Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXSE

LCFC FINED £880K....

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's basically an agreement with JD sports to not undercut the official LCFC clothing store on kit prices.

I’m not defending the club as obviously been found guilty of this but don’t that happen anyway, last season on the Adidas site the shirts was £80 and £63 in the club shop and not just ours but any teams football shirts are almost always excluded from any promotional discounts on sites like Adidas/Nike/Sports Direct

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

It's basically an agreement with JD sports to not undercut the official LCFC clothing store on kit prices.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Deliberately made it impossible to charge less for our shirts so that people would go through the official site where they keep more of the profit. 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Stopping JD undercutting our prices basically so people shop at the club store not JD

I get that, but why does that result in a fine?

Obviously a scummy tactic from the club to rip fans off but why have we been fined?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Can anyone explain this in terms a simpleton like myself could understand?

Billionaire owners who made their money in retail monopoly trying to monopolise the sale of their own football merch. 

A massive shock. 

Leicester City Football Club has today received a Statement of Objections from the Competition and Markets Authority, relative to its investigation into the sale of LCFC-branded products and merchandise, commenced in September 2021.

LCFC has cooperated fully with the CMA’s investigation, which related to the supply of limited volumes of replica kit and other branded clothing to JD Sports for resale over the course of two and a half seasons (2018/19, 2019/20 and the first half of the 2020/21 season).

No current Club directors or senior management were involved in the arrangements with JD Sports.

These arrangements related to a limited number of bulk orders by JD Sports, which were accepted by the Club’s retail sales team over the relevant period. There was no intention on the part of the Club to unlawfully restrict the resale of the goods supplied and no material financial advantage to be gained from doing so, given the limited amount of kit supplied to JD Sports.

However, the Club accepts the CMA’s findings and has taken steps to strengthen its training and compliance measures to ensure the Club’s retail operations fully comply with competition law.

The Club also wishes to clarify, and the CMA has acknowledged, that LCFC’s owners King Power and V&A Holding had no knowledge of or involvement in these sales arrangements.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3570497/cma-public-statement

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Mee-9

More embarrassment. Clearly treating the fans awfully yet again.

From ID checks at away turnstiles and denying kids with their parents match tickets as they don’t have a form of ID, to flagrantly ripping off those who are the club. 

Leicester City you are a disgrace. Another day not to be a proud supporter of this club. 

Profit-obsessed football club in questionable business practice shocker. 

They charge £63 for a replica shirt FFS. They don't care. 

Whether the Commercial Director was personally involved or not, if my department was responsible for my company being fined the best part of a million quid for essentially breaking the law, I'd be out of the door with my P45 before I had a chance to say "it wasn't my fault"

Not at good old family club Leicester City though, where failure is not only tolerated, but rewarded. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

No current Club directors or senior management were involved in the arrangements with JD Sports.

Who was then? As far as i am aware (could be wrong) but no one has left in the past year or two? 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I get that, but why does that result in a fine?

Obviously a scummy tactic from the club to rip fans off but why have we been fined?

They’ve broken a law. 

Competition law protects consumers and businesses from unfair, abusive and anti-competitive practices by providing access to competitive markets resulting in businesses having equal rights in, and access to, the market and consumers being provided with increased choice at fair cost”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Simoken said:

get rid of these owners and overheads, turning the club into a joke. Have the brass to call out Everton with talk of fining them 100m and yet these stories come out.. being true. bunch of twats the lot of them.

Do you really think Top was overseeing the contract negotiations with JD Sport? It's a minor infringement and we've been fined for it. It is not even remotely the same as Everton's very questionable FFP adherence.

• Like 3

LCFC’s owners King Power and V&A Holding

Has the club ever referred to V&A before? First time i've seen it mentioned, obviously refers to the holding company owned by Vichai's wife Aimon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I’m not defending the club as obviously been found guilty of this but don’t that happen anyway, last season on the Adidas site the shirts was £80 and £63 in the club shop and not just ours but any teams football shirts are almost always excluded from any promotional discounts on sites like Adidas/Nike/Sports Direct

I'm assuming the issue here is that we had an agreement with JD to sell the shirt that was signed previously, we've then tried to alter said deal in an underhanded way. Because, as you say the club are well within their rights normally to restrict sale price and even who sells them.

• Like 1