Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXSE

LCFC FINED £880K....

3 hours ago, Daggers Kelly Sabrina Jill said:

I wouldn’t normally take anecdote over my experience, but it’s you, so I will slink to a corner and stfu for an hour or so 😁

I'm still dealing with the fall out from it... good money though lol

• Haha 1

I suppose this just illustrates how we unwitting fans, by our affiliation to City (and every other club that doesn't have some form of fan input into how their clubs are run) get ripped off by following and spending our cash on an organisation devoted to optimising its money-making operations.

It's a confidence game which, by mismanagement on the team side, is clearly on display to the world. City have lost any of its remaining credit in 'the Leicester way'  reputation which grew up during the Prem winning season.

I don't know how things would have been different had Vichai lived on, but this should be a lesson that football isn't something that a privileged bunch of business people can monopolise and utilise without reference to the people whose loyalty creates an edifice that has nothing to do with, in this case, 'filthy lucre'.

The price of replica kit precludes anyone with budgetary difficulties from buying it. Post Covid and midst the Ukraine war (and after 'austerity' as an effective economic model is disproved) you'd think that, as long as the clothing was sold at more than it cost to produce (pennies in some sweat shop) football would recognise its incredible greed and give something more than a free beer and a burger back to its admission paying fans (and those who can't afford admission).

When footballers at tier one can be paid £320k per week and people rely on food banks, then somethings seriously awry with the system that's supposed to look after our well-being.

Edited by gerblod
Missed wording

On 05/07/2023 at 12:27, urban.spaceman said:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING WITH THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND UK BROADCASTERS.

As I explained the other week:

The whole thing is a criminal enterprise and needs bringing down.

Indeed, exclusivity in itself fits the description.

22 hours ago, Dames said:

And you honestly believe the CEO would not know the main details of a deal with a national retailer? This sort of deal has to have sign off at all levels. 

(And yes placing conditions on the sale of the goods is a main detail).

Apparently Whelan just collects her salary not involved in anything. :)

• Haha 1

On 07/07/2023 at 00:13, Foxes_Trust said:

We will be questioning the club on the background, the logic of the decision originally taken and some elements of the published statement

There is a delicious irony of you calling for further public comment from the club and being disappointed in their lack of response when there have been numerous calls on this forum for you to be open and honest about your own membership numbers, governance etc. Yet you yourselves go strangely silent when these questions are asked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

There is a delicious irony of you calling for further public comment from the club and being disappointed in their lack of response when there have been numerous calls on this forum for you to be open and honest about your own membership numbers, governance etc. Yet you yourselves go strangely silent when these questions are asked.

I think we need to set up a Foxes Trust Trust.

• 1 month later...

https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/suspected-anti-competitive-behaviour-in-relation-to-the-sale-of-leicester-city-fc-branded-products-and-merchandise#infringement-decision

I was just reading the decision on this.

Infringement decision

On 31 July 2023, the CMA issued a decision finding that JD Sports Fashion Plc and Leicester City Football Club Limited broke competition law by colluding to restrict competition in the sales of Leicester City-branded clothing, including replica kit, in the UK.

The decision is addressed to JD Sports Fashion Plc, Leicester City Football Club Limited and Leicester City Football Club Limited’s parent companies, King Power International Co. Limited and V & A Holding Co. Limited.

A fine of £880,000 has been imposed on Leicester City Football Club Limited, King Power International Co. Limited and V & A Holding Co. Limited. The penalty includes a discount to reflect the fact that these parties have settled the case with the CMA (described further below).

JD Sports reported the conduct to the CMA and benefits from immunity to any fine under the CMA’s Leniency programme.

……….

A few things

Who are V&A Holdings? 

Who is paying this then? Will it go in the King Power accounts? Will It be split 3 ways? 

JD Sports got off without a fine, as they reported it. they were the whistleblowers.