Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

no disrespect to enzo but hes got to adapt his tactics more

we look so slow and laboured at times, need to be more clinical and direct(either long passes etc) with passes

we can do that shit later on when we losing, do it earlier on too ffs

Edited by FrankieADZ

On 07/04/2024 at 16:51, Paninistickers said:

Manager has lots to learn. The modern phrase is having finishers. Bringing on the talent / strength / intelligence / legs of a combined JJ, Hamza, Dennis, Vards etc is far too much for an opponent hanging on..for me, again, he left us exposed between 65 and 75 - 80 mins by not making changes. 

Tempo. The players have thrown themselves into it out of pure desperation and the crowd responds. 

Hopefully somewhere else. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

I’m being patient as asked to be, maybe we’ll score ten or fifteen minutes after the game has ended :dunno:

The irony being of course, that the game went pear shaped when we lost our patience and started to commit our backline into their half. More patience would have served us well in a game like tonight. 

When you set up a low block, your one hope at winning a game is that the opposition loses patience and discipline. 

Colour me shocked, our fans would make poor managers.

• Like 2

If you can’t win a game, dont lose it. 

At least 6-7 of the losses could so easily have been draws. 

These tactics are killing us.

Any average championship manager would get this side promoted. 

• Like 2

i've been a big supporter of enzo and still am, but tonight he got it totally wrong and, even worse, didn't change things when it was clear that he'd føkked it up.  and then to really hammer home his failings, took off the one bright spark (yunus) and left on the worst player on the field (ndidi).  surely the logical choice would have been to take off ndidi, switch KDH back to the left and yunus to the right #8 spot?  the substitution did nothing.

Whatever he thought he saw to cause him to flip the #8's clearly wasn't right - and even if it was justified, ndidi is not a natural #8 on the right, but on the left he barely qualifies as a footballer - so instead of that wonderful kdh/doyle/mavididi triangle we saw last week, we ended up with all three players completely isolated with an ndidi-sized hole in the middle.  

Still, as with pretty much every loss this season we still had enough opportunities to blow the game wide open but that old chestnut of 'poor final ball and poor finishing' reared it's ugly head again.

Right I'm just going to say it.  I don't really care about the results anymore, I just want to be entertained when I'm watching us play football.

I don't care with if we are playing Maidstone or Manchester City.  I'll follow the club to my last day.  

But I want to be entertained.  Why would I want to watch something that puts me to sleep win, lose or draw?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

The irony being of course, that the game went pear shaped when we lost our patience and started to commit our backline into their half. More patience would have served us well in a game like tonight. 

When you set up a low block, your one hope at winning a game is that the opposition loses patience and discipline. 

Colour me shocked, our fans would make poor managers.

Every single time we have played poorly or lost, you've tried to convince everyone it's because we deviated away from Enzoball and you've tried to blame the fans on most of those occasions lol
I respect you and your opinions, but this is like a cult lol

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

no disrespect to enzo but hes got to adapt his tactics more

we look so slow and laboured at times, need to be more clinical and direct(either long passes etc) with passes

we can do that shit later on when we losing, do it earlier on too ffs

Unfortunately, that's what he did, by inverting the number 8s - a case of trying to fix something that (last two games) wasn't broken.

I hate this brand of football, it's slow, boring and terrible to watch

We need to speed up our attacks and for goodness sake get some shots in

Would rather lose 3-2 like Ipswich than meek 1-0 losses

We'll win more than we lose

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Enzoball is back, was worried we wouldn’t see it again after the excitement of the Norwich game.

Norwich are a completely different proposition. Always going to be a more aesthetically pleasing football match. 

Frankly I'm amazed we've performed as well as we have against the poor teams in this division. We do not have the technicians required to unlock a defensive unit. Neither do Leeds, it would seem.

Our next transfer needs to be a technically gifted central player. A pound shop De Bruyne.

Think there's always major overreactions to him on here, but the Ndidi/KDH side swap today was baffling and obviously didn't work from the get go. Should have been changed after 20 minutes.

I like Enzo, I admire his principles but regardless of where we are next season, I think we can make a major improvement on our manager.

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

i've been a big supporter of enzo and still am, but tonight he got it totally wrong and, even worse, didn't change things when it was clear that he'd føkked it up.  and then to really hammer home his failings, took off the one bright spark (yunus) and left on the worst player on the field (ndidi).  surely the logical choice would have been to take off ndidi, switch KDH back to the left and yunus to the right #8 spot?  the substitution did nothing.

Whatever he thought he saw to cause him to flip the #8's clearly wasn't right - and even if it was justified, ndidi is not a natural #8 on the right, but on the left he barely qualifies as a footballer - so instead of that wonderful kdh/doyle/mavididi triangle we saw last week, we ended up with all three players completely isolated with an ndidi-sized hole in the middle.  

Still, as with pretty much every loss this season we still had enough opportunities to blow the game wide open but that old chestnut of 'poor final ball and poor finishing' reared it's ugly head again.

Whilst this is true, It's also true for pretty much all of our opponents this season, we are VERY lucky to have such a good defensive record. 

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

If you can’t win a game, dont lose it. 

At least 6-7 of the losses could so easily have been draws. 

These tactics are killing us.

Any average championship manager would get this side promoted. 

This for me is our biggest problem! We ain’t got the minerals to turn losses into draws.

Reason is our players are soft mentally and physically and the tactics Enzo adopts even when chasing games.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Norwich are a completely different proposition. Always going to be a more aesthetically pleasing football match. 

Frankly I'm amazed we've performed as well as we have against the poor teams in this division. We do not have the technicians required to unlock a defensive unit. Neither do Leeds, it would seem.

Our next transfer needs to be a technically gifted central player. A pound shop De Bruyne.

Genuinely curious if you have anyone in mind? 

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Right I'm just going to say it.  I don't really care about the results anymore, I just want to be entertained when I'm watching us play football.

I don't care with if we are playing Maidstone or Manchester City.  I'll follow the club to my last day.  

But I want to be entertained.  Why would I want to watch something that puts me to sleep win, lose or draw?

Word of advice. Don't watch games when the top teams play away from home against teams fighting for survival.