Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Your Best and Worst Loan XI of All Time.

I forgot just how mad and unlucky we were with keepers in the League One season. Easily brushed over in the scheme of things, but five keepers being used in one season must be close to a league record? :blink:

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Really? I don't remember it like that at all. 

Obviously his debut off the bench v Sheff Utd was a nightmare for all concerned but he played a pretty big part in our brilliant run towards the end of the season.

Scored the winner v Watford on the last day and played well at Wembley winning the penalty too.

Everyone I knew was desperate for us to sign him permanently.

8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat and promotion after that Sheff Utd debut. He pretty much turned our season around.

• Like 2

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

8 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat and promotion after that Sheff Utd debut. He pretty much turned our season around.

Obviously Claridge came into form and Lennon and Watts had signed too.

From what I remember about Izzet at that time was the overwhelming positivity everyone felt about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Obviously Claridge came into form and Lennon and Watts had signed too.

From what I remember about Izzet at that time was the overwhelming positivity everyone felt about him.

I remember seeing quite a few or our fans wearing a fez at games during his loan spell lol He was an instant fan favourite.

• Like 1

Best 

Bunny

Huth 

Hobbs

Kenton

Gilbert

Tielemans

Muzzy

Cleverley

Lookman 

The Yak

Dyer

*Some are included because of something associated with them, not necessarily that they were better players. For example: 🎵 Tommy Cleverley - Cleverley 🎶 I loved that song when I was drunk. 

Worst

Ikeme 

Davis 

McGivern

Bruce

Brown

Astrid

Jarrett

Bell

Laczkó

Bobby Tits the Brazilian wunderkind

Bori

Just now, Daggers said:

Best 

Bunny

Huth 

Hobbs

Kenton

Gilbert

Tielemans

Muzzy

Cleverley

Lookman 

The Yak

Dyer

*Some are included because of something associated with them, not necessarily that they were better players. For example: 🎵 Tommy Cleverley - Cleverley 🎶 I loved that song when I was drunk. 

Worst

Ikeme 

Davis 

McGivern

Bruce

Brown

Astrid

Jarrett

Bell

Laczkó

Bori

If I could pick Brown eleven times for the worst team I would’ve, the Nazi shitter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Best 

Bunny

Huth 

Hobbs

Kenton

Gilbert

Tielemans

Muzzy

Cleverley

Lookman 

The Yak

Dyer

Worst

Ikeme 

Davis 

McGivern

Bruce

Brown

Astrid

Jarrett

Bell

Laczkó

Bori

McGivern is seared into my memory.

The slowest 19-year-old I've ever seen play football when Jimmy Kebe absolutely bullied him. He's in his thirties now and playing in Northern Ireland; I can only imagine his pace being glacial. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bilo said:

McGivern is seared into my memory.

The slowest 19-year-old I've ever seen play football when Jimmy Kebe absolutely bullied him. He's in his thirties now and playing in Northern Ireland; I can only imagine his pace being glacial. 

Vestergaard > Soumaré > McGivern