Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Willy Caballero confirmed as Assistant Manager

40 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

As mentioned in the Doyle thread, this was the free transfer I was alluding to. I was told he was coming in as player/coach :thumbup:

Will we still for Steffen? To me this gives Iversen until the January window to improve his kicking, with a backup option if he can’t. If Iversen can’t adapt we buy someone else. 

Or I suppose it means Willy plays until Steffen is fit again. Which probably makes more sense actually…

8 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

There's a quote by the Al Pacino character, Walter Burke, in the film The Recruit.  "You gotta give me one thing. I'm a scary judge of talent."

I'm hoping Enzo is also a scary judge of talent. Otherwise this could all fall apart quite quickly.

Why even have that thought..worse is using a film quote..

Why must some fans  put an immediate damper on new exciting

set-up..

It's moaning for moaning sake..

Then without any logical reason to underpin ones negative views..

It's a poor state of affairs that a babbling minority, will be doing nothing else but  waiting for & scrutinising the first errors & yapping through the first half of the season..Instead of first wait and see and giving any new regime some space & time...

I don't expect an 100 metre spurt,but a long distance group who have the capacity to grow,build and evolve on a solid background of past individual knowledge to presenting a flexible group,who learn , gather & process experiences together...

Plus for all fans this squad management can get their charges playing decent and entertaining football, rekindling the club's old mantra.."fearless foxes"

Giving them first a vote of confidence,& importantly IMO patience..

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

Apparently this bloke has applied to be an academy coach: 

IMG_9764.jpeg

Apparently he’s in Skeggy at the moment. We wait until he’s back before we let him know he’s not got the job - we wouldn’t want to ruin his holiday…

Edited by ClaphamFox

No issue with this whatsoever, it’s important the Assistant Manager is somebody the Manager trusts. As for inexperience, he has been playing up to the end of this season so will be fully up to speed with what works and what is good in terms of coaching methods for the modern game. A player with vast experience at the highest level so should have the immediate respect of the playing squad and given he has played at the top level into his 40’s demonstrates he is the consummate professional. 

Noce to see the club thinking outside the box and not just plumping for the same old same old from the coaching merry go round 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we appear to be fixated by that that club!!!

There was a time, where they seemed to have a conveyor belt of talent at their disposal and as soon as they sold one another one came through.

They have since slumped and have failed to maintain there Houdini image and yet we are now following  them and copying a process that had stopped working for them sometime ago.

I think it's fair to say that they were the model we followed from day one of KP, and they did it very well, as did we, and then they lost it, as did we....