Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Willy Caballero confirmed as Assistant Manager

Just now, Sambiasso said:

As mentioned in the Doyle thread, this was the free transfer I was alluding to. I was told he was coming in as player/coach :thumbup:

Maybe Enzo decided he's good enough to be his assistant?, with Steffen coming in, or having said that maybe he will play for us, while Steffen gets match fit?

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

As mentioned in the Doyle thread, this was the free transfer I was alluding to. I was told he was coming in as player/coach :thumbup:

Useful signing to cover your arse after another thing you got wrong 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

People know absolutely fvck all about either him or Cambiasso as a coach. Esteban might be terrible for all we know while Caballero could be a footballing genius. Literally no idea. 

What people moaning about. 

FT tradition! 

40 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Another Southampton signing, what could possibly go wrong.

...we appear to be fixated by that that club!!!

There was a time, where they seemed to have a conveyor belt of talent at their disposal and as soon as they sold one another one came through.

They have since slumped and have failed to maintain there Houdini image and yet we are now following  them and copying a process that had stopped working for them sometime ago.

There's a quote by the Al Pacino character, Walter Burke, in the film The Recruit.  "You gotta give me one thing. I'm a scary judge of talent."

I'm hoping Enzo is also a scary judge of talent. Otherwise this could all fall apart quite quickly.

I can see why people were hoping it was Cambiasso. He did his coaching badges with Maresca and gave a glowing endorsement to Top when we were looking for a permanent manager. He also was pure sauce for a year here and goes down as a Leicester icon for his contribution in the great escape. He is also one of those players who had an aura about him that makes people idolise him.

Caballero has had a pretty good career, they've crossed paths either directly or indirectly a few times and that's probably what's led to this.

Just glad he's not coming in as our 1st choice keeper 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I can see why people were hoping it was Cambiasso. He did his coaching badges with Maresca and gave a glowing endorsement to Top when we were looking for a permanent manager. He also was pure sauce for a year here and goes down as a Leicester icon for his contribution in the great escape. He is also one of those players who had an aura about him that makes people idolise him.

Caballero has had a pretty good career, they've crossed paths either directly or indirectly a few times and that's probably what's led to this.

Just glad he's not coming in as our 1st choice keeper 😂

Was Maresca at Man City when Caballero was? 

56 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Another Southampton signing, what could possibly go wrong.

Except, he spent only 18 months of his 20 year career there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iran said:

@StriderHiryu Seems your suggestion worked, but in a different capacity (assistant manager as opposed to goalkeeper)! :D

Ha ha ha I feel ultra redeemed! It wouldn’t surprise me if he even registered as a backup keeper just in case!

One thing I’ll say is that we’ve gone from having an old school dated goalkeeping coach in Stowell to having two people at the club who are used to coaching modern goalkeepers. That’s a really good change IMO. Caballero played many times in the Champions League too, at Malaga before going to the Mancs. You get the feeling he’ll want to be a manager one day too and that will mean he’s hungry, which I like. 

Also just want to say I called Dean Smith to take over last season and people laughed at me. I’m 2 for 2! :scarf:

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 1