Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

It’s frustrating that there is no plan B, especially when today we were missing 2 players integral to the system in Ricardo and Vestergaard. 

I like Enzo, and I like his philosophy, but he does have a Brendan-like stubbornness about him, I’ve been thinking it ever since his “if people doubt the idea, I’ll leave” comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

It’s frustrating that there is no plan B, especially when today we were missing 2 players integral to the system in Ricardo and Vestergaard. 

I like Enzo, and I like his philosophy, but he does have a Brendan-like stubbornness about him, I’ve been thinking it ever since his “if people doubt the idea, I’ll leave” comment.

I agree with most of this (his philosophy/brand of football regardless of it working or not when actually implemented is drab as hell in its nature / as a by product) 

His stubbornness could be our Achilles heel when a different approach is needed, say when we are chasing a game or we are being put under needless pressure with his insistence of patience build up play when a team is really putting up under the cosh when they in turn are chasing the game (something Enzo ball IMO hinders us doing to a degree)

His I'll leave comment does actually pi55 me off.

No one is bigger than the club and he's acting a bit arrogant and like a petulant child with his choice of wording  So if that's what you really feel mate. Jog on then princess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The quality of that eleven who had to play the majority of that game don’t have the parts of their ability to make that system work. You can’t put someone like Hamza in an inverted role against a side who put ten men behind the ball and expect him to be threading balls through. You’ve gotta edit the plan 

• Like 1

We've got ourselves into a four way fight now and simply playing this patient style to wear down the opposition will not be enough to get us over the line. Many of the teams we've played this season were so intimidated by us that they'd lost before the whistle blew, but our cloak of invincibily has now gone. Enzo needs to have a more flexible approach including route one if need be and be prepared to modify our tactics and adapt within a game. We also need to be able to fight, win ugly and show greater urgency and mental strength. Unfortunately Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton have shown that they have more of these qualities. My biggest fear is that Enzo lacks the experience to change the momentum shift that has occured over the last three games. The chasers will taste blood and we could be heading towards the lottery of the playoffs!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SixtiesFox said:

We've got ourselves into a four way fight now and simply playing this patient style to wear down the opposition will not be enough to get us over the line. Many of the teams we've played this season were so intimidated by us that they'd lost before the whistle blew, but our cloak of invincibily has now gone. Enzo needs to have a more flexible approach including route one if need be and be prepared to modify our tactics and adapt within a game. We also need to be able to fight, win ugly and show greater urgency and mental strength. Unfortunately Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton have shown that they have more of these qualities. My biggest fear is that Enzo lacks the experience to change the momentum shift that has occured over the last three games. The chasers will taste blood and we could be heading towards the lottery of the playoffs!  

It’s very transparent to all now. This final stint is going to be painful. We still might manage it, but it’s not going to be a comfortable finish and we sure as shit aren’t breaking Readings points record

• Like 2

He'll get a wake up call now. Every game.es a battle at this end of the season. Qpr were crap but fought for survival. I feel we play too arrogantly. 

Ipswich and Leeds have more fight and desire..  3rd for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

He'll get a wake up call now. Every game.es a battle at this end of the season. Qpr were crap but fought for survival. I feel we play too arrogantly. 

Ipswich and Leeds have more fight and desire..  3rd for us.

4th is possible mate. 

If Enzo can’t sort this problem out, we’re going to get absolutely decimated in the Prem

48 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Still think he's doing a good job, but it's fair to say that in-game management is not his forte. 

It's literally his first season as a manager. 25 wins so far suggests he's not that bad at it.

Edited by jim5000

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Under Ranners and Pearson the substitutes made a positive impact on the game.

Enzos are making a negative impact. Cannon into midfield is diabolical. The game was crying out for Albrighton.

Absolutely!!!!

Marc is being underused. Just clinging on for Fatawu to fire one into top bins. Don’t get me wrong, I like Abdul, but it’s more luck than skill. Marc and Vardy together would’ve bought the magic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Absolutely!!!!

Marc is being underused. Just clinging on for Fatawu to fire one into top bins. Don’t get me wrong, I like Abdul, but it’s more luck than skill. Marc and Vardy together would’ve bought the magic.

We were crossing the ball with two wingers who can't cross to short forwards.

Id trust Albrighton to read that properly and put low, hard balls in.

Underused by Enzo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s very transparent to all now. This final stint is going to be painful. We still might manage it, but it’s not going to be a comfortable finish and we sure as shit aren’t breaking Readings points record

This is not good for my mental health!

I feel so shit after any defeat, but our recent defeat has got me fearing the worst. It would be more acceptable if we weren’t spunking up should a large advantage. God I am hating this right now!!!!!!😡

Edited by Lad1966
Spelling

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

4th is possible mate. 

If Enzo can’t sort this problem out, we’re going to get absolutely decimated in the Prem

If he don't sort the problem out you don't need to worry about the premiership because we won't be there pal

1 minute ago, Lad1966 said:

This is not good for my mental health!

I feel so shit after any defeat, but our recent defeat has got me fearing the worst. It would be more acceptable if we were spunking up should a large advantage. God I am hating this right now!!!!!!😡

I don’t mind losing against a good team. But Boro and QPR… Jesus 

System just wears out the midfield now that every team has analysed how we play. still beat crap teams, but that's about it.

Afraid he is too stubborn to do anything different, got a touch of the Rodgers about him

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Still think he's doing a good job, but it's fair to say that in-game management is not his forte. 

I think some expect us to have the perfect manager which simply doesn't exist. Not in the league anyways they all have their flaws

• Like 2

3 losses in a row, the 2 previous to today didn't really concern but today does.

Are we predictable, have we been found out, are we easy to play against.

Learn and adapt, that's all I ask.

• Like 1

Must say, the poor subs to change the dynamic are grating me. To leave Albrighton and even Wanya on the bench when Mavididi was having such a shocker was beyond me. Way too late to put Cannon on too. 

It’s less about “not having a plan b” and more about a stubbornness to deviate from “the idea”.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Must say, the poor subs to change the dynamic are grating me. To leave Albrighton and even Wanya on the bench when Mavididi was having such a shocker was beyond me. Way too late to put Cannon on too. 

It’s less about “not having a plan b” and more about a stubbornness to deviate from “the idea”.

Enzo has said if we criticise his style of play and don't like it he will leave.

Carry on being so stubborn he may be pushed if we don't go up.