Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

39 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

There’s definitely been an arrogance from a large section of fans that if you aren’t fully sold on the tactics or even dislike them, then you’re just too stupid to understand them. 
Our league position is great and we’ve had a big turnaround in fortunes, but there seems to be this consensus (on here atleast) that we are only top because of Enzos system, and that we couldn’t be top with any other. 

I like Enzo and I’m accepting his system is here to stay until the day he goes, so I’ve found more enjoyment in it, but I just wish he would be a bit more pragmatic, too many occasions this year we would have imo absolutely rolled teams over if we had adopted a different way of playing. (And no, I don’t mean route one before anyone assumes) 

Bit of arrogance too towards other teams and managers. 

• Like 1

Its the stubborness we seem to always to get with managers we recruit. Pearson, Puel, Brendan and now this guy.

I get and respect he has a style of play that he wants to instill and thats his philsophy. Problem is he isnt at Man City any more where they have 2 world class players for each position.

He is in the championship and hes been rumbled, if he does not adapt we may, just may sneak up any way which leads to its own challenge of him looking like Kompany next year in the prem. If we dont go up i can see him walking or being fired.

Edited by m4DD0gg

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I just hope this is happening early enough for us to have time to rectify it.

I think that's the likeliest scenario here.

But right now,.it doesn't look as  if we will ever win again. If we can't win when totally outclassing Leeds, and we can't win when playing poorly (like Ipswich do every week) ...when do we win? 

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Bit of arrogance too towards other teams and managers. 

Being top of the league for so long can be a blessing and a curse. I do think plenty believed the "best team ever in the championship and record points" hype and complacency set in forgetting no one runs to the summit of a mountain. You still have to climb the last few hundred metres.. 

Let’s also not make this just as us thing, Leeds today did not deserve a draw, they had an opponent sent off and they laboured to a draw. The “top two” both shat the bed this weekend. Ipswich, fair play, you have clearly sacrificed a large number of Suffolk virgins for the cause, but my word, your results are impressive.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Let’s also not make this just as us thing, Leeds today did not deserve a draw, they had an opponent sent off and they laboured to a draw. The “top two” both shat the bed this weekend. Ipswich, fair play, you have clearly sacrificed a large number of Suffolk virgins for the cause, but my word, your results are impressive.

This is statistically impossible 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He did say “it is what it is” again though. Cheers for that.

The cop-out cliche of our times. Hate it.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We’re crying out for 3-5-2. 

We don’t have the personnel to play with two wing-backs. 

I don’t think it’s the system that’s the issue as we wouldn’t be where we are so far if it was the problem, but more recently it’s been the execution of it. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you are happy to besmirch the good name of regional virgins then do not let me stop you.

They're a different breed south of the river Waveney. Not like us North Folk who leave our sisters well alone.

Guest Col city fan

I said at the start of the season, if you expected us to win every game, you are mad.

Today's loss was possibly the worst of the season but I think we’ll still win the league 

We are having our blip. I doubt it’ll continue.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ipswich must have a fantastic scouting team.

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Only we could hire an Italian version of Rodgers. I hope I’m completely wrong but it’s very worrying. 

Bit harsh on Rodgers to be fair. Yes we fell off the cliff with him but he got us two trophies, 2 european campaigns (yes they should've been champions league) but we over achieved for years, then dived.

Enzos had the biggest budget a championship teams ever had and has achieved nothing so far.

I like the guy, and most of the time the style.. but lately it's not worked.. if we aren't 100% on it we're too easy to play against.. proven today. Needs to get his head out the clouds are work out his 'philosophy' isn't working. Bags of experience in the squad.. use it 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I said at the start of the season, if you expected us to win every game, you are mad.

Today's loss was possibly the worst of the season but I think we’ll still win the league 

We are having our blip. I doubt it’ll continue.

May I ask what it is that persuades you to feel that way? After three successive defeats, each more painful than the one before?

Blind faith?

5 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

Our club captain is a criminal 😂

Tells you all you need to know about our club right now. 

We won the title with a "criminal" in the team

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

May I ask what it is that persuades you to feel that way? After three successive defeats, each more painful than the one before?

Blind faith?

Not at all

I know this division isn’t easy to get out of and a number of sides have worked out how we play.

The Leeds game we had in the bag, if either Mavi or Daka had taken their chances. If we’d gone two up, I doubt they’d have made that up.

But we have a really strong squad at this level, a very cultured manager and are still top of the league.

No need yet for doom and gloom. This is football, it happens