Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXSE

LCFC FINED £880K....

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING WITH THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND UK BROADCASTERS.

As I explained the other week:

The whole thing is a criminal enterprise and needs bringing down.

Absolute joke!

It doesnt help the government and establishment in this country arent fit for purpose and are designed to maintain the status quo for the elite.

We are just being made an example of because its  'small fry' to make them look like they are functioning 'properly' .

In reality the same crap is happening everywhere. My water company is pumping poo into the rivers and sea, can I move to another company in protest? can I heck, I HAVE to pay them even more next year according to OFWAT, the folk meant to regulate them. 

The whole country is shagged! 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Absolute joke!

It doesnt help the government and establishment in this country arent fit for purpose and are designed to maintain the status quo for the elite.

We are just being made an example of because its  'small fry' to make them look like they are functioning 'properly' .

In reality the same crap i happening everywhere. My water company is pumping poo into the rivers and sea, can I move to another company in protest? can I heck, I HAVE to pay them even more next year accorsding to OFWAT. 

The whole country is shagged! 

The irony is, they've actually now set a precedent in which the Premier League, Sky, BT and Amazon could be sued for the exact same thing. And we ****ing shouild.

35 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING WITH THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND UK BROADCASTERS.

As I explained the other week:

The whole thing is a criminal enterprise and needs bringing down.

No need to shout pal 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This just stinks of someone doing a deal with JD on a load of shirts at a discount, JD then undercut the club and the club moaned about it. As you can restrict sale price and who sells them, see Apple. You can't buy their latest items new anywhere else cheaper than Apple sell them for. So the reality here, is that the club F'd up and tried to correct the mistake, which in turn broke the law. 

Seems the most likely scenario doesn’t it. 

54 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester City Football Club has today received a Statement of Objections from the Competition and Markets Authority, relative to its investigation into the sale of LCFC-branded products and merchandise, commenced in September 2021.

LCFC has cooperated fully with the CMA’s investigation, which related to the supply of limited volumes of replica kit and other branded clothing to JD Sports for resale over the course of two and a half seasons (2018/19, 2019/20 and the first half of the 2020/21 season).

No current Club directors or senior management were involved in the arrangements with JD Sports.

These arrangements related to a limited number of bulk orders by JD Sports, which were accepted by the Club’s retail sales team over the relevant period. There was no intention on the part of the Club to unlawfully restrict the resale of the goods supplied and no material financial advantage to be gained from doing so, given the limited amount of kit supplied to JD Sports.

However, the Club accepts the CMA’s findings and has taken steps to strengthen its training and compliance measures to ensure the Club’s retail operations fully comply with competition law.

The Club also wishes to clarify, and the CMA has acknowledged, that LCFC’s owners King Power and V&A Holding had no knowledge of or involvement in these sales arrangements.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3570497/cma-public-statement

I think what’s most concerning here is that the club’s hierarchy has no idea what’s going on below them. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This just stinks of someone doing a deal with JD on a load of shirts at a discount, JD then undercut the club and the club moaned about it. As you can restrict sale price and who sells them, see Apple. You can't buy their latest items new anywhere else cheaper than Apple sell them for. So the reality here, is that the club F'd up and tried to correct the mistake, which in turn broke the law. 

JD sports gets away with it despite being just as guilty for going along with it

“JD Sports reported the illegal conduct and admitted its participation in the alleged conduct by way of a leniency application. It will not receive a fine provided that it continues to co-operate and to comply with the other conditions of the CMA’s leniency policy”

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

100% this. Funny how much some people overreact

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/leicester-city-fined-up-to-ps880-000-over-price-fixing-with-jd-sports-b2369803.html

“These arrangements related to a limited number of bulk orders by JD Sports, which were accepted by the club’s retail sales team over the relevant period,” the club added.

Going forward the club will be the sole source of the shirts with all revenue from that fine, I'd rather the club maximise revenue than a chavy company like JD. 

Alarmingly it appears that hierarchy are either lying about knowing about this to plead ignorance or that they actually allow stupid people further down the pyramid with enough power to authorise this kind of fck up. 

All this while the much bigger and important parts of our national game are exploited to the bigger clubs gain and we'll likely never see any meaningful action. 

• Like 1