Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Willy Caballero confirmed as Assistant Manager

5 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Will Willy help us keep clean sheets?

Will he help us be more penetrative if we face stiff opposition?

Can he help our wingers dribble any better?

Have we got any pre season games against Staines or Cockermouth?

There's plenty more questions,  I'm sure

Will he spunk money away?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...let us just say it has set us back a year (while we are in the second tier)!!!

And then if promoted, we will be back in a position where we were two seasons before. Our present enlightened approach is the polar opposite of what we sought to do last season.

Yes, i think  that's a more reasonable reaction. I get your frustration but we have to try to start looking for the positives again - we're not a super-club, we still have to fight each year, but the performance of one manager doesn't necessarily need to impact the reign of his successor.  For many reasons we're in the EFL, not just BR, now we just need to rationalize that and find a way to not let ourselves get bogged down in it - i think we're all glad that we didn't go down the smith/parker/marsch path, that the early signs suggest the club is aware of what needs to be fixed.  

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

All well and good, but this activity, as it stands is all in the past - your original comment said 'for years to come' - which remains to be seen.  It is entirely possible that what has happened under BR's stewardship could end up having numerous silver linings... we don't know, but to suggest that we are a damaged club for years to come is the height of pessimism and i suspect is far from a universal opinion.

Time will tell eh. I hope you're right. 

On 09/07/2023 at 15:25, Sambiasso said:

Not as player coach, for him to be announced as assistant was out the blue. 

Likely to be another coach join up, not heard any names atm.

On 11/07/2023 at 10:41, bald reynard said:

This one could be Cambiasso. We know Maresca was on his Coaching course in Italy with him. I'm sure Caballero will know him well - they're  both Argentinians, the same age and played together for Argentina.

As far as I know, EC isn't in work atm, having finished as Coach with the Colombia national team 18  months ago. And of course if EM wanted to cement his relationship with City fans, Cambiasso coming back, would be the icing on the cake?!

I think Cambiasso could well be the 'mystery Coach' Sambiasso is talking about. Maresca has talked much of the quality of fellow Coaches on his UEFA course and his common background with Cambiasso in Italy, Spain and Greece must be a plus. The Caballero links with EC, could also be significant.

With City fans only too happy to welcome Cambiasso back and his continuing interest in us (as shown in recent social media comments), it would be a coup to recruit him again. And of course, he is a free agent, so no negotiations needed to bring him in (the same advantage we had with Caballero).

"Watch this space", would be my advice!

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Time will tell eh. I hope you're right. 

Sure. i hope so! - i think, as a club, we're still looked on enviously by many other clubs, and we have the infrastructure to be able to turn things around - not saying it'll be easy, but we've been here before, and i don't think the club is as naive as people fear.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2023 at 15:05, Outfox the Fox said:

I think Cambiasso could well be the 'mystery Coach' Sambiasso is talking about. Maresca has talked much of the quality of fellow Coaches on his UEFA course and his common background with Cambiasso in Italy, Spain and Greece must be a plus. The Caballero links with EC, could also be significant.

With City fans only too happy to welcome Cambiasso back and his continuing interest in us (as shown in recent social media comments), it would be a coup to recruit him again. And of course, he is a free agent, so no negotiations needed to bring him in (the same advantage we had with Caballero).

"Watch this space", would be my advice!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-kalas-contract-pearson-8502254.amp

Andy King hasn't signed a new contract at Brizzle yet, despite NP saying he would - a month ago!

Could he be the new Coach, Sambiasso has talked about?!

9 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-kalas-contract-pearson-8502254.amp

Andy King hasn't signed a new contract at Brizzle yet, despite NP saying he would - a month ago!

Could he be the new Coach, Sambiasso has talked about?!

Honestly think there's more chance of Cambiasso than King. Both wont happen though. It'll be an Italian/Spaniard that you've never heard of. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Michele De Bernardin our Goalkeeping Coach

Michele De Bernardin - Manager profile | Transfermarkt

Enzo, Willy and Michele all have the same look.  Bald with a beard.  Will Rudkin follow suit with this look as well?

I see an opportunity for face masks this season (non covid ones)

• Haha 1