Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Willy Caballero confirmed as Assistant Manager

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

@Sambiasso did this one come out the blue for you? I know you hinted AM was waiting on a work permit and issues with “previous misdemeanours” which pointed towards the Italian fella? 

Not as player coach, for him to be announced as assistant was out the blue. 

Likely to be another coach join up, not heard any names atm.

• Like 2

Got to admit, this does make me a little more nervous. 

It’s a big gamble, more so than even cambiasso who at least had brief experience. But i’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Doubling up as a goalkeeping coach i’m sure 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Still feel like Maresca is going to want one more coaching member, maybe another assistant or first team coach then the staff will be complete.

I am in my early 40s, have similar beard to our managers/coaches with a distinct lack of hair growth on my head. 

I've successfully player-managed the local gurdwara team, won the defensive player of the year award at a high perfomance Canadian highschool in the 90s and scored with so many women even John Terry and Sven Eriksson would be impressed. 

Will do the job for £3k a week and be the voice of foxestalk nation. I can turn   @Ric Flair's beloved Tete into a bonnerfide stud (erm star) again if given the chance.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

We’ve just had 2 years worth of shite from an incredibly experienced set up… I’m amazed people aren’t pleased we’re at least trying something different! 

Pretty much where I'm at.

We must stick to calling the coaches by their surname, otherwise there might come a day when 30,000 fans are calling for him out and it will sound like a Carry On Film as will the Mercury headline that he's "for the chop" - ouch 

Edited by fazzyfox

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't think goalkeepers make for good coaches/managers in general. I'd be ok with this if he was coming in as GK coach. Hopefully he's proves to be one of the few exceptions.

Jock Wallace?