Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

I still think we’ll finish top 2. Which was my prediction before the season started. I do agree that at times we pass the ball sideways and backwards instead of going forward. I would like a bit more flexibility from Maresca  in making changes tactically rather than just changing the personal. Playing 2 upfront especially when we’re chasing the game like yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

I have no idea who is off on international duty honestly! I just can't imagine many have impressed enough in the past 12 months to be in demand for their national teams

Can’t be bothered to go around the houses and look but I’d imagine Hermansen, Faes, Doyle, Casadei, Kel, Ndidi, Fatawu and possibly Akgun are all off. 

Hopefully I’m wrong and you’re right we can get to work!

15 hours ago, sbfox said:

Is this sarcasm? When has Vardy ever worked well with a strike partner? Neither Kels or Vardy should be starting and I expect Cannon to be starting as our sole striker very soon. 

442 is so rigid and inflexible and not something that you really see anymore. You can't high press with that system, you can't pass around teams with it and most managers nowadays will overload the midfield once they see two CMs there. 

Neither Vardy or kels should be starting? 

We currently have 3 strikers who would get into half of premier league starting line ups but to some of our fans they aren’t good enough? Vardy, Kels, Daka are all better strikers than Cannon. Cannon is a decent future prospect but he’s currently not at the others level.

The main reason we should get promoted this year is due to the excess quality of our squad. If we don’t go up this or next year the quality of our squad will start dwindling and we’ll become another team like Watford, Blackburn, Sunderland

There’s no way Cannon should start over the other 3 I guarantee he’s not at the level yet. 

18 hours ago, westernpark said:

Winks has been our best player this season. He’s integral to how we play.

Mendy would have brought more energy than winks and he could pass.

Perhaps could have slotted in along side him.He starred for Senegal yet not got a club yet?He would be integral in the Championship for us.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Mendy would have brought more energy than winks and he could pass.

Perhaps could have slotted in along side him.He starred for Senegal yet not got a club yet?He would be integral in the Championship for us.

Yeah I think Winks is fine as per energy, but that’s bang on regarding Mendy. He would have been very decent in the championship in that role.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yeah I think Winks is fine as per energy, but that’s bang on regarding Mendy. He would have been very decent in the championship in that role.

He's a free agent we could still get in, but I think Enzo has earmarked Hamza for that role.

I’ve noticed there is a bit of hatred developing by towards Enzo from some fans….. some of the people around me can’t stand him, my brother hates him for no reason….. I just fear that he will end up being pushed out the door because the fans won’t be patient with him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve noticed there is a bit of hatred developing by towards Enzo from some fans….. some of the people around me can’t stand him, my brother hates him for no reason….. I just fear that he will end up being pushed out the door because the fans won’t be patient with him.

Tell your brother to stop being a knobend.... 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You said no reason, but he must be able to explain why? Surely just can't hate him for existing. The man is beautiful. Got to at least appreciate his smile.

I'm not seeing hatred around me, but just unrest at not being able to break the teams down more easily. I think after so much time of Brendan ball (and its ultimate relegation) has made people a little weary of this strategy. Until is clicks, people are going to be restless. 

• Like 4

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-boss-liam-rosenior-8723587

Hull City boss Liam Rosenior piles praise on Leicester City after shock win
Latest Leicester City news from LeicestershireLive as Foxes beaten for the first time this campaign

ByBruna Reis
10:04, 3 SEP 2023
Hull City boss Liam Rosenior
Hull City boss Liam Rosenior (Image: Cameron Smith/Getty Images)

Hull City boss Liam Rosenior admits he couldn't be a prouder coach after his team were able to put a stop to an outstanding Leicester City side.

City's winning run of four games ended at the King Power Stadium. Liam Delap's deflected first-half strike proved to be the difference between the sides in a game of few chances.

Debutant Abdul Fatawu did have the best chance for City but was unable to convert it. Enzo Maresca's side struggled to test the Tigers' goalkeeper Matt Ingram.

It was Hull's third win in five games as they top sixth-place. Rosenior was left pleased with his side's performance against what he described a "magnificent club."

"We’re playing an incredible team, a magnificent club in a big stadium," he said post-match. "If we’d have conceded in the last minute, I’d have been just as proud of the group.

"We came here with bravery, we were fearless and wanted to play our way, and that’s why I’m so proud of the players. We changed our press because they’re an outstanding team and I wanted to take the rhythm away from them.

"Once Leicester get rhythm, it’s very difficult to stop them. The players, in terms of the tactical detail, their understanding and application, to put it into practice and be as brave as we were in possession and at the end throw our bodies on the line, I couldn’t be a prouder coach."

After scoring the winner, Delap was singled out for praise. "Wherever he is on the pitch, Liam is a threat," Rosenior added.

"I felt in transition he would cause issues from the right and if we got him one-for-one in a wide area, he’d cause them problems. It allowed me to play Aaron (Connolly) through the middle so we had two quick ones on the pitch.

"Leicester play a good style of football but they’re open, like we are at times, in transition, so to have two quick ones up there gave us an extra threat."

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is cannon involved internationally? 

Ireland U21 international. 

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Can’t be bothered to go around the houses and look but I’d imagine Hermansen, Faes, Doyle, Casadei, Kel, Ndidi, Fatawu and possibly Akgun are all off. 

Hopefully I’m wrong and you’re right we can get to work!

Fatawu thankfully isn’t. Reads as though Nigeria might rest a few because they have already qualified too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

You have to realise a good majority of our fan base would have had Dyche in last season.

They also think we can go back 2015/116and play the same way, failing to realise we had 3 world class players which made it work.

I think the club is committed to the new project and that's the most important thing.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

You said no reason, but he must be able to explain why? Surely just can't hate him for existing. The man is beautiful. Got to at least appreciate his smile.

I'm not seeing hatred around me, but just unrest at not being able to break the teams down more easily. I think after so much time of Brendan ball (and its ultimate relegation) has made people a little weary of this strategy. Until is clicks, people are going to be restless

I think you have just hit the nail on the head.

At times ( well a high percentage of the time if we are honest) the similarities are apparent, we are slow and ponderous at times but I'm hoping our tempo and creative effectiveness well improve as we edge nearer to the point of it "finally clicking"

Brendanball was IMO clueless possession for the sake of it with no idea what to do with the possession.

Only time will tell if 'Enzo's Idea' pans out differently. I hope it does, and the entertainment factor increases as a by product, as possession based football personally bores me to death big time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

The line of 'best ever start, 4 wins from 5 games' is incredibly weak and binary. 

There are plenty on here who've been calling it out for weeks that a defeat is coming and to fix the issues before it happens. 

The dogged persistence with a formula is for weak teams, not strong. Weak teams need a default formula to cling on tom We need to be let off the leash. There were the first signs yesterday when the Lisbon lad came on and crowd and players alike were looking to give him the ball at any opportunity. 

The persistence with the wide lads -  Macateer (who was ok yesterday) tbf, Mavdidi (who's weak all roind) and the Turkish lad (looks.limited) - all  aren't at the same level as the rest of the players  is costing us. The persistence with only having one gear is costing us. 

It isn't a crime to play two up top. It isn't a crime to play overlapping or under lapping fullbacks. 

It is a bit "European semi" of two years back although I do also appreciate there was quite a bit of scope for it to go wrong so I would've taken this points tally. I had us to get 11 points from that first 5.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

You can't have an objective conversation on this forum anymore because any slight criticism of the club or areas for improvement are jumped on by the same old posters who deny any problems exist. Was the same under Rodgers too. Complete and utter denial of any issues. 

Nobody's calling for Maresca's head are they? They're simply pointing out that this kind of result was due after the nature of some/all of our wins this season. Certain players really struggle with ball retention and our creation of high end chances are slim. Choose to ignore it all you like but there's discussions to be had

It's really boring. Nuance not allowed on here.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Leeds only drew 0-0 with Sheffield Wednesday, who were bottom before today without a point. That’s as poor as our result.

Hull are 6th - it's hardly an equally poor result.

• Like 1