Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXSE

LCFC FINED £880K....

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Maybe if it were a small partnership with a local firm you'd be right but a deal with a major retailer will have input from the very top. There is absolutely no way the CEO did not know about this. They are using the previous Commercial Director as cover. 

Didn’t know about what? The deal or the actual finer details of the contract?

As I said they’d be in the loop, but not necessarily on the finer details at all. That’s the commercial directors actual job. 

6 hours ago, Dames said:

KPFC fans will no doubt be out in force to defend this shambles. Club is rotten at every level. I cannot wait for the day until this lot go. 

Bet you were a Barry Pierpoint fan

• Like 1

It seems to me that virtually all prem clubs indulge in shady dealings..our hapless board and owner however are even crap at the dirty business!

Our lot are the football equivalent of the  sh!t burgler who poses for the security camera! 🤣🤣

I don't know why people are shocked and outraged by this.  

This sort of thing is normal - we wouldn't even notice if it happened to another club.  Where there's money there's corruption, sure as night follows day.  It's a murky world but KP are no worse than any other team with money.  I you want decent honest football then you probably have to stick to non league, and I expect even that  involves some backhanders.

Personally I'm not bothered if the club try and do slightly dodgy things like this.  It doesn't compare with the humanitarian suffering caused by the oil clubs' owners. It's just a few shirts, and JD Sports aren't exactly a little high street independent shop trying to make an honest living!

Edited by Qwerty
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester City Football Club has today received a Statement of Objections from the Competition and Markets Authority, relative to its investigation into the sale of LCFC-branded products and merchandise, commenced in September 2021.

LCFC has cooperated fully with the CMA’s investigation, which related to the supply of limited volumes of replica kit and other branded clothing to JD Sports for resale over the course of two and a half seasons (2018/19, 2019/20 and the first half of the 2020/21 season).

No current Club directors or senior management were involved in the arrangements with JD Sports.

These arrangements related to a limited number of bulk orders by JD Sports, which were accepted by the Club’s retail sales team over the relevant period. There was no intention on the part of the Club to unlawfully restrict the resale of the goods supplied and no material financial advantage to be gained from doing so, given the limited amount of kit supplied to JD Sports.

However, the Club accepts the CMA’s findings and has taken steps to strengthen its training and compliance measures to ensure the Club’s retail operations fully comply with competition law.

The Club also wishes to clarify, and the CMA has acknowledged, that LCFC’s owners King Power and V&A Holding had no knowledge of or involvement in these sales arrangements.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3570497/cma-public-statement

Who are V&A holdings?

7 hours ago, KFS said:

Like it or not mate, unless you want some Saudi overloads ruling your club, they have to try bullshit like this to stay competitive on the commercial side against the greedy seven. I don’t condone this but you can see the root cause.

No they don't. Might have to pull some morally suspect acts but fleecing your own fans isn't the way to do it. More stupid because it was potentially limiting the growth of the Leicester City brand.

This decision might be their dumbest yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

This just stinks of someone doing a deal with JD on a load of shirts at a discount, JD then undercut the club and the club moaned about it. As you can restrict sale price and who sells them, see Apple. You can't buy their latest items new anywhere else cheaper than Apple sell them for. So the reality here, is that the club F'd up and tried to correct the mistake, which in turn broke the law. 

No you can't its illegal in pretty much all instances (in UK at least) unless in the consumers favour ie you set a maximum resale price, but a minimum sale price or any kind of 'can't discount by x' is 'resale price maintenance'. Apple sort their consistency with skinny margins meaning if a reseller wants to discount they make bugger all so not worth it...

Reading the comments about accountability, I don't think Susan Whelan or whoever would sign off the JD deal ,its more we've had in place at whatever level someone who would, when knowing the above should be a prerequisite for that role so they're either negligent or incompetent (ie a retail Rudkin)

15 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

No you can't its illegal in pretty much all instances (in UK at least) unless in the consumers favour ie you set a maximum resale price, but a minimum sale price or any kind of 'can't discount by x' is 'resale price maintenance'. Apple sort their consistency with skinny margins meaning if a reseller wants to discount they make bugger all so not worth it...

Reading the comments about accountability, I don't think Susan Whelan or whoever would sign off the JD deal ,its more we've had in place at whatever level someone who would, when knowing the above should be a prerequisite for that role so they're either negligent or incompetent (ie a retail Rudkin)

So you can restrict sale price then by offering painfully slim discounts to only a few people actually allowed to sell your product… so exactly like I said then.