Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXSE

LCFC FINED £880K....

21 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

There's always someone happy that the club finds ways to treat it's fans with disdain. 

Who the heck buys their Leicester City merchandise from JD Sports anyway? Unless you’re a Chav who’s main objective was to probably buy themselves a McKenzie tracksuit along with a Jordan crossbody bag.

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Who the heck buys their Leicester City merchandise from JD Sports anyway? Unless you’re a Chav who’s main objective was to probably buy themselves a McKenzie tracksuit along with a Jordan crossbody bag.

Ah, bollocks. There was me thinking I looked good. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

I highly doubt this stunt has made us anywhere near what we’ve been fined. Its incompetence yet again but this time we’ve got a bit of illegal activity thrown in as well. 

As usual though nothing will change. 

no way we made 800k doing this. at the same time, they could have fined us a lot more

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

From the Mercury:

'City have also said that no current club directors or senior management were involved in the arrangements with JD Sports.' 

So whodunnit? 

wellens 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If you know it's cheaper there than elsewhere, then I'd imagine anyone with half a brain?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

From the Mercury:

'City have also said that no current club directors or senior management were involved in the arrangements with JD Sports.' 

So whodunnit? 

The club is claiming that somebody in the retail dept arranged this deal with JD Sports without the knowledge of Top or Whelan, and that this person has now left the club. So if you think about it, LCFC are just as much victims here - we trusted this employee to behave properly, yet they went and negotiated this underhand deal without telling anybody. I do hope whoever it was is hanging their head in shame today....

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Which is highly probable, it could literally be down the the solicitors drawing up the contract not putting some restrictions in it, which they should have done... and nobody checked. Who knows, it's not really the grand conspiracy it looks IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Commercial Director, or someone most likely under him I'd imagine. 

It's not going to pass under the noses of anyone higher up in any great detail. It'd get lost in a monthly report... they've just messed up with the original deal, by not placing the restrictions within it, and messed up even more correcting it with a hooky deal afterwards. 

What they did isn't actually any different to what we'll be doing now, or what other clubs or businesses do. We'll just be restricting prices and who can sell them by the letter of the law. That's why the whole thing is stupid, the outcome isn't against the law, how they went about getting there is. 

Stop with this sensible approach. 

The masses seem to think Top, Whelan and Rudkin have a hand in everything 

• Like 2

It might not be the grand conspiracy taken in isolation. True enough; could be a mistake.

But when set against the timeline of this ever increasing distance from the fans, increasing hostility from a security team on match days, and a total disconnect from the club's media from reality it doesn't track well.

Yeah. On its own, maybe a costly mistake. But the last eighteen months to two years people have been complaining the club treats us like twats and then this slots nicely into that.

Call it a coincidence, eh.

37 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

From the Mercury:

So whodunnit? 

So we’re about to be fined nearly a million quid because of middle management decisions? Give me a break. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which is highly probable, it could literally be down the the solicitors drawing up the contract not putting some restrictions in it, which they should have done... and nobody checked. Who knows, it's not really the grand conspiracy it looks IMO. 

Totally agree - not a huge conspiracy. But presumably whoever arranged the deal did so in the belief they were doing what their superiors expected of them. Whether they were right to believe that is another matter. 

38 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you know it's cheaper there than elsewhere, then I'd imagine anyone with half a brain?

Exactly. And this is why the club tried to put the measure in, so they wouldn’t lose out! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Cheaper by £4 postage, is that seriously worth crying over?

Leicester City and many other clubs have fvcked their fans over far worse than this over the years.

Just now, kingfox said:

Cheaper by £4 postage, is that seriously worth crying over?

Leicester City and many other clubs have fvcked their fans over far worse than this over the years.

It's cheaper so yes, it is quite literally "worth" doing. Who voluntarily pays more for something if they have the chance to get exactly the same product for a lower price?

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Or if you don't live in Leicester and don't want to pay the delivery charge.

29 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Totally agree - not a huge conspiracy. But presumably whoever arranged the deal did so in the belief they were doing what their superiors expected of them. Whether they were right to believe that is another matter. 

Or someone making a massive cock up, trying to cover their tracks and then making an even bigger cock up... these people exist. 

34 minutes ago, Dames said:

So we’re about to be fined nearly a million quid because of middle management decisions? Give me a break. 

The law doesn't stipulate a difference depending on what level of management did it. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The law doesn't stipulate a difference depending on what level of management did it. 

I'm not saying it does but they must think we are naive to think that a deal with a huge national retailer would not be known about at director level.