Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

Can't seem to edit my post above for whatever reason.

But also, don't worry Enzo, yesterday was positively like watching on fast forward compared to the dirge we've been accustomed to watching. (Even at the start of the second half)

20 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Early days, but I get the impression as wel that he’s more outspoken and doesn’t sugar coat things. As an example, in one of LCFCTV interviews were the questions are ridiculously loaded he had one about how fit the players and how good the tour has been… he started his response with “Anyway… it is what it is, I’m doing the best in the midst of this circus.” The bit in Italics I am paraphrasing, but he’s not like a Rodgers that talks in vague Brentisms or someone who gives on the fence non answers. Even today when asked about McAteer, he said was good but he needs to be braver. Honesty and not some bullshit PR answer is so refreshing. He seems like a pretty black and white kinda guy.

In fairness Rodgers was excellent at slagging off the players publicly 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who on earth was frustrated, impatient or moaning about yesterday?!

Yeah we didn’t come out in the second half firing at the start of the half but we got back up to speed and turned it around.

Even I as an advocate against possession based football (the slow, laborious, type of nonsense of what we’ve seen in the last few years - which is totally different to what we saw yesterday) enjoyed and having nothing against how we played yesterday!

It was fast, it was forward, it was exciting and attacking!

There were a couple of times where I thought Hermansen could have played quicker, there are times where its needed to slow the game down but there was one instance where Mavididi was free and needed playing quickly but that is literally my only criticism - even at that it’s no biggy.

Not a sideways ball, backwards balls, notepad or silly clap in sight.

The juries still out whether it continues but based on yesterday, I can’t say anything against it.

All I heard around me yesterday when we were doing our slow, patient build up was people yelling ‘Get it forward’ then must of the time 3 or 4 passes later we’d broke through the lines after said patient build up. Was bloody frustrating!

• Like 3

On 05/08/2023 at 21:58, LinekersLugs said:

read it again and know this 

the journalist thinks Enzo is captain Manering

that will give you a 100% different slant on the article

He couldn’t wait to get the digs in on Twitter post match!

6 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

LL with his ears to the deck judging from the journalists bitter tweets post match 

I have drank with him and also knew what he was trying to do in that article .. Pep roasted this lad in the car park at man citys training ground once and the numpty reported Pep to the Premier league 😂😂😂

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

He is vile, Enzo is a marked man, but still people read that initial article and thought it was a positive slant , it was dripping in sarcasm and set up 

@Ric Flair you need to get that particular journalist on your podcast 😂😂

Just with him or others aswell do you know?

Guest lcfc80
1 hour ago, Simmo86 said:

All I heard around me yesterday when we were doing our slow, patient build up was people yelling ‘Get it forward’ then must of the time 3 or 4 passes later we’d broke through the lines after said patient build up. Was bloody frustrating!

Had the same in the east stand, people moaning about watching the same as when rodgers was here. not sure what they were watching tbh

It didn’t seem slow and ponderous at all. The way we moved through the thirds was rapid and very exciting. There will be plenty of times this season where we are up against 11 behind the ball and it will be hard work but it won’t be boring by design under Maresca. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

He is vile, Enzo is a marked man, but still people read that initial article and thought it was a positive slant , it was dripping in sarcasm and set up 

The guy works for the Daily Mail. Automatically makes his opinion and anything he writes complete and utter baseless garbage 

Edited by Big_Nige
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Hahaha he's actually interacted a fair bit at the back end of last season with a few of the lads on the pod. I will enquire, very interested how he can have such an opinion on Maresca yet. None of us really know what he'll do.

I think we rode our luck defensively and again looked vulnerable from set plays, with similar faults on show that we have seen all too long from certain players. 

I am not sure Coady alone can come in and change that. 

I hope Enzo can finally get to grips with why we are so poor at the back. I am all for a new style of football, but keeping the ball and attacking tactics will be pointless, if we concede so easily whenever there is a corner or freekick. 

Hope to see us begin to tighten up at the back over the next few games. 

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

In the period after we went a goal down I heard plenty of audible moans and groans around me. I actually think your giving them too much credit to suggest it's because they aren't used to the type of football or some sort of cultural thing. I grew up watching city in the 90s and new managers were definitely given more than 45 minutes of their first game before people started audibly moaning at the players. 

These people are some of the most negative, toxic and miserable individuals we have following the club you can find plenty of their like in match threads having a complete melt down at the first little bump in the road. The worst thing is that after the last 11 months or so they feel like their entire outlook has been vindicated and to a certain extent it was, the club from top to bottom really was as shit as they've been saying it is for years. That's why Sundays result was so important hopefully these big entitled babies will tow the line for a few more weeks at least and give Enzo and the player a bit of time to bed in. 

It's the way of the world now. Happening at all clubs and in society in general. It makes going to games pretty unbearable at times. 

That's why, like you say, a win was so important yesterday. Enzo needs some wins on the board early so he can keep the most impatient, toxic fans quiet. 

We have a nice run of games now, so hopefully we can put another few wins on the board and get this positive hype train going! 

• Like 2

I thought the speed we were winning it back in the first half an hour was really impressive. I think there'll be the odd game where we've got it sewn up by about the 20th minute by going 2/3 up. We will go at teams quickly. But this of course will need fresh attacking signings to actually come to fruition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha he's actually interacted a fair bit at the back end of last season with a few of the lads on the pod. I will enquire, very interested how he can have such an opinion on Maresca yet. None of us really know what he'll do.

Sounds to me like he's catching strays because he doesn't like Pep. It is quite interesting how differently that article reads when you know this.

• Like 1