Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Willy Caballero confirmed as Assistant Manager

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think we needed an experienced number 2 seeing as we have get a new manager taking his first experience in the championship.

There's no guarantee that's likely to be any more or less successful - the sort of 'experienced' manager that would be prepared to come in as an AM for a guy with almost no experience wouldn't exactly be A1 calibre. I think it's more important for it to be someone he knows and respects.

• Like 1

Top: "OK Rudders, now I want you to go and get that bald Argentine, you know the one that starts with C. You know who I'm talking about right? Or do I need to spell it out for you?" 

Rudkin: "No boss I hear you loud and clear."

• Haha 2

Thing is. None of us know at all. About him or Enzo. We’ve no idea. I’m quite happy we’ve gone left field and am looking forward to the season. I’d much rather do what we’re doing than sign the usual championship journeymen. But it’s a definite risk and i understand those that are worried. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

For the last 18 months Caballero has been a player at Southampton, where his Goalkeeper Coach was Andrew Sparkes. Writing on Twitter, Sparkes, who left Saints at the end of last season, praised Caballero for his diligence in preparing for a career in coaching.

“Absolutely delighted for Willy Caballero joining Leicester City as Assistant Manager," he said. “He’s prepared:

• Juggled UEFA outfield & GK licences while playing in Premier League
  • Completed MBA at the same time
  • Kept a tactical notebook on the bench
  • Afternoons in coaches’ office talking tactics and coaching
  • Experience as GK coach in Premier League

"Most of all an incredible person, so humble and has so much experience to offer."

Caballero is currently completing both his UEFA A Licence and UEFA A Goalkeeping Licence. He graduated with an MBA from Longford College.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/best-prepared-caballero-joins-marescas-coaching-staff-at-leicester

Hmmmm didn’t Saints have a worse performing goalkeeper than us? 
Could Mr Sparkes be hoping for a new job here?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

For the last 18 months Caballero has been a player at Southampton, where his Goalkeeper Coach was Andrew Sparkes. Writing on Twitter, Sparkes, who left Saints at the end of last season, praised Caballero for his diligence in preparing for a career in coaching.

“Absolutely delighted for Willy Caballero joining Leicester City as Assistant Manager," he said. “He’s prepared:

• Juggled UEFA outfield & GK licences while playing in Premier League
  • Completed MBA at the same time
  • Kept a tactical notebook on the bench
  • Afternoons in coaches’ office talking tactics and coaching
  • Experience as GK coach in Premier League

"Most of all an incredible person, so humble and has so much experience to offer."

Caballero is currently completing both his UEFA A Licence and UEFA A Goalkeeping Licence. He graduated with an MBA from Longford College.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/best-prepared-caballero-joins-marescas-coaching-staff-at-leicester

Everyone has to start somewhere in all walks of life - it's a dinosaur attitude to say someone isn'y for for a job due to experience or age. Best of luck to him

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was well backed, over 250 million pounds well backed, that he wasn't was both a Rodgers excuse and myth. It's what he did with that money that is just part of our miserable downfall. 

He initially inherited a very good squad of players who were well capable of achieving things and did so until, in my opinion, the full force of his influence, coaching, tactics and public demeaning of those players took a complete and unshakeable hold. It was an inevitable downward spiral from then on aided and abetted, as you rightly say, by the incompetence of Top and the board who were starry eyed with his blarney. It was similar at Liverpool and things had started to regress at Celtic, despite trophies, before he came here.

Rodgers and his ways have incredibly damaged us for years to come. Peter Taylor or Coco the clown would be a breath of fresh air after him let alone Maresca and his staff. The complete clear-out of both Rodgers and his team was absolutely vital to rid the stench of incompetency, malaise and try to repair all the damage caused. Whether we can ever get back to where we were is very questionable. 

Spoilt your argument by hysterically throwing Peter Taylor in to it.

• Haha 1

Quite excited by having a keeper of his quality in the management set-up as assistant manager rather than just a goalkeeper coach.

When keepers are interviewed, it seems to me that they see/watch a lot of the games they play in throughout their careers also see much of it differently, so I'm hoping his presence offers different and useful perspectives.

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was well backed, over 250 million pounds well backed, that he wasn't was both a Rodgers excuse and myth. It's what he did with that money that is just part of our miserable downfall. 

He initially inherited a very good squad of players who were well capable of achieving things and did so until, in my opinion, the full force of his influence, coaching, tactics and public demeaning of those players took a complete and unshakeable hold. It was an inevitable downward spiral from then on aided and abetted, as you rightly say, by the incompetence of Top and the board who were starry eyed with his blarney. It was similar at Liverpool and things had started to regress at Celtic, despite trophies, before he came here.

Rodgers and his ways have incredibly damaged us for years to come. Peter Taylor or Coco the clown would be a breath of fresh air after him let alone Maresca and his staff. The complete clear-out of both Rodgers and his team was absolutely vital to rid the stench of incompetency, malaise and try to repair all the damage caused. Whether we can ever get back to where we were is very questionable. 

:source:

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Brentford and Brighton are where they are due to mindset, the first season we are back in the premiership, I'd suggest the target wouldn't be survival but top 10. Burnley have the same ambitious mindset, Bournemouth are trying to look upwards. I wouldn't be surprised if one out of those two finished top 10 next season. With the right decisions and transfers getting back to 8th is possible by the end of Merescas 3 year contract.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well what was your point then? lol

Very sassy remark after your comment basically suggested we don't need a goalkeeping coach because our assistant manager used to be a keeper.

Can’t he be assistant manager but on the training field train the keepers?  I mean  assistant managers help out with training don’t they?

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

Can’t he be assistant manager but on the training field train the keepers?  I mean  assistant managers help out with training don’t they?

I'm sure he can and then he'd be burnt out in a week. Asking him to be full time goalkeeping coach as well as putting in the hours that role of assistant manager would demand.

Unless of course you think he should be working 14 hour days as well as weekends :D 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm sure he can and then he'd be burnt out in a week. Asking him to be full time goalkeeping coach as well as putting in the hours that role of assistant manager would demand.

Unless of course you think he should be working 14 hour days as well as weekends :D 

What? Lots of assistant managers coach.

besides, how long do you think the training sessions are? lol

Just now, MPH said:

What? Lots of assistant managers coach.

besides, how long do you think the training sessions are? lol

Alright 14 hours might have been an exaggeration, but you must surely accept there is difference between helping out with sessions and being a full time coach? If not then we just don't have the common ground to come to an agreement :D

I'd much rather have someone completely focused on planning, running and looking after the keepers. So my assistant manager can concentrate on his actual job.