing the 100 passes at the back and then giving it away which causes personal mistakes

I expect Enzo to get the lads fired up in training this week.  Play a bit more direct and select the right players and stop foolishly giving he ball to their midfielders in our half and we can win or at least get a point 

• Haha 1

I know for a few,this is boring but today,

this season needs to be taken in fine fine,context..

Enzo. First season,squad first season,System first season

well actually not full season but still 13 games to go..

..Look!! At the present table,and where we are,

What THEY have achieved

A few days ago an high % on FT,were bragging their way through their britches.

and we were proud has those same britches how  Enzo and squad had turned

our fortunes!!
Easy to shout when everything is cosy…

Now in such situations, this is when support & encouragement count…

Time to see how far we have come and if we have that

bouncebackability gene.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

His subs have always worried me, said it throughout this thread and again today…. A striker on yet playing left wing?

We played much better after the subs - all the front four changes brought some pace and energy that had been lacking at times.

I'm more concerned about the performances of his first choice players - fatawu must have overhit every cross or shot he attempted, mavididi did nothing, KDH looked knackered and was way off form, and daka wasted the best chance of the game at a crucial moment.  And Praet is this years tielemans - yunus actually looked like he was fighting for his place.

It feels like his policy of rotation has dried up and now players are getting away with inconsistencies, perhaps not through complacency, maybe just through fatigue, but i feel like we need to start mixing things up a bit, there has been noticeable signs of staleness in certain games.

37 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Would be interested to know the thinking behind Cannon on the wing. Poor fella didn’t have a clue what was going on. 

Agreed. It concerned me that we stuck a striker put wide then ignored him for 15 minutes,  tbf to the lad he created a few chances. Daka was poor for me today, the ball bounced off him so much, I think Cannon or Vards should've started but that's hindsight 

43 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Keep? When do we 'keep' ****ing up? 

We'll play against Leeds the way we always play under Maresca, thank God. No need to screw around with new, untested formations and styles in such an important game. 

Have we not made stupid mistakes and given about 6 points away in the dying minutes ?.maybe more?

Edited by Trent Steel

53 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Absolutely agree it's been a great season but now teams around us are stepping on the gas and we seem to keep fvcking it up

I actually think we have been quite lucky so far but now it's time to step up. We will see how it goes against Leeds or if we keep playing the 100 passes at the back and then giving it away which causes personal mistakes

I expect Enzo to get the lads fired up in training this week.  Play a bit more direct and select the right players and stop foolishly giving he ball to their midfielders in our half and we can win or at least get a point 

What do we “keep” fking up..

A traitor within…again that “ lucky sign” being bantered around..

A game we lost,so we change direction,run for cover and cry Boooo!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoodyFox said:

Would be interested to know the thinking behind Cannon on the wing. Poor fella didn’t have a clue what was going on. 

Not sure if their RB had been identified  as week from crosses but first half fatawu was hitting long crosses over to Mavidididi.

My thought was maybe that cannon was to attack those same crosses from out widest the back post.

1 minute ago, Trent Steel said:

All I meant was in the Sheffield Wednesday game and both Ipswich games. All were last few mins goals which turned into draws All from. Silly mistakes at back of midfield / defence

Those 6 points may prove vital in the end

Two deflections. Do you watch our games? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Be nice even just for half hour to see our wingers on opposite sides for a change, instead of just crossing it and it going out for a goal kick 

Why? Is this obvious question. Yeah, they can probably blame on the opposite wing, but what the benefit to the team? Feel like we're nitpicking for the sake of it. 

Defensively this season, we've been solid, because we control the ball and make controlled attacks. Since the Swansea game where the gerrit forward crowd peed off Enzo, it seems like our style of play did become more attacking. 

Today I thought our issues were that our team play was struggling due to too many players having an off day, and we pushed up too high leaving too much space behind, perhaps being too attacking. Today was a day to be more methodical and choose our moments and we didn't do that, perhaps the gerrit forward was the wrong thing to do.

Did we see a nod to a plan b at the end there with balls being lumped into the box and Vestergaard staying up.

Sadly didn’t work as other than Vestergaard we don’t have any height and everything was being comfortably dealt with and then unfortunately the focal point for these balls is not aggressive enough at attacking a ball and prefers the ball to come to him, Souttar would be a better option in that instance but then can he do the feet work?

We might need this tactic next season but on todays showing it didn’t work.

Shock as humans make mistakes.

Every team in the world makes them. 

That’s football.

If we didn’t make them, we’d be the greatest team ever. 

We are more consistent than every other team in this league. 

I will say it again. Today was an off day and we’d have won that game 8 out of 10 times.

We go again on Friday. 

Chin up, no need to cry over split milk. What is done is done. 

LETS BEAT BLOODY LEEDS! 

• Like 2